January 10 : 10 Photos that Relate

Discussion in 'MOC 10 Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Jan 10, 2022.

1. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Went with an obvious option - photos from Facebook of DD's trip to Chester last year.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  2. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

Thank you for the challenge.... I was a bit stumped wondering how to interpred 'photos that relate' concept... finally, I decided to go with relations and family - these photos tell the story of how we all learned to relate to one another and became a family against all odds and circumstances. They also loosely - and bizzarely - relate to our present circumstances - 15 years later we are in exact same position - moving to Jakarta for the second time with two teenagers - for the second time. lol... you couldn't make this up!!! There is more to the story in the gallery.

[​IMG][​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. turtlebug

turtlebug Well-Known Member

JANUARY 10TH : 10 PHOTOS THAT RELATE

[​IMG]

Photos from my childhood home. The large image is my Mama sitting on the front steps. The small images are the realtor images from when we listed it.

Rachel Jefferies -Music Messy

Pink Reptile- YOUNICORN

MrsPeel and wvsandy like this.
  4. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

@MrsPeel Cynthia - thank you so much for this challenge! I read it early and thought about it quite a bit. I knew what I wanted to do and then just took some time to locate my photos. This truly was a joy to create.
    I'm also so sorry to hear that you can't be scrapping right now! I hope things resolve for you soon as I love to see your pages gracing the gallery. A double thanks to you for hosting this challenge.
    Here's my page - all credits listed in the gallery as well as the relation explanation, per instructions.
    Best to you!

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

6. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

Thanks for the challenge
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel and wvsandy like this.
  7. kristinkristin

kristinkristin CT - Paislee Press

My photos are all taken in the same nature reserve, in all different seasons, all during the pandemic.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I've been looking for a reason to use all of these fabulous quotes!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    MrsPeel and RJMJ like this.
  9. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Thanks @MrsPeel for an interesting challenge! I have used photos of my great-granddaughter wearing different hats. I love these photos and I love this resulting LO.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  10. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

Fun challenge!

All 10 photos from our trip to California
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

1. I am SO SORRY that I missed the chat @MrsPeel :cry
    2. When I first read the title of the challenge I thought:"Whaaaat? Ten photos in a sequel?" :backingThen when I read your instructions I was sooo relieved! :dance
    I hope I got this one right - the details are in the gallery.... :fairydance

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

There Are Such beautiful Layouts Here For This Challenge...For Me Personally...This Was The Hardest Challenge I Think I've Ever Done...10 Photos!...I Almost Gave Up Before I Started...I Actually Went With An Idea That @MrsPeel AKA Cynthia Mentioned On How This Challenge Could Be Completed...It Was So Difficult To Get Done...I Had To Take 10 New Photos To Complete This Challenge...& I Had To Do 10 Extractions On Top Of All That...Just Trying To Get 10 Photos Was Tough!...& Then I Had To Figure Out How To Put 10 Photos On A Page & Make Them Look Good Composition-Wise & Then Trying To Get Them All To Match Somehow...I Ended Up Using A Template...Because I Didn't Have The Time To Create My Own As I Normally Would...All 10 Of These Photos In My Layout Were Taken On The Same Day...IE : January 10th : Of Random Things Found In Our Apartment...This Was A Real Test Of My Photo-Taking Abilities...So Many Didn't Turn Out At All...& I Had To Change My Ideas Frequently Just To Get The Layout Completed...It Took Me 2 Days Off & On To Complete This Layout...To Make The Photos All Look Cohesive...I Did Each Row By A Different Color Scheme...But Kept The Background Paper The Same Under Each Photo Extraction & Moved The Paper Around To Give Each Square A Unique Look Based On The Photo Itself!...To Get The Cohesiveness I Needed To Make This Layout Look Somehow Not Like The Nightmare It Started Out Being...A Layout Should Never Take Off & On...2 Days To Complete...But I Needed To Find A Way To Be Both Somewhat Happy! With The Result After All The Work I Put Into The Layout...Originally The Idea Was A Bit Of Fun Taking Random Pics Around Our Apartment...Ray Really Helped Me Out With Ideas For Each Unique Photo...But After That It Was Up To Me...I Really Tried To Keep It Simple But The Layout Called For So Much More...It Became A Bit Of A Look Into Our Personal Lives...Our Trinkets & Some Of Our Everyday Things That Are Just Always Around...So Either Way...The Layout Is Finally Finished... Eventhough It Took Way Too Long To Create...Ultimately Ray Loved The Layout Though!...Glad For That...

