MOC9-Day-23-Interview-About-the-Past
KAPOH, Jan 23, 2021
Description:
JOURNALING:
Childhood Memories
I can’t believe I found the old Williams family home
ON GOOGLE EARTH!
Marion St.
Interview with my twin sister about the old Williams family home.
How do you know this is a picture of the old Williams house: ME: I recognize the basic shape of the house and how it is situated on the street. Almost directly in line with the driveway on the far right is a road (Buckeye Ridge Rd, actually) that leads up a small hill and you can just see the graveyard that is on the right side of the road. I remember the wrap-around front porch, the old “wash house” toward the rear of the big house just off the driveway. But, the MAIN feature I remember is the downward slope of the property on the left in this picture.
SIS: Yeah, that downward slope is one of my strongest memories of the house. I remember running up and down that slope.
ME: Yeah, into sort of a “bowl” at the bottom. It was easier going down than up!!! (Laughter)
SIS: I remember that screened-in porch and that room to the left was called the “sun room.” It had pretty doors leading into it with crystal doorknobs. But I DON’T remember those pillars and the walkways going up to the house. Of course, we always entered the home on the side of the house next to the wash house.
ME: It lead into the kitchen. Do you remember the LAVA soap? It was this yukky gray color and had pumice or something in it because it was rough feeling.
SIS: But you sure felt like you were getting your hands clean! Wonder if they still make “Lava?*” This has GOT to be the old house. Let’s plan a road trip!
*From Wikipedia: Lava is a heavy-duty hand cleaner in soap bar form manufactured by the WD-40 Company. Unlike typical soap bars, Lava contains ground pumice, which gave the soap its name. The soap and pumice combination is intended to scour tar, engine grease, paint, dirt, grime, filth, and similar substances from the skin.
CREDITS: PHOTOS: from Google Earth; KIT: "Mansion Masquerade" - collab; FONT: OldNewspaperType [352 words]
    • StefanieS
      Isn't it wonderful that we can Google earth things now and then share ours and our loved ones perspective on that.
      Absolute treasure.
    • Pups_r_Paps
      Fabulous trip down memory lane...or, in this case, down Marion Street. I like the vintage look to the page.
    • bcgal00
      What an interesting page! How cool to find the house on Google Earth!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jan 23, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    133 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    495px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).