heathert

Creative (MOC6.9)

Creative (MOC6.9)
heathert, Jan 15, 2018
Description:
150+ words to your future self! Mine's about trying to balance creativity, deadlines, and family. Everything with the Makers Gonna Make collab, although the background paper is so central that it deserves to be singled out: it's by Little Butterfly Wings, and it's just perfect. Font: A Little Pot.

Okay, my future self - listen up! I have just had to step down from selling my designs because deadlines are destroying me in terms of having enough flexibility to take care of Allen. I do rather feel like a failure for not being The Perfect Mom - but I cannot deny that already I seem to be so less stressed out, and so much more approachable for our sweet boy. I am even finding more emotional availability for my husband - which is important!

I have been scrapping ferociously (- bonus), but I also sense that design itch already. So here is what I need to tell you - Whenever Allen starts to manage his world on a more even keel, definitely go back to work. But try and find something that is not so deadline-driven, and make sure that you never become quite as torn between maintaining work quality and upholding family needs.

PS: I hope you have ceased devouring all those sweets, too. Let's exercise some restraint here. Sheesh.
Dalis and Tangie Baxter like this.
    • bcgal00
      This is awesome!
      heathert likes this.
    • Dalis
      Sweet tooth friend you can do it, let it go and just start by maybe walking!
    • scrumptious
      This is a beautiful page and a great letter! I commiserate with you strongly on the crazy-making nature of design deadlines - one of my decisions for 2017 was "no more design projects with deadlines" (and I'm lucky to be at a store where I can do that) because it was killing me.
      heathert likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    heathert
    Date:
    Jan 15, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).