January 11: Where I Live

Discussion in 'MOC 10 Challenges' started by jk703, Jan 11, 2022.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

MOC 10: January 11 - Where I Live

Hi Everyone - welcome to MOC 10! Woo Hoo! Hoping you are enjoying yourself, a bit challenged and having fun scrapping!

Today's challenge is about you and where you live. When we meet someone new, we often like to learn about them - interests, favorites, dislikes, etc. So, I want you to share a piece of you with me. Reveal a story about where you live - what makes it special to you. Everyone has their own list of what makes where they live unique. It could be the weather, traditions in your town, the people, a restaurant, the great outdoors, etc. Here are some example questions to spark your creativity:
    • What excites you about where you live?
    • What is worth exploring by you?
    • What makes your town different?
    • What should your hometown be famous for?
    • What is your favorite thing about where you live?
    Tell me about where you live and bring it to life for me!

A layout from Courtney (@bestcee) - Five Items: Map Element, Map Marker, Compass, Street Sign, Map Paper.
    2022-Jan-Library-copy.jpg

A layout from Stefanie (@Eyeore) - Five Items - Compass, Map Marker, Globe, Visit Stamp, Map Paper.
    WhereILive-Web.jpg

A Layout from Carol (@Iowan) - Five Items - Map Paper, Compass, Map Marker, Globe, Arrow.
    2013-Seattle---Where-I-Live.jpg

For this challenge:
    1. Share a story that tells me about where you live. Please include at least 100 words in your journaling.
    2. Please include at least one photo - new or old.
    3. Add at least 5 location inspired items and list them when posting the layout - such as, but not limited to: maps, arrows, compasses, map markers, globes, etc. Please list them when posting the layout.

Please note:
    1. Your journaling should be in complete sentences to qualify as complete. Word art will not qualify toward your word count. You cannot use the same word over and over. You cannot use the same sentence over and over again. Journaling challenges are meant for telling stories; if your journaling is sensitive or personal, please message me or Julie (mrs2a50) directly to discuss.
    2. Your journaling should be legible and readable. If your page is not in English, we ask that you translate your journaling to English and post the translation in your gallery credits. If your journaling has been distressed or your font is too small to read, you should post your journaling in your gallery credits. Again, if your journaling is sensitive and/or personal, please message me or Julie directly to discuss.
    RULES:
    Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.
    Your page must contain Lilypad product (pages with photos and font only do not count). If you use product from other stores, your pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

G.J., crazsquaw, bestcee and 5 others like this.
  2. jk703

Yes. ETA: I could do NJ and make it about our beaches and mountains. General location and it would qualify. I could also do a specific beach or boardwalk that I like. Both would work.

Yes, though preference would be to actually have ones that are a little different. There are a huge amount of items that can be used as "inspired by location."

Yes, and Yes.

The layout should be about where you live. If you live in your childhood home, then that would work. I guess you live part time in a vacation home, but I'm looking to learn about where you currently live - where you reside now.

Sure, why you like living there would count. It does not have to be that specific about the city.

State is perfect! :)

I think that would work specifically for your location, so yes.

I’m ok with this as long as each bullet/item list is a sentence. Or multiple sentences. Hope that works for you!

Absolutely! How or why you are they would be a great story for your location!

I'm going to stick with the 100 words per 12x12. This stems from having it all one one page - the words and the location based items rather than spread out. Gotta fit it all!

Just my own clarification:
    I think many are making this harder than it is, lol!

Where I live has boardwalks, great views of NYC, great beaches, beautiful mountains, green hiking, tasty restaurants, fun festivals, favorite convert venues, unique adventures, and so much more.

So does where you live. :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Can it be a region or city rather than a specific suburb? I struggle to think of anything unique about my suburb or what it’s famous for and I’ve lived here on and off for over 20 years.

jk703 likes this.
  4. jk703

Yes.

ETA... I could do NJ and make it about our beaches and mountains. General location and it would qualify. I could also do a specific beach or boardwalk that I like. Both would work.

littlekiwi likes this.
  5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Can the 5 location items be duplicates, 2 arrows for instance?

6. jk703

Yes, though preference would be to actually have ones that are a little different. There are a huge amount of items that can be used as "inspired by location."

7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

5 items - grey pointer, fabric globe, map stamps, wa Look & wa Discover
    107 words

[​IMG]

jk703, Dalis and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    Image added here with links for credit. Five Items - Compass, Map Marker, Globe, Visit Stamp, Map Paper.

jk703 likes this.
  9. Mama Shades

Mama Shades Well-Known Member

My favorite place in my state is LBI! Dreaming of being on the beach again!

jk703 likes this.
  10. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

I had 137 words. used 1. compass stamp, 2. geotag stamp, 3. arrow, 4 geotag, 5 cork arrow
    [​IMG]

katell and jk703 like this.
  11. Marif

Marif Well-Known Member

Great challenge, I love the idea
    Questions:
    - is the use of a template allowed?
    - if the template includes things like a globe, a country shape etc, would they count towards the 5 items?

12. jk703

I feel like I knew you were in NJ, but I'm still surprised, lol! I'm always in Lavallette - its where my parents live. :)

13. jk703

Yes, and Yes. :)

14. DopeyGal

DopeyGal I don't like deserted islands!

Does it literally have to be where we currently live or can it be about our childhood home or 2nd home ie vacation home destination?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  15. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

Can the story be about why I like to live here or does it have to be about the city itself? (One of the fastest growing, but most boring, cities in America.)

16. jk703

The layout should be about where you live. If you live in your childhood home, then that would work. I guess you live part time in a vacation home, but I'm looking to learn about where you currently live - where you reside now.

17. jk703

Sure, why you like living there would count. It does not have to be that specific about the city.

18. jk703

I think many are making this harder than it is, lol!

Where I live has boardwalks, great views of NYC, great beaches, beautiful mountains, green hiking, tasty restaurants, fun festivals, favorite convert venues, unique adventures, and so much more.

So does where you live. :)

19. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

167 words. 5 elements - geo tag, globe flair, go see do flair, arrow chipboard, car chipboard.

[​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  20. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Thank you for the challenge.
    5 items: map stamp, tickets, compass, arrow and passer - 169 words

[​IMG]

cfile and jk703 like this.