January 9: Advice To Your Future Self (Journaling challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by Dalis, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

Me too, crazy, very challenging stressful teenage years here! Just got my ASD, ADHD, Anxiety ridden first born through Yr 12 and High School! A lot of what you've touched on I can so relate to! :) Hang in there and be blessed! :)

2. Genniejoy

I really want to say to EVERYONE, wow, your sharing in this journalling challenge is mind blowing! What awesome, amazing women we are! :) I love that many of us have told ourselves to be kind to ourselves, why are we so hard on ourselves? I don't know, but what a blessing it is to be challenged and able to take the time to think about and write to ourselves! We should do it more often. We are especially blessed that we have the creative outlet of our scrapbooking to be able to do this! Have an awesome day fellow scrappers! <3

Dalis, bonnenuit and mrs2a50 like this.
  3. Genniejoy

This is beautiful! Play, play and play! I wish I could come and listen. I agree, despite past hurts and pain and reminders, play again. I ALWAYS wanted to learn but only did for 6 months in high school and that was an eon ago. I hope you take it up and again and play the music in your heart. <3

Dalis likes this.
  4. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

This is to myself this time next year, when I accomplish my new years resolution! lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Dalis, lulyg14 and Mylinn like this.
  5. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

I don't often journal deeply, but this was a good challenge. Hubby and I are hoping to start our family soon, so this is a reminder of what sort of mother I hope I am in the future. Journaling in the gallery (382 words)
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  6. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

What if I write 150 words in my native language and get less when I translate???????:thinking2

Dalis likes this.
  7. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

8. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

This Sure Turned Out To Be A Really Personal Challenge For Me...After Reading About This Challenge All
    These Feelings About My Mom Passing Away Came Back In Full Force & I Shed A Few Tears Thinking About
    How Much I Miss Her Everyday & I Got To Thinking About The Fact That I Almost Died Last Year Well Technically
    I Died Twice...Life Has Been Very Difficult For Me The Last Many Years & I Could Have Talked About These Things But I Decided To Go With Some Important Advice To My Future Self That I Wish I Had Known Before Hand...I Am
    An Analyzer & I Tend To Analyze Everything To Death Before I Make An Important Decision...I Don't Trust My
    Instincts Sometimes & I Am Overly Critical About Myself So I Thought This Advice To Myself May Improve A Few
    Of These Overcritical Tendencies That I Have Towards Myself...

*The Required Amount Of Words For This Challenge Was 150 & I Have 179 Words Total...All Of My Words Are In Full Sentences But Some Are Separated To Make The Layout Design Work...

*For My Future Reflections Layout-I Used*

*Autumn-Collection-Dawn Inskip
    *It Was Worth it-Dawn Inskip
    *Welcome 2018 Storyteller-Bad Day Strips-Just Jaimee

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Dalis and Mylinn like this.
  9. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

10. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

here is mine:

[​IMG]

11. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

12. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

13. Farwen

Farwen Well-Known Member

I do not like journaling challenge, period.
    [​IMG]

14. Anny-Libelle

Anny-Libelle Show me the way to the Misty Mountains

[​IMG]

Journaling translated with google translator:

From 2018 I am writing you a letter today.
    How are you? If you've followed my advice from this letter, you'll say, I'm fine, happy and satisfied. That is what I wish for you (for us).
    Very important on the way there is the conscious joy of all the beautiful things that life holds for you. The little ones as well as the big ones.
    Rejoice about every single day you wake up healthy and all the people you care about in your life. Be grateful that your mom and your parents in-laws are still with you and let them feel it.
    The children are grown-up and go their own ways. Have faith that they find their own way that is right for them. You raised and shaped her and I already have a good feeling that she appreciates these values in her own life.
    Do not worry so much about everything in the future. Live here and now and let things run their course. Otherwise, you will only get restless and nervous and many things will be explained almost by themselves, without you having to worry about it in advance.
    Tell your loved ones once more than too little how much you love them and how rich your life is through them ..
    Live consciously every day and do things that make you happy. Just be happy listen to your heart. Be good to you.
    Greetings from your past self

15. gillscott

gillscott Waldo's just my alias

great pages here
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  16. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Explain that in your post so we know. You’ll be ok!

cinna likes this.
  17. kayjaydo

kayjaydo Keeping my feet firmly on the ground

[​IMG]

Journalling speaks for itself! Word count 210!

Dalis likes this.
  18. snappy2003

snappy2003 Active Member

Day 9 Advice to yourself. This was especially tough :(

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  19. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

HAH, well, since I will be turning 79 this year, I think I should write a letter to my past self!!!! I have been there----done that, so I will really have to dig to find something to tell my 90 year old future self!!!! But this will be FUN!!!!

Dalis and cinna like this.
  20. Lynncal

Lynncal Active Member