Pachimac

MOC21-Day23 Interview

MOC21-Day23 Interview
Pachimac, Jan 24, 2021
Description:
Credits:
Kristin Aargard "Jackpot"

584 words:
How did you react when you found out we were moving to Las Vegas?

Melissa: My reaction was not good. Our God-family was still living in California at the time and my Godsister Michelle was my only friend, and I knew no one in Las Vegas. I was very afraid and upset that I'd leave my Gramma, but also glad that I would be able to spend more time with my cousins, Aunt, and Gramma and Grampa on my Dad's side.

Susan: I felt hopeless and scared. I never wanted to leave California and leaving my Mom so soon after my Dad died just broke my heart. I knew we had to go though. Michael could not find a job, and we had lost the house we were living in. We would have been homeless had we not gone.

What do you like about living in Las Vegas?

Melissa: This is actually the place I grew up into the young woman I am now. I had my first romance here, my first social groups, and I will go to college, and I will learn how to drive here. I've had so many adventures here that living in California just doesn't compare anymore. I don't think I would ever want to go back.

Susan: I love the fact that we were able to get closer to Michael's family and have the opportunity to grow on my own. I had to be a grown up - there was no one to take up the slack. We bought our first home here, and I found a wonderful faith community and homeschool group. I met and have really good friends now.

What do You miss most about California?

Melissa: The only things that I miss about California are my Grandma and my Godfamily. I miss the times when we spent Sunday with my Grandparents; going to Mass, then out to eat. Since we moved here, my Gramma died, and my God Family moved, so there really isn't much motivation or reason to go back. My life is here now. My best memories are with my Godfamily and Grandparents, but they are gone now.

Susan: This is a hard one for me. I do miss the proximity to the beach and to the mountains. I miss my family, and I miss the friends and family that we left behind. I had never lived anywhere else, and I was not happy to move from the temperate climate of California to the crazy furnace-like heat of the desert. I miss our Cursillo community.

How do you feel about living in LAs Vegas now that you've lived here for nearly 6 years?

Melissa: Presently, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love Las Vegas with my whole heart and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I don't want to move away and I'm excited to start a family of my own someday. My closest friends and family live here, and I would never want to leave them.

Susan: I feel that moving to Las Vegas was the best thing to ever happen to our family. I am not exaggerating when I say that it saved our marriage, saved our family, and gave me the opportunity to grow into the woman God meant for me to be. I've learned how to be a better person, a better Christian, a better wife and mother, and I am grateful that God led us into the desert to save our souls. Thank you, God.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    Pachimac
    Date:
    Jan 24, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    286.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).