January 23 - Interview About The Past

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by bcgal00, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This was really cool! I definitely knew some of the things my Mom told me about this trip, but some was brand new and fun to hear about. It was cool capturing their trip in her words. Thanks for a fun challenge!

[​IMG]

lorieh, cestrada123, bcgal00 and 3 others like this.
  2. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Journaling challenges are the best! :D

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  4. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I interviewed my husband because my boys were playing a baseball video game and my daughter is at work. I think I would have rather interviewed my kids :)

[​IMG]

journaling {492 words}:
    What do you remember about our trip to the Outer Banks?
    Curtis:
    We ate at a really good seafood restaurant! It was an all you can eat buffet. We could walk to the beach from the house. The kids flew kites with Uncle Rick. The weather was nice. We saw lighthouses. We saw the Wright Brother's museum. We got duck donuts that were really good. It was the first time we had duck donuts. We went to an aquarium and we saw fish! We saw a fox eating a fish right outside our house. We went swimming in the ocean. We had to leave early because of a hurricane and then we were stuck in traffic. We drove a lot and walked a lot.

Lynn:
    It was really hot! The sun was out every day and we got up early enough every day to see the sunrise over the ocean. The first day, you and I got up a little before 5 am and walked on the beach by ourselves with no kids which was so nice. There was no one else on the beach. It was so cold in the house because of the air conditioner that someone kept turning down, that I had to wait for my camera lens to clear up because it was full of condensation from going from the cold to the hot, humid weather. I took so many pictures! We spent one morning at the Wright Brother's museum which was a lot of fun. We went to the aquarium where we saw an albino alligator that didn't even look real! We saw lots of jellyfish, sharks, stingrays, and crustaceans. We even got to touch some of them! We also went to the Roanoke Island Festival Park where we got to see what is was like for the early settlers and the Indians who lived there. We went on an old ship. It was really neat. We also spent as much time as we could at the beach. Austin was so afraid of the ocean at first, but as the week went on, he loved it so much he didn't want to leave. Because of the incoming hurricane, we weren't allowed to go out past our ankles because of the rip current for quite a few days, but we still went for walks every day before the sun came up and collected lots of shells.

What was your favorite thing about the OBX?
    Curtis:
    Being with my family.
    Lynn:
    We went in September, so there were only a few other people on the beach when we went and that was wonderful! It was just so peaceful and relaxing walking on the beach that I didn't want to leave! We went with Deb and Rick which was also nice to have other adults with.

Would you go there on vacation again?
    Curtis:
    Yes, because it was a good trip.
    Lynn:
    Yes, but maybe find a nicer house to stay in.

bcgal00 likes this.
  5. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

263 words in Français
    267 in English

[​IMG]

bcgal00 and Saar like this.
  6. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

342 words
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  7. tw1717

tw1717 Pretty in Pink

1-23-21 INTERVIEW ABOUT THE PAST
    I called my dad and interviewed him over the phone about his navy time..and then included some photos I have from when I made him a digital scrapbook about his time n the navy.
    286 words
    I used items out of Mommyish To the moon and back
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  8. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

9. Anny-Libelle

Anny-Libelle Show me the way to the Misty Mountains

Journaling challenges are really (!) challenges to me. :)

[​IMG]

Translation in the credits.
    Words in german: 396
    Words in english: 394

bcgal00 likes this.
  10. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

You have some wonderful stories here. I need to do more of these.

[​IMG]

Karen and bcgal00 like this.
  11. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

331 words...

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  12. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

This was so much fun! I know my interview is a little abstract, but I had this fun laundry photo that I didn't use for Farrah's challenge so I came up with a laundry interview for my mom. It was fun to learn about her childhood a little bit and how it influenced my own. 306 words:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    bcgal00 and threadjungle like this.
  13. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

14. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

Mine (with 293 words)
    [​IMG]

Journaling translated (machine translation) :
    Do you remember your first bag ?
    Yes I remember it perfectly! It was a little pink and purple bag with a cat on it. We bought it during the summer, during our vacations in Besançon. That day, we had visited the city with Martin and Justine. We had even made a tour of merry-go-round just after having bought my new backpack.
    Me: That's right, you're right, it was a beautiful day. We hung out in the city at the end of the afternoon to enjoy the city in summer and the terraces.
    And your first day at school, remember?
    Yes! I was in the class of master Jean-Eric, the school principal. He was nice.
    I had a little bit of the first day because I didn't know what school was going to be like and if I was going to make friends. But in fact it was too good! In the classroom there was a library corner, a dinette corner and a construction corner with Kaplas. I loved to build things with Kaplas.
    But I don't remember if I ate in the canteen.
    What I loved at school was painting! But I didn't want to take naps, it was too boring! I preferred to stay with the older kids in my class to do more interesting activities like writing letters and starting to learn how to read certain words. It was still more interesting than baby activities, don't you think mommy?
    Me: It's true that very quickly you stopped taking naps. You probably had a lot to discover.
    Did you like that first year of school?
    Yes! And I miss kindergarten sometimes. In the elementary school yard, there are no games, and we have homework, whereas in kindergarten we spend our days playing!

bcgal00 likes this.
  15. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I interviewed my husband! DH- dear husband, DW- dear wife (me) 293 words
    [​IMG]

bcgal00, cestrada123 and threadjungle like this.
  16. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

I am working (very slowly) on getting all of our paper albums/memorabilia into digital layouts to print books that are together. Our wedding photos were all done on paper - so have been scanned in - but I loved the thought of adding a remembrance page with those when I print. So this is an interview about our wedding day - and it amuses me the differences in length of answers from me and my husband (very much how we both talk, he is much more to the point and I am always wordy) and also how we have the favorite memories of that day (which I didn't know until today). Also this kit went perfectly with our wedding colors/flowers! Thanks for a great challenge. Word count: 354 words
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 and amien1 like this.
  17. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

This will be fun and interesting! For quite awhile now my kids and I have marveled at how different our memories are of things we shared... Some things will never be sorted out because the one person who could set us straight died almost 23 years ago taking his memories of our life with him...

bcgal00 likes this.
  18. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I made a 2 page spread and there is more of the story so I may do another. Over 1,000 words total.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  19. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

Toch ongelooflijk hoeveel de tijden veranderd zijn he!
    Love how you could make this look like a really old paper! Nice memories! 't Is is what I read in books... so far away from how life is now!

bcgal00 likes this.
  20. bumblebeee

bumblebeee Well-Known Member