January 20: Storytelling

Discussion in 'MOC 2019 Challenges' started by jesskab, Jan 20, 2019.

1. lizziej

lizziej Active Member

Here's mine:
    Journaling: ****** got this offset smoker sometime in October of 2010, because these photos labeled “new smoker” were taken on October 17, 2010. I think the first thing he smoked were these two chickens. They were so delicious! Truth be told, anything he smokes in this smoker is just so delicious! I love smoked meats, but my favorite has to be the brisket, and we got this smoker mainly to smoke briskets. Dad taught him years ago how to cook a brisket on a grill, and using that knowledge and some research, he taught himself how to use the smoker. Fast forward to 2019, and this smoker has smoked briskets, ribs, chickens and, most recently, pork butts. Besides the heat from the smoking of meats, this smoker has been through all kinds of weather, from the coldest winter days with some snow to the hottest days in the summer. Back in June of 2018, it came through a terrible hail storm with baseball-sized hail with no damage! He talks about getting rid of this smoker and getting a bigger one, which is fine with me. If that happens, we will know that this smoker has served us well and helped provide us with some really fine cooked meats!
    [​IMG]

2. andersm

andersm You can check out anytime you like ...

3. Alexandra M Meffert

Alexandra M Meffert Well-Known Member

4. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

I can't believe I'm caught up! Thanks for hosting this challenge. I had the perfect pictures in mind and the story just flowed right out. Feeling accomplished!

[​IMG]

5. dbregant

dbregant Active Member

This one came easily to me! I could have written 3 or 4 layouts of items in my house that need to tell a story. Thanks so much for this great outlet!
    [​IMG]
    Journal says:
    Our family has a collection of small items that we hide around the house as a visual message to one another, it’s one of the little ways we stay connected and encouraging to one another. We use little foam disks or notecards. One year I made laminated playing cards from an extra deck of Skipbo cards (one of our family’s favorite games). The other side of the card has the acronym S.H.M.I.L.Y (See How Much I Love You) printed on it. Every time someone finds the small trinket, it is a message of love and consideration. I have found these items in my teapot, hidden in a lamp, in the freezer, on a picture frame or in the silverware drawer. It brings a smile and warmth to my heart when I think how someone took time to place the item for a family member to find it. It is an everlasting reminder that someone loves me. Once found, the object must be hidden in a different place for the next family member to find it.

6. tracymonica

tracymonica Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed this challenge :) 230 words
    [​IMG]

7. cestrada123

cestrada123 Well-Known Member

8. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I was dreading this....150 words of journaling!!! This is my biggest challenge so far since I am NOT a journaling type.

9. Smileark

Smileark Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    “Hmmm, let me think… how about the story of Baby Beth?
    “Your favorite doll! Yes, please!”
    Mommy, doesn’t remember this but Grandma use to tell me this story when I asked for a story. It goes something like this…
    When Mommy was almost 3 years old, I saw this magazine ad for a doll. I ripped the ad out and said, ‘this is my baby! I would like her for my birthday, please?’
    So three days after Mommy’s third birthday, Grandma drove her to the store to get her baby. But she wasn’t at the store. I looked up and down every aisle. Grandma thought for sure, I would fall in love with the first doll I liked… That didn’t happen!
    We went to the next store still no baby. We ended up going to a handful of stores. Several different sales associates tried to interest me in a different doll. But I didn’t budge. I wanted my baby!
    We finally went to Toys R Us. I walked up and down every aisle… and I finally found her! But she was too high for Grandma to reach. In fact, she was so high the sales associate had to ask for help. The gentleman that came over to help tried to get Momma to pick a different doll but I didn’t give up. I wanted her! So he climbed up or got a forklift (the story gets little blurry in the retelling here) and finally got my baby down for me! I was so happy! I just loved my Baby Beth! She did everything with me. I celebrated her birthday each year. In fact, she turned 40 years old last November!
    “That’s her in your craft room! May I hold her, please?”

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  10. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

11. nanascrapper

nanascrapper Well-Known Member

TLP MOC 2019 Day 20 Storytelling
    [​IMG]

12. ScrappyHappy82

ScrappyHappy82 I didn't know pet stores sold husbands!

*359 words, not including title or word art*

[​IMG]

13. LeeAndra

LeeAndra Step aside, Arwen!!

14. DenetteS

DenetteS Active Member

15. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

16. Karen

Karen Alarm off, brunch ON

I know you already saw my page since you used it as a sample, but I had come post mine here anyway so it would show that I had replied! :giggle Loved making this page and your challenge!!

[​IMG]

jesskab likes this.
  17. Becky

Becky Active Member

[​IMG]
    MOC 7
    January 20: Storytelling
    Credits:

Kit:Just Jaimee December 2018
    Template: Scrapping with Liz Template revisited 4

18. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

19. spcoggs

spcoggs Well-Known Member

20. bbachand

bbachand Well-Known Member

Thanks for pushing me to tell a story. The journalling is about 250 words.
    [​IMG]