*As Per The Rules : My 10 Random Things Are All Photos Taken The Same Day Of Things In Our Apartment : That's How They All Relate To Each Other :

Photos Taken At Random Are :

#1 : Minion Tic Tacs : Yep! I Like Minions!...OMG!
    #2 : One Of My Star Trek : Next Generation Captain Picard Plates...[Now You All Know I'm A Next Generation Star Trek Captain Picard : Nerd...Oh Boy!...]
    #3 : My Bejewelled Owl Ring Holder : A Very Precious Gift From My Sister For Christmas 3 Years Ago
    #4. Ray's Smurf Chef That Resides On The Top Of Our Stove Where Ever We Move...I Used To Collect Smurfs Years Ago & This Describes My Ray Perfectly!...He's My Personal Chef!...LOL!...He Likes This!...It Makes Him Smile!...
    #5. Ray's Collectable Tim Horton Coffee : Christmas Tin From A Few Years Ago...Not Sure When But He Treasures It...
    #6. A Photo Of A Box Of Kleenex That Is A Permanent Fixture On My Desktop Next To My Computer
    #7. My White Out...Also On My Desktop Next To My Computer Monitor...All The Blues Went Nicely Together For My "BLUE" Row Of Pics...
    #8. A Photo Of The Joico Color Therapy Shampoo I Use To Wash My Hair...Getting A Photo Of That Was A Bi***...The Glare From The Bottle Kept Ruining The Photos...Had To Take So Many Before 1 Was Even Good To Use...
    #9. The New Heater That We Got Just A Couple Of Month's Ago...It Has Been A Lifesaver From All The Cold We Have Been Experiencing Here...It Was Minus 38 2 Days Ago & A Snow Storm Of 41 Centimeters Of Snow!...Whoa!...I Would Have Froze Without This Heater!...It's My Constant Companion!...
    #10. A Bag Of Red Lay's Chips!...It's Funny!...How Much We Love! These Chips!...I Swear Those Bright! Red Bags Call People's Names As They Walk Through The Grocery Store!...I Would Say That's Good Marketing Folks!...

*To Create My 10 Random Things Layout-I Had To Comb Through My Stash Just To Find The Right Items To Complete...& That Took A Lot Of Extra Time On Top Of Everything Else!...Counting The Template I Used...I Used A Total Of 10 Separate Kits/Bundles/Collections...OMG! I Just Realized That!...10 Kits Used For A 10 Photo Challenge!...LOL!...[FYI That Wasn't Planned...]...I Haven't Used This Many Kits In A Layout In A Long Time Now & Never Thought I Would Do Again...Here's The List Of Items I Used :

*TLP-Work,Rest,Play-Template #2-Fiddle-Dee Dee
    *TLP-Rest Collab-Paper/Every Last Minute-Bundle Add-On-M3 October 2021-I Love The Life We Have Together/Messy Marks-Date Stamps-2022-Rachel Jefferies
    *Wake Up Happy-M3-October 2021 & Daydreaming Again-Lynn Grieveson
    *Mixed Media Monthly-October 2021/Mixed Media Monthly-September 2021-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Mixed Media Monthly-January 2021-When Nobody Is Watching-Mixed Bits #2-Paula Kesselring

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    MrsPeel likes this.
  13. lorieh

lorieh Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge. I explained my 10 photos in the gallery. The elements that I added are: paint, stitches, tape, heart flair and flowers.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Really fun challenge. Thank you :beat
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  15. Anny-Libelle

Anny-Libelle Show me the way to the Misty Mountains

Thank you for this fun challenge Cynthia!
    This is my page:
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  16. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

my girl and her love of water
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  17. jnac916

jnac916 Active Member

[​IMG]

These are the cookies I make the most. I make a lot of them during Christmas time. I love baking. My family really likes that I bake too.

MrsPeel likes this.
  18. Bethie

Bethie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    These photos all relate as they are places we stayed during this trip

MrsPeel likes this.
  19. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

Thanks Cynthia for your challenge... I had to stop overthinking this one! :ballbounce As requested the basic details of the photos are in the gallery. My 10 embellies are: 1. the plane and word art, 2. the House transfer, 3. the camera transfer, 4. the red paint, 5. the museum stamp, 6. the filmstrip behind the title, 7. the lugggage, 8. the date ticket in the corner, 9. and 10. the 2 tickets stuffed under the photo in the center.
    DC-Trip-Pg1-&-2web.jpg

MrsPeel and aballen like this.
  20. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

Loved this, my photos are all of Hubby and I. 5 elements - 2 pieces of twine (arranged to look like 1 piece!), 1 notepaper edger, 1 paper strip and a heart dangle. Let me know if the notepaper piece and paper strip count, because I can easily update it.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.