January 29: Just the Highlights

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by jesskab, Jan 29, 2021.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

@jesskab
    Jess, I know this isn;t what you had in mind, I will fix it make it readable and the words to stand out properly, had a really bad day., but will fix it.
    Huggzzzz
    [​IMG]

wvsandy likes this.
  2. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

3. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

4. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

here's mine.
    [​IMG]

jesskab likes this.
  5. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Here's mine. 258 words. Highlighted words are: Daughter, Scared, Heart Locket, FEAR, You've Got This, Trying, Anxiety, Puppy Love, Baby.

Journaling:
    It completely breaks my heart when our daughter is scared or in pain. This instance, is different, however, and I don't know how to fix this one. Suddenly, our normally sweet, even tempered, loving daughter has become so anxious she can barely function. She has been having full blown panic/anxiety attacks for the past week: hard to breathe, heaviness in the chest and limbs, crying, shaking, joint pain, dizzy, racing heart and racing thoughts that seem to put her in another world. She cries in fear, and I can't help. I try to help her to calm down and do breathing exercises and try to get her mind on the more positive things, but it doesn't help. I tell her "You've Got This!!" but still nothing. None of us have slept more than a few minutes at a time for three days straight now. To top it off, this morning I had to take her in to the Dentist because she had a sore/cyst something on her gum. It turned out to be an infected abcessed baby tooth, and she had to have it pulled this morning. She's been trying so hard, but the anxiety is getting the best of her. I sat with her, we tried puppies tried their therapy, and I rubbed her hair until my arm hurt, but she's asleep now. We have medical appointments set up and we will figure this out, but right now we are worn thin. Sleep Baby Girl, we are on the case and we'll figure this out!

[​IMG]

jesskab and wvsandy like this.
  6. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

150-175 words and 6 highlighted
    [​IMG]

jesskab likes this.
  7. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

193 words, 9 highlighted
    [​IMG]

crazycat1126 likes this.
  8. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

9. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

jesskab and SeattleSheri like this.
  10. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

There are 166 words in my journaling:
    [​IMG]

SeattleSheri likes this.
  11. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I wrote this from my dog's POV hope that's OK. 362 words, 9 highlighted
    [​IMG]

jesskab likes this.
  12. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

156 words
    [​IMG]

jesskab likes this.
  13. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

That was a tough one! Using the text box in GIMP is always finicky! Thanks for hosting!

[​IMG]

Journaling (316 words):
    We decided after everything going on, we needed a beach day! We got up before dawn, packed up the cooler with lots of drinks, sandwiches, and fruit. We filled our trusty beach bag with sunblock & towels. We loaded up the beach chairs, boogie boards, and beach blanket. With the truck all loaded and the directions loaded into the GPS, we were on our way! It was a nice two and a half-hour drive. The kids slept for a little bit. Traffic was a bit heavier than we expected. Once we finally got to the 'Cape Henlopen' sign, we were all relieved to get out of the car and run to the bathroom! It was only around 8 am. We changed into our swimsuits at the bathhouse and then we each loaded up with beach gear, and we were off to the beach! We could hear the surf and smell the ocean before we could see it. I love that feeling! The sand was already hot and it took a little while to find a nice, flat spot to plop our stuff. We all put on sunblock and then the kids ran into the ocean! I sat down on my beach chair and just relaxed, enjoying the sounds of the surf and the briny ocean smell. The seagulls were calling and the sand was warm on my feet. After playing in the waves for a bit, the boys were ready to dig a giant hole and bury each other! I forgot my book, but just listening to the sound of the ocean and watching the kids was enough to keep me content. Of course, I took lots of pictures! Around 2 pm we all had enough of the sun and decided to go change out of our swimsuits and swim trunks and go exploring the trails at the cape. I'll keep that story for another day!

jesskab likes this.
  14. AlyciaIN

AlyciaIN Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    jesskab, BevG and SeattleSheri like this.
  15. DopeyGal

DopeyGal I don't like deserted islands!

16. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

17. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

So, the highlights look so much brighter on my computer! Please believe me, they are there, but let me know if I have to fix anything. Thanks for the great challenge! 195 words.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  18. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Such great pages here! Kuddos to you who enjoy the journaling aspect- your pages are wonderful!

19. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

200 words:

Most everyone in our corporate office had been working from home daily since March. March 15th to be exact. 3 months had passed and numerous news reports of varying degrees of info on the COVID-19 virus were being fed to the world daily. Even still, Michigan was doing better as a state and the governor lifted some of our restrictions, this meant our CEO put out the call to supervisors to bring us back into the office. I was nervous and a bit anxious. With daddy being immune-compromised I knew this was a big step. It meant I had to be extra careful while around everyone at work. Our CEO had a morning meeting on our return to ensure us that they were taking all the precautions to keep us safe, and that we should feel safe while here. However, even with rules and guidelines I could tell many of my coworkers weren’t taking the virus serious. I saw many people getting together in close quarters without masks. This only heightened my nervousness. I was unsettled that first day back and had feelings it would only be a matter of time before our state would be under restrictions again.

[​IMG]

jesskab likes this.
  20. rdutch

rdutch Well-Known Member