January 9: Advice To Your Future Self (Journaling challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by Dalis, Jan 6, 2018.

1. bumblebeee

bumblebeee Well-Known Member

2. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Journaling is not my comfort zone...I was a little worried about trying to get 150 words but I hit 213!!

[​IMG]

Kimvanneste and Dalis like this.
  3. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

4. Smileark

Smileark Well-Known Member

I struggled with this challenge. I completely worked backwards on this. I fell in love with @iciclelady layout (Thank you!!) for this challenge and completely scrap lifted it. And then was able to finally add writing. Not much of a writer. However, I ended up with 276 words.
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  5. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

6. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

7. gwany1999

gwany1999 Worst Cooks in America - I watch it, I live it

[​IMG]

Words: 154
    When you head back to Walt Disney World you need to take time to relax and enjoy your vacation. In the past it was all about what rides you got on or what character you met or how early you could get into the parks. It’s important to remember that this is supposed to be a vacation with the family. It’s simply not possible to do everything at Walt Disney World in a single vacation, so stop trying to make that happen. Once you give yourself permission to not visit one of the parks, or not go on a less important ride, or not stay up for Extra Magic Hours, the layers of stress just fall away. As you over plan, like I know you will add some time for things like pool side fun, or a dinner alone for you and Matt or a walk at the boardwalk, or even a boat ride.

Dalis likes this.
  8. catgoddess

catgoddess Well-Known Member

Thank you for the beautiful challenge!
    [​IMG]

Graciela1 and Dalis like this.
  9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

That's fine! I guess.

10. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

Here's mine!
    [​IMG]

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

Dalis and Mylinn like this.
  11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh sweetie pie.... I am so sorry!

12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Journaling (471 words according to Word Counter):
    If we go to Lafayette Hotel again, don’t use the Suze Suite because the bunk bed mattresses are too thin for my adult-sized children, and just one room with two queen beds isn’t big enough for the five of us anymore because Ian is getting so big.
    Look for that Mexican restaurant across from Pappalecco and the one we left after guacamole, Puesto, near Seaport Village. I know nothing about the one in Hillcrest, but we had guacamole in Puesto and the taco choices were very interesting. Definitely return to Pappalecco, and maybe to Union in Gaslamp and Edgewater Grill in Seaport Village.
    Before going to any restaurant check to be sure they’re open.
    Visit the building that used to be Mervyn’s, the store where I worked for 5 years (now Kohl’s). I’m curious to see how it has changed.
    See if I can rent a photo scanner so I can get better copies of the old family pictures Mom has.
    Bring beach towels, as well as just bathing suits. And flip-flops. Also bring short sleeve t-shirts, even in January.
    Don’t think I can make scrapbook pages on Robert’s computer with the ancient Photoshop CS2. The 124Gb memory card was only half-filled, but I bought it for nothing. Consider not vacationing in January so I don’t miss any MOC.
    Switching to RAW+JPG was a fantastic idea, since I am doing pretty well making good exposures. I have been able to mostly just use the JPGs and don’t have to process 700 photos.
    Maybe do more research into restaurant menus and ingredients earlier in hope it will be less stressful for Caroline going to new restaurants every day.
    The Spot actually doesn’t have particularly fabulous food and we don’t have to go back there. Maybe just the two of us.
    American Airlines has awesome interactive maps on their seatback screens. Frontier has uncomfortable seats.
    Don’t bother packing carry on bags carefully. You’ll probably have to repack them after security pulls everything out. Perhaps it was my camera in the snack backpack that triggered them.
    Maybe plan to cook a meal at Mom’s house.
    Make sure to have charger cables and plugs for everyone, and remember to charge phones and earbuds every evening.
    It’s definitely not advisable to try to have lunch with Sheri in Austin on a layover. Our plane was delayed and our layover turned out to be short, and who knows how long the security check would have been, and who wants to go through security more than necessary?
    Take a walk around the Gaslamp Quarter and downtown. It has nicely developed and seems to have become a lively, interesting place.
    Try not to visit San Diego in weeks with rainy days. But escaping Virginia immediately before a polar vortex and completely missing the winter storm was a great idea.

[​IMG]

bestcee, Dalis and Mylinn like this.
  13. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Thanks for the challenge!! I hit 225 words and thought I might stop and save some words for the next journalling challenge! Haha! I plan on printing this and putting it into the Christmas decorations box so I will see it at the end of the year!

[​IMG]

14. Graciela1

Graciela1 Active Member

Thanks for the challenge[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  15. heathert

heathert Well-Known Member

162 words, I think... all about family, deadlines, & creativity.

[​IMG]

Graciela1, Dalis and Mylinn like this.
  16. Bethie

Bethie Well-Known Member

17. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I don't know why this one was so hard for me. I actually made the page before I did the journaling, and ended up with 228 words once I stopped 'thinking' so much! This was definitely a challenge!

[​IMG]

Graciela1, Dalis and Mylinn like this.
  18. Sani_digiscrap

Sani_digiscrap Well-Known Member

19. Stacy

Stacy Well-Known Member

Ugh!! I hate journaling about myself! This was killer!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Mylinn and Dalis like this.
  20. JenniferJ

JenniferJ Ain't nothing that a Krispy Kreme can't fix

Day 9 - Advice to Future Self - 178 Words

[​IMG]

sbee, Dalis and Mylinn like this.