ta_merkins

Moc-22-day-11-life's-an-adventure

Moc-22-day-11-life's-an-adventure
ta_merkins, Jan 16, 2022
Description:
location elements: map paper circle, map marker, compass stamp, arrow circle, road sign, map brad

TLP Life's Adventure Part 2; Kristin Aagard Fishing Hole
physical products: banner, string, items from Paige Evans (compass stamp), Studio Calico (stamp), Elle Studio (alpha stamps)

journaling 431 words: I never wanted to move to Litchfield. As a kid growing up outside of Cedar Mills, Litchfield was always just there 12 miles away….but we worked and went to school in Hutchinson. Hutch was home…Hutch was familiar. As an adult, I enjoyed living in Hutch…it has Target and Aldi and the Dollar Tree plus Goodwill and Walgreens. It’s a good size (15000ish) and has educational choices for the kids. But when it came time to buy a house, we couldn’t find one in Hutch that met all of our needs, so we did look in LItchfield. We found a couple houses here that worked well for us and were in budget. So, we put an offer on one which was rejected….and then put an offer on another which was accepted. So, we moved to Litchfield. We have lived here a little over 2 years and while the town is still not my favorite, it does have some fabulous perks. One is our house. We have a nice big house where the boys have plenty of room and I have my own office/craft room. We have plenty of space for the doggos….and Cainan has a place to play and hide from us. There is a laundry room and lots of storage. There is the heated garage which means no more scraping windows or removing snow from the car! Seems like a small thing, but I tell you, I love it! We have a nice big yard that we can plant a garden in (although we haven’t yet) and we can sit on the deck to watch the birds play in the feeders or build a fire in the firepit in the evenings of fall or summer. Litchfield also has family. My parents still live outside of Cedar Mills, so they are about 12ish miles…but they come to Litchfield fairly often to run errands so we see them a bunch. Cainan’s parents live outside of Litchfield…so we can see them often and Cindy pops on over each week or every couple of weeks depending on what’s up. I do love when she comes on over and we can just chat for a bit! Zach and Hannah live a few blocks away and can come over or we can stop over there depending. And Sheila and MIke live in town too, so Gavin can go fishing with Cainan pretty much all summer long! So, yeah, Litchfield isn’t my favorite place…there’s not a lot here and the people are pretty much backwoods, but it’s got family and it’s got our home.
    • jk703
      I think family and home are great reasons to settle! I love the picture - is that in your area or backyard! It looks so calming! Love the hybrid and coloring you chose! The chevron was a nice touch to work with the journaling placement too! Thank you for sharing a little about your area!
    • ta_merkins
      @jk703 The lake is the hub of town....it's right as you come in, but lots of stuff happens at the lake! It's approx 5 min drive from our house so we can swim or fish :)
      jk703 likes this.
    • jk703
      @ta_merkins that sounds like my kind of area! Wishing you the best, Teri! So glad to see you scrapping!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    ta_merkins
    Date:
    Jan 16, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    87.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    467px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).