January 11: Where I Live

Discussion in 'MOC 10 Challenges' started by jk703, Jan 11, 2022.

1. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

@jk703 thank you for this challenge. I really had to think about it for a while and when I read that location could be a state that really inspired me. Writing the story was important, as that led to my photos. I really enjoyed having to think about, look for photos, and look through my stash to put this together. So not that they shouldn't be, but this was did really challenge me!

Location items: geotag, this way arrow, go see do arrow, compass, get lost word art, Minnesota cutout

[​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  2. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

[​IMG]

172 words. My 5 items were: Map paper, compass, globe, arrow, and geo tags

jk703 likes this.
  3. Tamsin McAtee

Tamsin McAtee Member

1, arrow
    1,magnifying glass
    1,map marker
    1, map
    1 state shape

MOC- Day 11.jpg

4. kristinkristin

kristinkristin CT - Paislee Press

[​IMG]

Five items: Map paper, two arrows, geotag, globe, compass

jk703 likes this.
  5. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Awesome challenge, thank you so much for hosting, here's my take, full credits in gallery. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Five items: map markers, stamps, arrow, map, compass
    [​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  6. Scrap by Irre

Scrap by Irre Well-Known Member

jk703 likes this.
  7. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Locations Items 1) Map 2) Map pointer 3) Arrows 4) Compass Stamp 5) Flag

jk703 likes this.
  8. Dannisa

Dannisa Active Member

9. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

thank you for the challenge!! I thought it was going to be harder, to hunt for the "location" elements, but I loved my page!!
    [​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  10. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

I wrote 102 words about the place where I live and my location elements are:
    1. Arrow (2x)
    2. Chevrons (1x)
    3. Compass (1x)
    4. Geotag (1x)
    5. Map (1x)
    [​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

geotag, compass stamp, metro paint, a taste of the city life word strip, city skyline patterned paper

[​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  12. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

Here is mine - 121 words.

5 Items - Arrows, Map journal card, globe, 'one way' sign, 'You are here' sign

[​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  13. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

Thanks for this challenge! The 5 elements are 3 road signs, 1 arrow, a world map on the background paper.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    jk703 likes this.
  14. nemi

nemi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge! It wasn't a favourite at first, no great ideas were coming. But then I discovered this "Downtown" Kit by Pink Reptile and suddenly there was the spark and I started to like the layout and love it now. And I love it to find the spark in something, where I didn't see one in the first place and be surprised by the satisfying result in the end.
    The five items are: 1 map in the background, 3 different arrows and the "par ici"-hand
    106 words

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    jk703 likes this.
  15. Mumma848

Mumma848 Well-Known Member

@jk703 :)

16. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Fun challenge, thank you!

[​IMG]
    5 items:
    1. globe
    2. map marker
    3. compass
    4. Town name and logo
    5. Provincial outline map and shield

jk703 likes this.
  17. pearkat

pearkat Well-Known Member

I've had so much fun looking at where everyone is from. What a fun challenge! My 6 items are the geotag, the outline of Indiana, the map, the sign, the arrow, & the camera.
    [​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  18. Enid

Enid Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My elements: 1 heart, 2 compass and 3 maps

19. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I apologize. I didn’t get the first tag. I would love to know more about your caravan. Showing where you live, or your favorite, since you constantly move would be wonderful! Let me know if you have more questions.

Again, sorry I missed it.

Mumma848 likes this.
  20. ta_merkins

ta_merkins Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

location elements: map paper circle, map marker, compass stamp, arrow circle, road sign, map brad

journaling 431 words: I never wanted to move to Litchfield. As a kid growing up outside of Cedar Mills, Litchfield was always just there 12 miles away….but we worked and went to school in Hutchinson. Hutch was home…Hutch was familiar. As an adult, I enjoyed living in Hutch…it has Target and Aldi and the Dollar Tree plus Goodwill and Walgreens. It’s a good size (15000ish) and has educational choices for the kids. But when it came time to buy a house, we couldn’t find one in Hutch that met all of our needs, so we did look in LItchfield. We found a couple houses here that worked well for us and were in budget. So, we put an offer on one which was rejected….and then put an offer on another which was accepted. So, we moved to Litchfield. We have lived here a little over 2 years and while the town is still not my favorite, it does have some fabulous perks. One is our house. We have a nice big house where the boys have plenty of room and I have my own office/craft room. We have plenty of space for the doggos….and Cainan has a place to play and hide from us. There is a laundry room and lots of storage. There is the heated garage which means no more scraping windows or removing snow from the car! Seems like a small thing, but I tell you, I love it! We have a nice big yard that we can plant a garden in (although we haven’t yet) and we can sit on the deck to watch the birds play in the feeders or build a fire in the firepit in the evenings of fall or summer. Litchfield also has family. My parents still live outside of Cedar Mills, so they are about 12ish miles…but they come to Litchfield fairly often to run errands so we see them a bunch. Cainan’s parents live outside of Litchfield…so we can see them often and Cindy pops on over each week or every couple of weeks depending on what’s up. I do love when she comes on over and we can just chat for a bit! Zach and Hannah live a few blocks away and can come over or we can stop over there depending. And Sheila and MIke live in town too, so Gavin can go fishing with Cainan pretty much all summer long! So, yeah, Litchfield isn’t my favorite place…there’s not a lot here and the people are pretty much backwoods, but it’s got family and it’s got our home.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022