January 11: Where I Live

Discussion in 'MOC 10 Challenges' started by jk703, Jan 11, 2022.

1. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

101 words
    1. maps
    2. arrow
    3. globe brad
    4. geotag
    5. map brad
    [​IMG]

jk703 and Pachimac like this.
  2. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

103 words (journaling is in credits for ease of reading)
    5 location items: passport stamp, map banner, map marker, globe, camera charm

[​IMG]

3. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

I've already created a page about my adorable NJ town, so this time, I decided to write about NJ. I've only lived here four years, so I haven't been everywhere, but the photos are all mine.
    The journaling has 150ish words. The five (six) travel items: NJ shape, compass, ticket, map flair, explore flair, and geo locator.

[​IMG]

Pachimac likes this.
  4. FL-Karen

FL-Karen Well-Known Member

This was difficult for me to decide on. I was thinking state parks where I want to visit, then changed to the best aquariums that Florida has.... and on and on, lol. Instead, I decided on all the attributes that I LOVE about Florida. It ended up looking like a tourist attraction highlights, ROFL.
    I went statewide as I live in a very, very small community - not even on the map, LOL. And, the county only has one attraction other than the only mountain in the area... aka landfill, ROFL.

Thank you for the challenge!!

[​IMG]

Pachimac likes this.
  5. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

Translation with google is in the credits. 197 words, 186 in german.

2 x Geotag
    1 Arrow
    1 Globe
    1 House

[​IMG]

Pachimac likes this.
  6. zotova

zotova Well-Known Member

Items on the topic: maps - paper and stamp, ticket, arrows (2 types), ship, rose of winds.
    Journaling:
    I live in Zaporozhye. It is a big city in the south-east of my country Ukraine. The uniqueness of my city is that within the city limits there is an island called Khortitsa. It is the largest island on the Dnieper River: the length of the island is 12,5 km, and the width is 2,5 km on average.
    Khortitsa is a national historical and cultural reserve. In 2007 Khortitsa was named one of the "Seven Wonders of Ukraine".
    What is the uniqueness of our Khortitsa?
    1/ On the island grow unique steppe grasses and wildflowers. Many of these plants are listed in the Red Book of Ukraine and they grow only on Khortitsa.
    2/ In the forested part in the south of the island there are over 30 species of animals, 120 species of birds, ten species of reptiles and amphibians.
    3/ Khortitsa is called the cradle of the Cossacks. On the island and its surrounding lands in the 16-18th centuries there was a Zaporizhian Sich (as the Cossacks called the community). They were warriors and lived independently from any other countries.
    4/ Khortitsa has a special energy. Therefore it is a favorite vacation spot of the locals.
    If any of you, friends, come to Ukraine, be sure to visit the island of Khortitsa. I invite you to visit and I am sure you will be pleased!

HeatherB likes this.
  7. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

132 words
    6 location items: We Are Here card, globe circle bit, location tag circle bit, home tab, arrow papers, map paper (overlay on background paper)
    [​IMG]

8. Ruthe14

Ruthe14 Branch Manager of my family

222 Words: I used 3 different arrows, 1 globe, 1 geo marker and 1 geo card sign
    [​IMG]

9. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

Great challenge!
    travel items: geotag, go circle, you are here strip, arrow button, arrows stamp, love this city, wander
    [​IMG]

Pachimac likes this.
  10. Marif

Marif Well-Known Member

This was supposed to be easy, then it got more intricate than I was planning, and then I forgot about the 100 words requirement.... But here it is, and I love it as much as I love Ottawa
    I used: 2 maps of provinces, a compass and 2 compass roses, a map filled tag, a globe and 2 flairs with globes on it, and 7 arrows (2 of which I just learned through this thread are actually geotags...).
    Journaling reads:
    I LOVE Ottawa! In a life where I am from nowhere, I choose Ottawa! It is the perfect size and level of excitement and activity: not too big and busy, but not too small and boring!
    It has great restaurants, a wide variety of fun events popping up throughout the year, and many cultural activities to choose from, and yet it feels quiet and comfortable.
    And for me, above all, it always looks and feels pleasant and beautiful with the dancing willows, the breathtaking late summer sunsets, the fall colours of the fiery maples and other trees and all the cute critters and pretty birds, especially the cardinals!

[​IMG]

Done with Magic Moments: Exploring Canada Whatnots, Magic Moments: Exploring Canada Whimsies, Magic Moments: Exploring Canada Itty Bits, Magic Moments: Exploring Canada Papers, Take A Hike Collection by Bella Gypsy Designs and map shapes from the O Canada templates by Scrapping With Liz.

11. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

[​IMG]

Journaling reads (104 words): When we first thought about moving to Arizona, the desert seemed a little unsettling to me -- so much open land with no shade and no water. After living here for 20 years and taking countless desert hikes, I know that the desert is one of the best things about living in Scottsdale. I love the changing light on the mountains throughout the day, the beautiful colors as the desert blooms into life in the Spring and the stately Saguaro cactuses that are home to so many desert birds. And nothing beats the majesty of a desert monsoon storm like the one in this photo.

Location items are 1) arrows, 2) word map, 3) geotag, 4) Let's go WA, 5) scenic area sticker, 6) Mountain sticker, 7) adventure awares WA

Little Butterfly Wings - Butterfly Basics, The Travel Edition
    Designed By Soco - Carefree Minikit
    Blagovesta Gosheva - Destinations

12. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Location Items: California state, California stamp, Sticker, Wordart, globe, map,
    [​IMG]

13. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

144 words | California map outline, globe, pin, compass and geo pin, map paint transfer
    [​IMG]

14. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

@jk703 If I do a double layout, can each side have 50(ish) wordcount to equal 100 (ish)? Or do I need 100 on each? Does that make sense... lol

15. lorieh

lorieh Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge! My location inspired items are: 2 different styles of arrows, road washi tape, geotag, & compass rose.
    [​IMG]

16. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm going to stick with the 100 words per 12x12. This stems from having it all one one page - the words and the location based items rather than spread out. Gotta fit it all!

amien1 likes this.
  17. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I added a globe, image of the state, two map stamps, city marker and a pin. Full journaling is in gallery. Now to go read everyone else's pages.
    [​IMG]

18. hairica

hairica Active Member

19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Jenn, my lovely, hope I m not giving you extra work and headaches... please ignore the dogdy shadows, the wobbly pieces, this program is killing me...
    elements :

1.light blue and white globe- 2. light blue and white airplane tag,
    3.metal airplane 4. metal binoculars 5. "Go" red word art circle
    + the cameras, yellow arrow sign, line of wooden cars (I changed the colour)
    Journaling transcribed in the gallery, let me know if you want me to change anything, LOVE YOU!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

20. PaperWings

PaperWings Well-Known Member

6 items (Globe, Luggage tag, map, Map marker, Compass, World charm.
    274 Words
    [​IMG]