The Journey Kit and Alpha by Dawn Inskip
Hopelessly in Love {Mixed Media} by Little Butterfly Wings
Off We Go by Amber LaBau
I Heart You Kit by Mommyish
CU Flowers #47 by Mommyish
CU – Stylin’ #143 Glitter Sprinkles by Mommyish
X’s & O’s Bundle by Mommyish & Sabrina’s Creations

Journaling reads:
June 3, 2017 changed our lives. When he left that day to go work on the completion of his project in London, we thought he’d be home in about six weeks. Leading up to that day, we thought we had a couple of weeks before he left. Suddenly they said they needed him over there sooner and asked if he leave in a few days. We spent those days packing and preparing for six weeks apart and trying to spend as much time together as possible.

June 3rd came, it was such a hard day. We watched him take the suitcases out to be loaded when the driver pulled up. We hugged, we kissed, we hugged again. I didn’t want to let go. He gave big hugs to our two dogs. We watched him walk to the car and get in and drive away. We spent that evening waiting to hear from him. He made it to the airport. He was having some dinner before boarding. He was settling into his seat and turning off his phone. The next 10 hours took forever. The dogs sat in the office with me and I worked to keep my mind busy. We lit one of our favorite candles and browsed Facebook. There was a terrorist attack that day in London. I tried not to panic. He’s smart, things will be okay. We waited up until we heard from him that he landed and had made it safely. Even though we’d had a long separation in the past from his time in the military, it’d been ages since we’d been apart more than a week or and that was rare. I knew I could get by, but I didn’t know how I’d feel about it.

Six weeks quickly turned into 7 long months. He came home in December and let me know he had to go back for another year.
esahin, chastml and bbymks5 like this.
    • HeatherB
      Wow, 6 weeks turning into 7 months, that's a long time! And to have to have him go back for another year?! That's hard. Loved reading your journaling, you have a natural storytelling style that's easy to read! And love the design, with the map of UK stamped in the background. Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
      Kat likes this.
    • bbymks5
      Love your journaling! I love the globe stamp and all of the little hearts! Awesome layout!!
      Kat likes this.
    • Sokee
      Your journaling is so heart felt! So hard to be separated 7 months! Wow! Your whole design with the globe and the doodled hearts the plane. Love it all!
      Kat likes this.
    • keepscrappin
      oh Kat! I can feel the love and tears you've poured into this. It's simply amazing with the b&w and pops of red. My husband travels a lot for work too, but never for more than a couple of weeks at a time. You're a trooper for supporting him through it all. It would be so hard to have 6 weeks turn into 7 months. Plus hearing about the terrorist attacks while he's gone is so hard when you're waiting to hear if your loved ones are ok. BIG HUGS! :happyhug
      Kat likes this.
    • Kat likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Kat
    Date:
    Jan 30, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    209.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).