January 10 : 10 Photos that Relate

Discussion in 'MOC 10 Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Jan 10, 2022.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

JANUARY 10TH : 10 PHOTOS THAT RELATE

Hello hello!!!! Welcome to day 10 of MOC10!!!
    Here is hoping, wishing with all my heart that you are all in good health (or as much as possible for some of us who have chronic conditions!) and excited for this new day of MOC!

Today's challenge is actually very simple : create a page which has 10 photos that relate and include an explanation of how they are related. Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 12.40.09.png
    The Rules:

1. Include 10 photos that relate

2. Tell me how these are related.
    Write the explanation in the page description in the gallery together with your credits
    (the list of designer's names and the kit’s name).

This can be a single OR a double pager.

4. Your page needs to have at least 5 elements - frames and alphas DO NOT count as elements in this challenge.
    If you are going for a double pager, your page/s should have a minimum of 10 elements.

You can use templates in this one!!!! templates are most welcome :)

You can add more items if you wish
    , title, word arts, anything you would like to add is fine, but make sure the requirements above are the most important part of the page.
    If you add journaling, please keep it brief.

I will leave the first post open where I will come back, if necessary, to answer questions you may have ~:)

Here is my page. Because I haven't got a program that I can scrap enjoying, I asked for help from sister Polly, the amazing Carol @Iowan. I gave her the photos, explained more or less what I wanted, the kit and alphas I wanted to use. We talked, she worked her wonderful magic, and here is what came up!!!!!!
    The thing that relates these photos all is that each one of these people, places and events was what brought the huge changes in my life which was my Path to Motherhood. I will explain further in the page description in the gallery :)

[​IMG]

TO make this even easier.... we are having a Slow Scrap/Chat today at 2pm EST. You will have 24 hours to make the page and it can be used for your MOC10 day 10 page!!! It would be great if you would like to join us! We can talk about products to use, get ideas from each other, ask questions and, I am sure, as always, we will have a laugh!!!! The page made for the slow scrap counts for this challenge. Furthermore, there will be coupons and the chance to win a $5 Gift Certificate for the store.

IF YOU WISH TO BE COUNTED FOR AN EXTRA $5 GIFT CERTIFICATE:
    Come to the chat and/or scrap a page with THE FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS I WILL GIVE DURING THE CHAT. Your page should be completed by tomorrow 2pm EST.
    If you aren't in the chat, but still want to scrap a page with a few more rules,
    You will find the extra rules after the chat , HERE in the forum.
    Your page needs to be completed by tomorrow 01/11 at 2pm EST.
    I will give a $5 Gift certificate to the most creative of the pages scrapped with the extra rules.

Please remember to follow The Lilypad Rules:
    Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.
    Your page must contain Lilypad product (pages with photos and font only do not count). If you use product from other stores, your pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

Inspiration from the Pollys:

Courtney @bestcee LOVE it that she took the "relate" literal!!!!!
    2021-10-of-us-copy.jpg

Danica
    SwL_TinyFrameTemplate-600.jpg

Sheri
    20220110_MOC_10RelatedPhotos.jpg

Stefanie
    10Relate-Web.jpg

and a double pager from Carol: Left side
    2091-&-2021-a-Trip-down-Memory-Lane-L.jpg

Right side
    2091-&-2021-a-Trip-down-Memory-Lane-R.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you in the chat and your pages!!!!!

If you ask a question and I don't reply fast, just please bear with me, I will be answering everyone. Hope you can make it to the chat!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    crazsquaw, G.J., CaroRen and 3 others like this.
  2. MrsPeel

this is reserved to answer questions!!!!!!

G.J. likes this.
  3. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

We not on staff, to see your links, do you have another log-n, to paste the links @MrsPeel

So i needs be about a city, landmarks and how you were involvd?

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@MrsPeel Are you trying to finish me off? I'm only joking.....but in all seriousness this will take some thinking to find 10 photos that have a story that relates.

zotova likes this.
  5. MrsPeel

Bear with me Cath , I was editing, because I had to attach every photo again when you move them from the other threads , you know I have health issues, please, as I said, bear with me.

