January 23 - Interview About The Past

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by bcgal00, Jan 23, 2021.

1. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Finally Here With My Finished Layout!...Wasn't Sure What I Was Gonna Do For Subject Matter For This Interview!...But My RAY! To The Rescue!...Our Favorite Place To Vacay! Is In St.Andrews,NB...Great! Idea!...We Talk About St.Andrews A Lot!...Weird! That It Didn't Occur To Me?...But Either Way...We Decided To Chat About The Very First Time We Went To St.Andrews!...We Have Spent Many A Summer There Since!...It Is Such A Beautiful! Calming! & Picturesque! Place!...So Here It Is!...Me & Ray Chatting About St.Andrews!...I Counted 273 Words...

*For My St.Andrews:1999 Layout-I Used-Mixed Media Monthly-August 2020-Add-On-Little Butterfly Wings

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  2. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for this challenge!! I went back and forth on what topic to choose, and ended up with especially wordy answers! Hubby says the text on the page is dense but I am glad to have the story saved for the scrapbook especially from the different perspectives of the three of us!!

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

bcgal00 likes this.
  3. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

4. threadjungle

threadjungle Well-Known Member

346 words This was a tough one. Glad it's done.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  5. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

This is from when our grandson was born still 1/25/13. I blurred it for privacy. i interviewed my other two daughters, not the daughter who lost her baby. and then also answered the questions for me. i made two pages . you can see the other one in the gallery . it is 419 words

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  6. CindyB

CindyB Proud to be a Hoofer!

Love, love, LOVE this challenge. I feel as the self designated "family historian" and keeper of photos and memories they tend to revolve around my memories. It was nice to get my sister's perspective and be able to record her recollection about my grandparents and growing up with them. Thank you @bcgal00 for the inspiration. I can't wait to share this with her.

Credits and journal [412 words] in the gallery.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  7. Event Horizon

Event Horizon Active Member

8. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

Just the answers - 359 words. I don't know if you can see the date, but it's June 30, 2014.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  9. Sharon-Dewi

Sharon-Dewi Well-Known Member

Thanks for this lovely challenge! It was a lot of fun to reminisce about a memory of 2006 together with my husband and to find out that we have different perceptions about it. Journaling can probably be read better in the layout credits. I used 406 words.

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  10. meagan43

meagan43 Um, did you know that you're wrong?

I have 372 words. I interviewed my husband, my mother, MIL and my 4 kids for this from the Halloween Party October 2012.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  11. rrred68

rrred68 Well-Known Member

I have been stressing about getting this layout done since I first read the challenge. I began and trashed 3 different layouts before settling on an event that appealed to me to scrap. I finally did it over my youngest son's first visit to the Day Out With Thomas tour.
    273 words.
    Jan 23 - Interview About the Past.jpg
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    bcgal00 likes this.
  12. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge! 478 words
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  13. Ursula

Ursula Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge which was a tough one for me.

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  14. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Here is my interview with the very talented @JenEm We teamed and talked about joining TLP in 2012. I truly enjoyed looking through her remarkable gallery and learning more about her. What an amazing community we have.

[​IMG]

bcgal00 and JenEm like this.
  15. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

[​IMG]

Journaling: (591)
    Jlynn: Eric, Do you remember back to when you asked me out? What made you want to ask me out? Was it my wit? My clever public speaking ability?

Eric: The interest in asking you out developed over time. Our paths would cross in the course of the different work responsibilities that each of had at the time. I enjoyed those interactions and started looking for ways to increase the frequency of them.

Jlynn: Were you nervous to ask me out? Why or why not?

Eric: I was a little nervous. I thought that you may have had some interest in me but didn't know how you viewed dating co-workers. There was also the chance that you were not interested, and a rejection may make things a little awkward.

Jlynn: Yeah, I supposed that might be awkward seeing each other every day if I would have rejected an invitation. I know you remember the date of our first date, since Asher was later born on it, but do you remember the year?

Eric: Our first date took place in 2001.

Jlynn: haha, I would have said 2002, but that’s when we got married. But you’re right! You win that one. Time muddles together. Do you remember who chose Famous Dave’s BBQ for our first date?

Eric: I don't. I remember Famous Dave's having a little buzz about it at the time. It could have been either of us, but if I had to guess I would say, me.

Jlynn: Knowing us now, I’m going to guess it was you, but if it was new to town and everyone was stalking about it, I would say I was an easy sell. Do you remember if we did anything after the dinner, or did we just go to dinner?

Eric: I only remember dinner. The circumstances, as you would tell it, would be that there was some question about if dinner was actually a data or not.

Jlynn: haha, yes, there was that. Well, it had been a bit confusing how you asked me out by bribing me to come to Toastmasters. I wasn’t quite sure if it was really a date or just an obligation still. So, moving on to our later dates, I know our second date was also a restaurant with plastic silverware. Do you recall which one it was?

Eric: I am drawing a blank on the second restaurant. I know that plastic silverware was a theme that kept popping up. I have a memory of a Cajan place that you wouldn't have thought would have had plastic silverware, but it did. Though I want to say that place might have been where we went to celebrate an anniversary.

Jlynn: Yeah, you’re right about the anniversary. I seem to remember being dressed up once to do that place. Maybe our first when we were at the B&B for the night. Do you remember the first restaurant we went out to that had actual silverware? Because I remember making a big deal about it and laughing.

Eric: I think I am failing this little quiz. I have a memory of commenting about it but I am struggling to remember the place.

Jlynn: There’s no failing. You always remember better than me. I couldn’t remember, so was hoping you might. Goldbergs seems to be a thought of mine, but I can’t recall. Anyway, Are you glad you asked?

Eric: I am glad. We have carved out a pretty good life. It isn't perfect but it is ours. Love you.

Jlynn: LU2

bcgal00 likes this.
  16. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

oh Rae...you really got me thinking about this challenge! I thought this would be the last page I'd finish for MOC!!
    but then I went looking my old emails, tryning to think about a subject and I decided to interview my sister...there's a translation on my gallery:

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  17. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

interviewed my son about our many road trips for hockey tournaments and the memories from them. Word count is 547.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  18. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

here's mine :

[​IMG]

the translation of the journaling is in the gallery

bcgal00 likes this.
  19. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Thank you, Rae, for hosting this challenge. I loved getting to interview the hugely talented @ArmyGrl Lisa and learning more about her. I put together a two page layout, and the total word count for both pages is 849. :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  20. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

277 words - a challenge - but I enjoyed the visits with my sisters about one of our fave subjects
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.