AlyciaIN

01_23 Interview About The Past

AlyciaIN, Jan 24, 2021
Description:

Created with The Committed Crafter's Agape kit
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Agape-Printable-Kit-Commercial-Handcrafters-License.html

Fonts: Egregio Script (Title) and Cookie (journaling)

Journaling text (388 words):
My maternal grandfather, Dolph Bland, was born 27 August 1897 and passed away 7 September 1990. In January 1981 he answered some questions for us about his very full life.

Question: Where did you grow up?

Grandpa: I grew up on a farm. My dad rented and farmed with horses. He plowed with two horses and could plow 1.5 acres a day. No one had much money in those days. I wore overalls for everyday and Sunday. I kept one pair good for Sunday.

Me: I remember Grandpa farming in Cumberland County, Illinois for a good part of his life. We were able to visit with them on the farm and enjoyed all the fresh vegetables, fruits and fish (from their pond). I wasn't as fond of the squirrels and rabbits they had for meals when Grandpa went hunting. (I'm a fan of white meat!)

Question: When did you learn about God and Jesus?

Grandpa: When I was fourteen, me and Dick and Oak (two of his brothers) were rabbit hunting and we came by a little old one room house. Nobody had lived in it for some time. I found part of a Bible, Book of St John and part of Acts. I took it home. We had no Bible and in them days did not have much to read. I read that part of the Bible over and over. I learned of Jesus and God and Holy Spirit. I believe God created Heaven & Earth and all things that were created and that Jesus was born of Virgin Mary. And that He gave his life for our sins. If we would trust Him and obey. The Holy Spirit is here with us today too, guide and bring to our remembrance the things Jesus said and done while He was here. He went back to his Father and left the Holy Spirit.

Me: I learned about God and Jesus from Sunday School and from my Grandpa & Grandma. It was very clear to me that they were Christians from the way they lived their lives and the way they treated other people. My first home was with them as my parents lived with them for the first year or so of my life. So I was around them a lot, even after we had our own home.
    • StefanieS
      It's beautiful that you have some good memories of your grandparents - that's such a treasure.
      Love that you got him to open and up and share with you and that you have now documented this so thoughtfully and beautifully.
      AlyciaIN likes this.
    • bcgal00
      How wonderful that you were able to document this info from your grandpa. Love your interview and the little photo of your grandparents!
      AlyciaIN likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    AlyciaIN
    Date:
    Jan 24, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    494.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    900px
    Height:
    900px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).