January 23 - Interview About The Past

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by bcgal00, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

Thank you for this Challenge; it gave me a reason to call my sister and have an enjoyable conversation.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the challenge, Rae.

[​IMG]

bcgal00 and SeattleSheri like this.
  3. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

4. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I chose a Disneyland memory from 2013 and interviewed my 2 grandkids (7 years seems like yesterday for me, but for them it is sooooo long ago) - 287 words
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

285 Words.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  6. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

This was difficult for me.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  7. AlyciaIN

AlyciaIN Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    bcgal00 likes this.
  8. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

I always have trouble fitting a lot of journaling on a page and having any room for embelishments! Great challenge! Thank you!
    487 Words
    [​IMG]
    Journaling in the gallery

bcgal00 likes this.
  9. BLKinOR

BLKinOR Well-Known Member

10. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

11. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

12. CaroB71

CaroB71 Why, yes, I DO know the answer!

This was a fun challenge. Hubby and I had a good laugh trying to remember events of 23 years ago :)

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  13. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Here's mine, thank you for prompting me to add another page to my childhood memories album.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  14. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

15. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@bcgal00 Haven't been able to wrap /get my head into this one yet. All journal-ed (words) out! My issue, not yours ,LOL!!

bcgal00 likes this.
  16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m still really stuck on this one.....I had an idea but as I’d be asking the questions to myself for the layout, it wouldn’t work.

AJK and bcgal00 like this.
  17. lorieh

lorieh Well-Known Member

This was a fun challenge. It was interesting to hear my daughters recollections so many years after our trip. Thanks for the challenge! Word Count: 508
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  18. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

19. jenmaddocks

jenmaddocks Well-Known Member

20. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Interview (496 words)
    What do you remember about our wedding day?

DH: I remember one day we woke up and just said it was time to do it. Enough with putting it off. It was an exciting day. We woke up and I felt like a little kid. You know how it is when we’re together. It was fun. It was perfect for me. When we walked around the courtyard to see the justice of the peace, it was like the clouds opened up and the sun beamed down on us. I felt like God was saying that this was absolutely the right thing. You were so pretty that day, just like everyday.

Me: Yeah, we had been talking about going to Gatlinburg and getting a small wedding package, but ultimately we didn’t really have the money to do it the way we wanted. So in May we just decided to go to the justice of the peace and let it be a day strictly for us. We figured that would be the only way to not hurt any feelings by having to chose who could or couldn’t attend. We chose your birthday and started making the plans. We had some counseling from the pastor and got the marriage license in advance. That day, felt like a whirlwind, yet also felt like it went in slow motion. We got dressed and met your aunt Jackie downtown at the records building. She’d promised not to tell anyone and she brought her video camera to document the day.

DH: I know it was exciting being in the records building signing the license and the marriage records. The city had marriage records going so far back and we signed our names in those books. We talked a lot to the clerk who signed our marriage certificate with a really pretty calligraphy, about those records.

Me: I know it was so beautiful. Then we went to the justice of the peace building and met with him. He walked us around to the courtyard and it surely was like the sun just started beaming so hard, right down on us. Saying our vows felt special. It felt right in my soul and I’m so glad I married you too.

Would you change anything about our wedding day?

DH: that we got the videotape. To celebrate with friends at a reception after. Other than that I don’t think there’d be anything to change. I’m glad I married you.

Me: I don’t think I’d change anything, except actually getting the videotape or at least taking a photo that day of us. It would be nice to actually have a memory in physical form from that day. A reception would have been nice too, but I know at that time, we didn’t have the money for that.

Me: As we enter our 17th year of marriage there’s one thing I know with certainty, marrying you was one of the best things I did. Love you my King.

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.