January 9: Advice To Your Future Self (Journaling challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by Dalis, Jan 6, 2018.

1. cla

cla Well-Known Member

2. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Love the challenge Dalis!!!! journaluing didn't quiet come up as I wanted, so I may change a bit before deadline, but it kind of has the core of my thoughts :) Thanks for being one of those people I mention in general in it, you have been there in moments in which a feeling of not being so alone counts so much :)

[​IMG]

Dalis and MrsGaramer like this.
  3. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

Better late than never...

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  4. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

wow, every single one of these is simply stunning!!!!

5. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

Day 9: Advice to self
    For MOC 2018 Day 9: Advice to future self journaling challenge.
    [​IMG]
    Journaling:
    Never feel guilty for doing what makes your heart sing. You’ve said this to yourself many times over the years but you still seem to need reminding. It’s OK to play or listen to music. It’s OK to create. It’s OK to take time to learn a new skill. Practicing things you enjoy is not a waste of time, after all, practice makes proficient. All those chores: cleaning, washing, ironing … they’ll wait, they’ll still be there tomorrow. In fact, even if you do them today, they’ll be back tomorrow!It’s OK to get lost in a book. It’s OK to do your nails. It’s OK to knit or sew. The things that make you YOU are important. You don’t need permission. You don’t need approval. Time is fleeting, there is never enough of it so make sure you grab your share. It’s OK to take time for yourself. It’s OK to say no. It’s OK to just BE.
    Supplies used:
    Press Play 02 by Lynne-Marie
    Going to be Good Kit by Lynn Grieveson
    Sloane {Entire Bundle} by Rebecca McMeen

Dalis likes this.
  6. Mumma848

Mumma848 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Mylinn likes this.
  7. binty

binty Member

8. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

9. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

10. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

11. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

My journaling is on the page in the gallery if it's hard to read here. This was a great challenge!

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  12. scrappin2girls

scrappin2girls Well-Known Member

Journaling challenges are always super hard for me. :) got it done though
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  13. Kegger

Kegger Well-Known Member

14. lvancura

lvancura Well-Known Member

15. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

16. scrapmore

scrapmore Active Member

17. Lynne-Marie

Lynne-Marie there is beauty in everything

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    Dalis likes this.
  18. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

19. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

This was hard. Very, very hard. But I got it done.
    ----
    I'm supposed to write to my future self. Advice, that is. But it's not as easy as you may think. What I could say would only be things that I already know: Breathe. Don't take life too seriously. Remove yourself from toxic situations because life's just too short to deal with idiots the way I must when at work. Don't let the "what if's" get you down when you've lost the chance, because they'll only serve to knock you off track and stop living.
    I can only think of Mom. I loved her so much, but watching her age just tore me apart. The reason was because she just stopped living the life she always knew. Instead of going out and being proactive, she waited for it to come to her. The more she waited and things didn't go as she planned, the more she turned into herself and wanted to be in Heaven with Jesus. We kept on reminding her that God had a purpose for her life, and that it wasn't yet her time to be with Him. But it just didn't matter to her. It was so hard to watch this strong, vibrant, happy woman turn into someone we didn't know. The more we tried to bring her out, the more she withdrew, saying she just couldn't do it anymore, that we just didn't understand. And one day it happened. Her heart stopped beating and she slipped away to Heaven, quietly, in her sleep.
    As much as I loved Mom, I don't want to be like that. I don't want to stop living life, longing for another one. So I'd say to my future self to grab life by the horns, live with gusto, love Jesus and don't take yourself so seriously. Learn new things. Be adventurous. Never stop moving forward. And take time to breathe, to enjoy to the fullest the day that you are in, do not be afraid, and to continually seek God, for that is what he desires of us.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    Mylinn and Dalis like this.
  20. karen Barlow

karen Barlow Member

Challenge 9 - Advice to future self. This was an interesting challenge which I enjoyed.

[​IMG]

nb. I thought I had posted to this gallery, but there is no marker on challenges front page to show that I have posted here - which the others have. I am sorry if this is a duplicate - i tried to search and have looked through many pages, (checking out others layouts :-) ) to double check and cant find my layout so maybe not.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    Dalis and Mylinn like this.