January 9: Advice To Your Future Self (Journaling challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by Dalis, Jan 6, 2018.

1. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

2. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

Had lot more than I thought!

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Bravo to all of you who broke out of your comfort zone and actually journaled! Whether it's light-hearted or serious, I know the struggles of journaling - I am NOT a journaler by nature, but I always end up enjoying my pages when I do! For those who have not yet completed the challenge, please remember this does not have to go deep down into your soul. It is not our intent to make anyone uncomfortable with what they share online. You can keep this funny or witty or even a little silly. We just want to see you put your thoughts down on a page!

4. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Advice to me in just under 5 months.

[​IMG]

Dalis and Sweeet like this.
  5. andersm

andersm You can check out anytime you like ...

[​IMG]

Word count is 187! :)

Dalis and Mylinn like this.
  6. Nana77

Nana77 Active Member

This was very personal page since I´m about to make huge change in my life.. I´m about to leave from my current work (since 2002) and start my own business..

There is 186 words in journal.

and here is "rough" translation (by Google translator :D):

"Hello... and greetings from past!
    I hope life have treated you well and you are happy and healthy. I remember when I was writing this that my life was about to turn a big way because I felt a need to change my life direction ... through really big changes that I was about to make. I hope that the solutions and decisions that I made have yielded fruit and you have remained as positive as you were always. Your strengths has always been seeing positive things even in big changes and also you have not been afraid to try new things. My hope is that you carry that in yourself through out the times. Things tend to be organized and I believe that even though this is how 2018 started to be insecure, things are 10 years later in a good career and hencefully praised the changes. Remember that your family and your loved ones are always the most important and if you feel that some things / people are taking the energy go boldly in the different direction. As you have certainly noticed - by doing things that you like and the materialistic happiness not have as much weight as you imagined. Take care of your own well-being, as it is still far ahead. Always support your children and keep your home door open to them - allowing them, however, to live their own lives by making their own decisions. Hope your relationship is in good shape and you have continued to invest in a relationship that I believe will continue to be profitable .. believe yourself, believe each other and I´m sure that you have common future in the binoculars."

[​IMG]

7. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

8. dancingJaye

dancingJaye Well-Known Member

Here is mine...thanks for the great challenge!

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  9. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

Most people seem to have went down the personal route but I'm not really comfortable sharing that kind of stuff. So I hope this is OK, I tried to keep it in with the theme of the challenge and write it to my future self rather than the usual way I would document my trip. If not OK please just let me know and I'll submit another page :)

[​IMG]

10. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

11. adejong

adejong Glutton for punishment

12. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i thought the hardest part would be writing the letter to my future self but it wasnt . the hardest part was doing the text layout and getting a font that fit it all cause i wrote a lot :) thanks for the challenge

[​IMG]

13. jetjez

jetjez Swim the deepest ocean

Pfew done!

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  14. ellenruberg@home.nl

ellenruberg@home.nl Well-Known Member

Day 9 - Advice to your future self

[​IMG]

Vertaling tekst volgens Google Translate;
    Message to myself .........
    Seven years ago I participated in a try-out of a waste program "The secret of slim people".
    I lost 23 kilos in 6 months. I remember how proud I was of myself and how I felt in my "new body". I also remember that I said to myself; I never want to exceed 90 kilos. Now, 7 years later, it is time again. The kilos slowly came back. Actually, I struggle with those kilos for more than three years. I decided to start the battle again on 2 January 2018. I’m going to loose 15 kilos befor summer, that's the goal!
    I know I can do it, I know that I can control my diet and if it does not work for a day how I can continue the next day. It is a matter of making choices and believing in yourself. On to a “Skinny Mind” and a healthy and leaner ME....

Credits; Dawn Inkskip - Curves BGpaper and elements, Sahlin Studio - Motivation WA, PRD- element New beginnings

Dalis likes this.
  15. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Woohoo! I made it! This was so hard!!! I did my journaling in English actually and if I counted right it´s 305 words.
    Here it is if you wanna read it:

Here are some things that I want to say to my future self - and in no particular order

Be in the present! Don´t wait for things to happen or to do those great things! Be with your family - tell them you love them and how much you appreciate them in you life. Cuddle the dogs - a lot! They won´t be with you forever. Do FUN things! Laundry can wait -so can cooking, cleaning and doing those boring laundry washes! Take time to do creative things. Paint those canvases and don´t be afraid to try new things. You are good enough! Sometimes your setting too high expectations on yourself - just do it! Get outside in t the air. Take that run in your own pace, walk the dogs, spend time in the garden. Watch all the films you wanna see and read more. Stop spending unneccesary time at the computer or with the phone. Make more love. Be up late and drink good wine. Don´t spend your money on stuff you don´t need - travel instead! Don´t be a hoarder! Do your family a favor and clean out stuff. You don´t wanna leave a mess behind. Enjoy that delicious cake or cookie without guilt, but do take care of you body. Take time to see friends for that coffee or whatever. Have good talks and listen to what people have to say. Don´t pay attention to bad talk or comments - they will pnly drain you of energy and put you down. Collect good moments and thoughts . Try to keep a weekly journal about things that happens and think that you wirte for your children (and hopefully grandchildren). But most of all - be proud of who YOU are and that you are strong, honest and kind. PS: You look amazing!

Thanks @Dalis for pushing my boundries! <3
    [​IMG]

16. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks for the fun challenge! I wrote out my journaling, made my page, then changed my journaling completely haha that's what it's all about! 183 words :)
    [​IMG]
    Your children are growing up quickly. Before you know it they will be on their own, raising their own families. Remember to show them you love them as much as you did when they were babies and you would snuggle them all day and night. Remember to see them as our loving Heavenly Father sees them. Remember to tell them good night and give them hugs and kisses. Remember to ask them how their day was and listen closely to the details. Do all these things with your husband, too. Remember to put away your phone and give your full attention to the ones who matter most. Remember to go to the temple together; it is a place of peace and pondering. Remember to study the scriptures together; they will help you with any trials you may face. Remember to meet together often for family home evening and other activities that will bring you closer together. Most of all, remember what matters most. You are a child of a loving Heavenly Father who knows you and wants you to reach your divine potential.

Dalis, Mylinn and Electra like this.
  17. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

18. Tangie Baxter

Tangie Baxter She will be our squishy + we will call her Tangie

Thank you for such an awesome challenge, I met it with resistance but excitement because I knew on the other side of it I would be so happy I finished it! And I am! You are awesome, thanks for all your hard work on MOC for each of us!

[​IMG]

19. Rosemarythyme

Rosemarythyme Well-Known Member

journaling is so difficult for me so I used a bucket list.

Jan9_MOC_advicetoself600.jpg

Dalis, Mylinn and Electra like this.
  20. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

So, I finally finished my page and just realized I wrote to my younger self and not my future self. :blush
    back to the drawing board!