January 11: On This Day (Journaling Challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by HeatherB, Jan 11, 2018.

1. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

Third MOC Journaling Challenge I have completed... third with EXACTLY 150 words.

[​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  2. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

[​IMG]
    Journaling is in the gallery description.

HeatherB likes this.
  3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Warning - this is a sad subject.
    On this day 16 years ago my son was born sleeping.
    [​IMG]

got2digiscrap and HeatherB like this.
  4. got2digiscrap

got2digiscrap Well-Known Member

Great challenge. Thank you for hosting.

[​IMG]

kit: Magic Moments Fab Five Collection by Bella Gypsy https://the-lilypad.com/store/Magic-Moments-Fab-Five-Collection.html
    template: Artsy Journal Templates 18 by Scrapping with Liz https://the-lilypad.com/store/Artsy-Journal-Templates-18.html

Journaling (188 words):

This day was a special day for us. You were in town because you were a pallbearer for your grandfather’s funeral. I invited you to join my friends from work on celebrating St. Patrick’s Day. It was a spark to us again. Little did we know that this was going to be a spark that was going to unite us for the rest of our lives. I remember when you got there and how happy you made me when you walked in and winked at me. I always love that wink that is the nod of approval and the reinforcement that you are happy with my actions. It is funny because even to this day you still give that wink of the good things that we do. I have even seen you give that wink to our baby girl and it makes me smile even more because I know it is the wink of love and acceptance. You are my lucky charm and I always keep our pictures on my phone to bring me luck when you are not around. I love you and thank God for you daily.

Link to Gallery: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/_2018moc11_onthisdayjournaling.336329/

HeatherB likes this.
  5. kolohigirl

kolohigirl Active Member

I hope you don't mind that its about a weekend and not just a one day. I wanted to put a good summary of the weekend together.

[​IMG]

6. scrapmore

scrapmore Active Member

7. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

I scrapped the day my son was born - word count is 357. Thanks for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  8. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

Word Count is 317
    [​IMG]

LynnG, weaselwatchr and HeatherB like this.
  9. Farwen

Farwen Well-Known Member

I changed my mind because looking at old 'real' (lol :D) photo I found this one and....!
    [​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  10. scraptraci

scraptraci June Cleaver

here is my layout describing how my husband and i first met. i think i better keep this page away from my 8th grader if i want to have any authority in high school :)

[​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  11. girlonmac(Lisa)

girlonmac(Lisa) Active Member

12. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

13. zippyoh

zippyoh Well-Known Member

Date is in journaling, and journaling is in gallery also. 178 words.

[​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Still 1 to go for me but this one's done after a few weeks of procrastinating.
    Journalling sent to Heather; 206 words , date is sideways
    [​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  15. DraeScraps

DraeScraps Active Member

[​IMG]
    Credits:
    Pause Kit
    Memory Pockets Monthly Add-On: Foundation
    Photoshop Tools:
    Stylin' # 214 Glittered Wood
    Stylin' #227 Frosted Glass
    Stylin' # 62 Shimmer
    Font:
    Lemon Milk
    Mom's Typewriter

