January 20: Storytelling

Discussion in 'MOC 2019 Challenges' started by jesskab, Jan 20, 2019.

1. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Oh my goodness, we're already nearing the end of the 3rd week of MOC! How does time fly by so quickly? I know it can feel overwhelming at times. So today, we're going to have some fun with storytelling. I think all of us have an item that just begs to have its story told. Maybe it's a family heirloom that's been passed down through generations. Or an ugly old recliner that he loves & you hate? I want you to think of an inanimate object that speaks to you and tell us its story. It can be the true history of the item or you can make up a story about what you think the life of the object might be. Maybe the couch has complaints about the people that sit on it? Whether it's true or made up, your challenge is to tell us a story.

Your challenge today is to create a page telling the story of an inanimate object.

Here are the requirements

1. You must create a page with a story about an inanimate object. It cannot be a pet or living thing.
    2. You can include a picture of the object, or do a photoless page if you can't take a picture of it.
    3. Your story must be at least 150 words.
    4. Your journaling must be in complete sentences. Word art does not count toward your word count. You cannot use the same word over and over. You cannot use the same sentence over and over again. Journaling challenges are meant for telling stories; if your journaling is sensitive or personal, please message me or Julie (mrs2a50) directly to discuss.
    5. Your journaling should be legible and readable. If your page is not in English, we ask that you translate your journaling to English and post the translation in your gallery credits. If your journaling has been distressed or your font is too small to read, you should post your journaling in your gallery credits. Again, if your journaling is sensitive and/or personal, please message me or Julie directly to discuss.
    My page is about my friend Dizzy the Unicorn. 150 words, not including the fun facts!
    dizzy-2.jpg

Here are a some Polly pages for inspiration.
    2019-01-08 New Subaru small.jpg
    2019 Dave-with-Antique-Sign-.jpg
    20-moco7-what-the-what.jpg
    To recap the rules:

1. Tell a story about an inanimate object
    2. Your story must be at least 150 words, in sentence form.

In addition:
    Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish
    Pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    crazsquaw, KarenW, umyesh and 6 others like this.
  2. jesskab

Updates and clarifications to the guidelines will be posted here as needed :)

• 150 words minimum, in full sentences. Christa found a free word counter online. https://wordcounttools.com/
    • Story can be told from the item's, yours, or someone else's perspective.

3. Pachimac

Pachimac Shhhh! You're disturbing the books

Hmmm...I’m feeling some Family history coming on...

bestcee and jesskab like this.
  4. Eyeore

Eyeore Think it over, think it under

5. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

cfile and jesskab like this.
  6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I prefer bridges made of concrete

@jesskab Can I use a photo of me with the item on? Thinking of journaling about a fav pair of shoes and the only photo I have with them is when i’m wearing them (the photo is looking down at the shoes only so I’m not really in the shot so to speak, just my feet are)

7. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

PERFECT challenge! I knew instantly what I wanted to write about! Sorry about the photo. It's old, around 1960 and I snapped a photo of it with my cell phone. Meet "the rabbit" . Journaling is around 170 words, give or take, as I counted them by hand.

[​IMG]

JenniferJ, cfile, flowersgal and 2 others like this.
  8. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

WOW! why did my layout come out so HUGE this time??? I always save at 600. Ok, so I discovered what I did wrong. The correct size is in the gallery and I have tried to change this one twice now, but just not working. Sorry for the huge photo.

9. pitiscrap

pitiscrap Well-Known Member

I realy enjoyed to relate the story of my glass-blown Christmas balls. I went looking for my honeymoon notebook !

[​IMG]

jesskab and heathert like this.
  10. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i would say if Karen can be in the shot with her new car and Carol's Husband can hold their sign from the farm, that your feet, whether visible or not, should be fine!

jesskab and littlekiwi like this.
  12. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka CT - PRD

13. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Thankyou Jess for this challenge as it inspired me to record a memory I had not done yet from my childhood as I hope to put together an album of my childhood.

[​IMG]

Aerobigirl and jesskab like this.
  14. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

16. CarolynJoyce77

CarolynJoyce77 Having a tea party with the Aborigines

Great opportunity for me to do another page in my wedding album.

[​IMG]

staciahall and jesskab like this.
  17. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Oooh I have the perfect item for this! Just need some daylight to photograph it, lol.

18. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

Great challenge! I can't decide out of so many items I can think of! :) I love story telling, so the challenge is perfect for me. I don't do it enough! :)

19. jesskab

You can absolutely be in the photo! Have fun, I can't wait to see your page!

littlekiwi likes this.
  20. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

translation in the gallery credits
    [​IMG]

jesskab likes this.