January 20: Storytelling

January 20:  Storytelling
lizziej, Jan 20, 2019
Description:
January 20: Storytelling
Etc by Danyale: Southern Comfort kit
Sherwood Studio: In the Shadows Photoshop Drop Shadow Style Set
Font: Calisto MT
Journaling: ****** got this offset smoker sometime in October of 2010, because these photos labeled “new smoker” were taken on October 17, 2010. I think the first thing he smoked were these two chickens. They were so delicious! Truth be told, anything he smokes in this smoker is just so delicious! I love smoked meats, but my favorite has to be the brisket, and we got this smoker mainly to smoke briskets. Dad taught him years ago how to cook a brisket on a grill, and using that knowledge and some research, he taught himself how to use the smoker. Fast forward to 2019, and this smoker has smoked briskets, ribs, chickens and, most recently, pork butts. Besides the heat from the smoking of meats, this smoker has been through all kinds of weather, from the coldest winter days with some snow to the hottest days in the summer. Back in June of 2018, it came through a terrible hail storm with baseball-sized hail with no damage! He talks about getting rid of this smoker and getting a bigger one, which is fine with me. If that happens, we will know that this smoker has served us well and helped provide us with some really fine cooked meats!
muckeline and andersm like this.
    • jesskab
      Those are some tasty looking chickens! Boy, Danyale's kit works so well with that photo! Thank you so much for joining the storytelling challenge!
      lizziej likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    lizziej
    Date:
    Jan 20, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    217.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).