Alexandra M Meffert

MOC 7 January 20 Journaling

MOC 7 January 20 Journaling
Alexandra M Meffert, Jan 20, 2019
Description:
My journaling reads as follows:
"When I was a little girl, in Kindergarten, we had an art project using baby food jars and toy catalogs. We had to pick something we wanted for Christmas and make it into an ornament. I wanted nothing more than the rainbow zebra. I did not get it for Christmas that year. I stated to my family that the ornament would hang on the tree every year until I got my rainbow zebra. It survived moves around Florida, a move to Oklahoma, and then a move to Illinois as an adult. I moved in with my husband and for our first Christmas together in our home it hung proudly on our tree. The tradition continued. Then one Christmas, at his family’s house, I received a box. The box had holes cut into it. I was terrified to open it, thinking something alive would jump out at any moment. I slowly opened the box and inside was a paper, saying “I may not be new, I may be used and old but love me as your own.” and Inside was a hand carved, hand painted, rainbow zebra. I cried, this once silly tradition over a simple stuffed animal I wanted as a kindergartner turned into the most amazing meaningful, thoughtful gift I have ever gotten. My husband listened to my silly story and remembered it years later. That night when we got home, I took that ornament off our tree. It may have taken almost 2 decades, but I finally got my wish."

I used:
Etc by Danyale File It Away Set
Amy Wolff - Sleepy Hallow Kit
Sara Gleason - Love Story

• Tree City
      Aww, that is so sweet of him! And what a lovely page to show off your story and your joy over his gift! Such a cool multi-photo page that still focuses on the journaling.
    • EHStudios
      Honestly this brought happy tears to my eyes. That was so thoughtful!! This is beautifully scrapped too!
    • jesskab
      That is one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever seen in my life! I enjoyed this story so much & love all the Christmas photos! Thank you for joining the storytelling challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    Alexandra M Meffert
    Date:
    Jan 20, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    211.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).