January 10 - Photos + Words

Discussion in 'MOC 11 Challenges' started by lcpereyra, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Laura ODonnell

Laura ODonnell Well-Known Member

This page chronicles my history with prescription glasses, then contacts, then readers, then surprise my vision started improving to the point that I now don't wear my contacts or readers at all and only the prescription glasses to drive. The eye doctor told me this sometimes happens with age. An upside of aging!

[​IMG]

LynnG and ninigoesdigi like this.
  2. Jess Claire Creates

Jess Claire Creates Well-Known Member

I found this one tricky. I always do, trying to fit lots of writing into the design of a page is my nemesis. This is my fifth attempt at finding a layout with these photos and this story.

[​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  3. mkcdaisy

mkcdaisy Active Member

4. Anny-Libelle

Anny-Libelle Show me the way to the Misty Mountains

[​IMG]

Journaling (English isn't my native language, I used a translator additional, so please forgive the mistakes if you find any):

As I scrolled through my images, I lingered longer on these photos. They were created in June 2021. The lockdown in the second year of Corona had just ended, the hotels were allowed to offer their rooms again and we were able to travel again. After months of isolation, finally a bit of normality again. We had booked a holiday home on the Baltic Sea and the hosts were also happy that they were allowed to receive guests again.
    We had our grandson with us for the first time and little Jamie was also separated from his parents for 10 days for the first time. We had no concerns that he would be homesick, as he had often spent the weekends alone with us.
    Spending the holiday with a child again was a completely different holiday feeling, because it was many years ago when our children were so small and were on holiday with us. Small children perceive their surroundings in a completely different way. They see the most inconspicuous things, are interested in everything that has to do with them, ask questions and then scrutinize the answers given. Who doesn't know ... The question "why..." :)

Even the way to the beach was an adventure and it was our daily ritual to be the first to see the Baltic Sea behind the pine forests. This immediate and genuine joy, the ability to see the wonder in the little things, is something adults have sadly lacked to this extent.
    So it's not just that we teach the kids something, it's just that WE can learn just as much from them. If we listen. If we look. When we engage with their view of the world.
    What can I say, this holiday was just unique, amazing and beautiful for us. We incredibly enjoyed every second. We should look much more often through the eyes of a child, how much more of the world could we discover...

LynnG likes this.
  5. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Oddly enough, the journaling was the easy part.

[​IMG]

LynnG and angels like this.
  6. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

7. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

8. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

@lcpereyra Lori - I wasn't sure where this one was going; however, thank you for this challenge as it let me get some thought organized that I've been struggling with.

[​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  9. scrapchyck

scrapchyck Well-Known Member

10. pearkat

pearkat Well-Known Member

I love the chance to tell a story. To me, that's the reason for scrapbooking! It's always extra fun when it's a fun story.
    [​IMG]

11. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for this challenge! It took me a long time to decide on but it's a great page for our book!

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

LynnG likes this.
  12. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

Here is mine - about our decision to move 9 houses over

[​IMG]

LynnG and Claire Grantham like this.
  13. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

[​IMG]

This guy has been a loyal, loving friend for 12 years now.
    He was born at the breeding stud where I worked without his right back foot. We believe his Dam accidentally chewed it off when she chewed him out of his birth sack but as we didn't go near new litters for two weeks after they were born we didn't know. At 2 weeks old he was too young to be taken away from his mother so we kept him with her. We cleaned his foot regularly and sprayed it with citrogen. We weaned him at 4 weeks and had him assessed by the vet. He did not have an infection however his wound was cleaned and covered. We had to use gaffa tape over the bandage so he couldn't chew it off. 4 weeks is early. We normally wouldn't wean before 8 weeks but he needed extra care. He was tiny when he came home with me. Fed weetbix and divetilact, with electrolytes. When he moved to puppy kibble, we continued the electrolytes. He had no problem thriving and growing. His first vaccination was done by me. His microchip was also done by me. His feet barely touched the ground the first 4 months or so and he never left my side. Although, he is on the smaller side for a Kelpie he's not undersized. His name is Trip. Yes, short for Tripod lol but also an Ode to his Sire whose name was Rip. I wanted to call him Ripper because I thought he was a little ripper and Pete wanted to call him yard because there are only 3 feet in a yard. Trip was our compromise.
    Some wanted to put him down, including his breeder. What's the use of an Australian Working Kelpie with 3 feet? One veterinarian wanted to amputate his whole leg. Hell no! I didn't listen to anyone who told me no, including my husband, who, 12 years later, would be lost without him. After the 2 weeks he said "we're bringing that dog home aren't we?"
    Everyone who sees him and knows working dogs always comment on him. I was once told by another breeder that he was the best puppy he'd seen come out of his Sire, foot or no foot. I saw who he would be in spite of his foot, and I was right. I'm so glad I stood my ground back then. Ha ha. I still remember a day at work when I had him with me and my boss ( the breeder) said, "well show me what this dog you've saved can do?" I sent Trip out on a mob of 70 sheep, he would've been maybe 8 months old, he worked the mob into the training paddock beautifully following only hand signals and my personal instructions. He did not follow whistles as I can't whistle and he didn't follow standard commands as I had purposely taught him differently to the stud dogs as he was mine. My poor boss, he watched that little dog work that mob and cursed his missing foot saying he'd have been worth thousands if he had it. It some ways I am glad he doesn't have it because that twist of fate brought him to me.
    He is a natural guardian. Always places himself between me and the door. He has worked stock yet is also happy not working. He is a great family dog and still loves to play. He is my best friend and at 12 I see his eyes getting cloudy, he doesn't always hear, he's slower than he used to be and he can't jump up on the bed or couch anymore. I see his time coming but I count my blessings that I have had a dog like him at least once in my life.

angels, LynnG and tjscraps like this.
  14. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

Great challenge, thank you.

[​IMG]

LynnG and tjscraps like this.
  15. meagan43

meagan43 Um, did you know that you're wrong?

16. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

Thank you for the challenge. Photos and words is definitly my cup of tea. Here's my take - journaling can be found in the description in the gallery.

[​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  17. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

18. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Here's my page, about focusing less on perfection and not being in the moment....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    LynnG likes this.
  19. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

Thanks for this challenge!
    [​IMG]

20. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?