Journal text:
    Tag:
    A lot of stuff happened on this day in history. It is also national milk day. If only I had some oreos.
    Date: lower right hand corner of left-most tag.
    background journaling:
    532 – Nika riots in Constantinople: A quarrel between supporters of different chariot teams, the Blues and the Greens, in the Hippodrome escalates into violence. 630 – Conquest of Mecca: The prophet Muhammad and his followers conquer the city, Quraysh surrender. 947 – Emperor Tai Zong of the Khitan-led Liao Dynasty invades the Later Jin, resulting in the destruction of the Later Jin. 1055 – Theodora is crowned empress of the Byzantine Empire. 1158 – Vladislaus II, Duke of Bohemia becomes king of Bohemia. 1569 – First recorded lottery in England. 1571 – Austrian nobility is granted freedom of religion. 1693 – A powerful earthquake destroys parts of Sicily and Malta. 1759 – In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the first American life insurance company is incorporated. 1779 – Ching-Thang Khomba is crowned King of Manipur. 1787 – William Herschel discovers Titania and Oberon, two moons of Uranus. 1805 – The Michigan Territory is created. 1861 – American Civil War : Alabama secedes from the United States. 1863 – American Civil War: Battle of Arkansas Post: General John McClernand and Admiral David Dixon Porter capture the Arkansas River for the Union. 1863 – American Civil War: CSS Alabama encounters and sinks the USS Hatteras off Galveston Lighthouse in Texas. 1879 – The Anglo-Zulu War begins. 1908 – Grand Canyon National Monument is created. 1912 – Immigrant textile workers in Lawrence, Massachusetts, go on strike when wages are reduced in response to a mandated shortening of the work week. 1917 – The Kingsland munitions factory explosion occurs as a result of sabotage. 1922 – First use of insulin to treat diabetes in a human patient. 1923 – Occupation of the Ruhr: Troops from France and Belgium occupy the Ruhr area to force Germany to make its World War I reparation payments. 1927 – Louis B. Mayer, head of film studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), announces the creation of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, at a banquet in Los Angeles, California. 1935 – Amelia Earhart becomes the first person to fly solo from Hawaii to California. 1942 – World War II: The Japanese capture Kuala Lumpur, the capital of the Federated Malay States. 1942 – World War II: The Japanese attack Tarakan in Borneo, Netherlands Indies (Battle of Tarakan) 1943 – The Republic of China agrees to the Sino-British New Equal Treaty and the Sino-American New Equal Treaty. 1943 – Italian-American anarchist Carlo Tresca is assassinated in New York City. 1946 – Enver Hoxha, Secretary General of the Communist Party of Albania, declares the People's Republic of Albania with himself as head of state. 1949 – The first "networked" television broadcasts took place as KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania goes on the air connecting the east coast and mid-west programming. 1957 – The African Convention is founded in Dakar, Senegal. 1961 – Throgs Neck Bridge over the East River, linking New York City's boroughs of The Bronx and Queens, opens to road traffic. 1962 – Cold War: While tied to its pier in Polyarny, the Soviet submarine B-37 is destroyed when fire breaks out in its torpedo compartment. 1962 – An avalanche on Huascarán in Peru causes around 4,000 deaths. 1964 – Surgeon General of the United States Dr. Luther Terry, M.D., publishes the landmark report Smoking and Health: Report of the Advisory Committee to the Surgeon General of the United States saying that smoking may be hazardous to health, sparking national and worldwide anti-smoking efforts. 1972 – East Pakistan renames itself Bangladesh. 1973 – Major League Baseball owners vote in approval of the American League adopting the designated hitter position. 1986 – The Gateway Bridge, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia is officially opened. 1994 – The Irish Government announces the end of a 15-year broadcasting ban on the IRA and its political arm Sinn Féin. 1996 – Space Shuttle program: STS-72 launches from the Kennedy Space Center marking the start of the 74th Space Shuttle mission and the 10th flight of Endeavour. 1996 - Ryutaro Hashimoto, leader of the Liberal Democratic Party, becomes Prime Minister of Japan. 1998 – Over 100 people are killed in the Sidi-Hamed massacre in Algeria. 2003 – Illinois Governor George Ryan commutes the death sentences of 167 prisoners on Illinois's death row based on the Jon Burge scandal. 2013 – One French soldier and 17 militants are killed in a failed attempt to free a French hostage in Bulo Marer, Somalia.

HeatherB likes this.
  16. annachris70

annachris70 Active Member

17. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

18. kristinkristin

kristinkristin CT - Paislee Press

19. violaine

violaine Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thanks for this challenge !!!!

HeatherB likes this.
  20. appellief

appellief Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    HeatherB and LynnG like this.