NO, it doesn't need to be city, just 10 photos that have something in common.

Mine are how I got go be a Mum, my aunties who always encourage me to travel, I met my husband, my mum who finally started to support me, the. there is my wedding, my husband, the house that made it possible for us to meet.... is explained in my gallery.JUST 10 photos that have something in common.
    and tell me what they have in common.

you will get there :) I am sure!

Cath_ likes this.
  6. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Lots of photos, my kind of challenge
    My layout spans 30 years highlighting two trips to Las Vegas 30 years apart
    [​IMG]

CaroRen, AJK and MrsPeel like this.
  7. nemi

nemi Well-Known Member

Interesting Challenge, thank you!

I got a question @MrsPeel Can the 10 photos be of one event or do they have to be from different dates/occasions?

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. MrsPeel

Hi @nemi :)
    It is very very broad spectrum... providing that you have 10 photos and you explain us what is it that relate/link them....
    Now I would encourage you (ALL of you) to think a bit outside the box....
    I mean you could do 10 photos in which women are wearing dresses, or 10 fotos of someone over the years, that have something in common..... but int would be a lot more interesting if you find something that will standout....
    having said that,
    as I said in the beginning, the only requirements are that you have 10 photos, that those 10 photos have something in common and you explain us what it is.

If you look above, Courtney's page is taking the "relate" very literal, they her siblings, 10 of them, shown at different ages each, so you couldn't;t tell initially what is that the photos have in common...they are all siblings they are "related" :")

My page has an explanation in t6he gallery, every photo is of a person or a place that made a HUGE influence in a change of heart I had when I was 34.... up until then I didn't want to get married or have children....
    so, my aunties, different cities they talked about so much and encouraged me to travel, my mum who is a force of nature and kept telling me I would have them, even when I was determined not to, the house I met Andy ,...none of us were living there, then the picture off the beach when we decided that we did want children....

Sheri's page (again, above) maybe at first site you could think is about her son.... but what links the photos in her mind, is that she choose [hotos that all feature one of the Pantone colors....

Danica has photos of holidays over the years with her husband,

I didn't read Stefanie's yet, but you can do over the years, or over the months, or a period of time, it can even be one day, the point is the photos "relate" they have something in common.
    In my page, is that every one of tho0se people and places influence my decision to have children :)

So, up to you :)

Also you need to have at least 5 elements on your page, if you do a bondable pager, then it is 10, 5 elements peer single page :) Make sure you type the explanation of what is that your photos relate in the page description, I am in bad health and reading journaling on the actual page most of the time is not successful :)

G.J. and Nemla like this.
  9. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    Here is mine linked to the gallery for credits.

MrsPeel, CaroRen and threadjungle like this.
  11. Scrap by Irre

Scrap by Irre Well-Known Member

12. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

13. CaroRen

CaroRen Well-Known Member

Thank you for the awesome challenge :D
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel, bjc and threadjungle like this.
  14. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

great challenge, Cynthia

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, zotova and threadjungle like this.
  15. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

"see" you tonight in the chat,
    i need to find a school photo..... that might take all day LOL . Great challenge

MrsPeel likes this.
  16. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

So I can use a template ???

MrsPeel likes this.
  17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Here is mine Cynthia.. all my 10 photos are related (and all labeled) re all the different things we did and saw in Williamsburg in one day. Thanks for hosting!

[​IMG]

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

These are all pictures of my two boys and my sisters two boys at Christmas over the years (all the way back to 2007). :heartlub

[​IMG]

19. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Photos are all places & activities we've done with the kids when they were young.
    ------------------

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, bjc, G.J. and 3 others like this.
  20. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

GREAT CHALLENGE! EASY! I have just the photos for this. I wish I could be at the chat but we'll be on our way back to S.C.!!! Will post day 9 & 10 this evening at home. :cheer:funfun

MrsPeel likes this.