scrapchyck

Pros And Cons

Pros And Cons
scrapchyck, Jan 12, 2023
Description:
This is for MOC 11 January 10th--Photos + Words

CREDITS: NiniGoesDigi Clean Slate (ribbon, butterfly, word strips, frame shape, typed quote); Lynn Grieveson Positiviy (torn paper with phrase; papers, scalloped cluster, paint piece) Fonts are TS Webchyck for journaling and Top Secret for years;

JOURNALING: It wasn’t an easy decision to leave the job I had for 10 years. In many ways that job had given me my chance to start over after the divorce. I worked really hard to achieve the things I did there: all the awards, the respect, and the tenure that allowed me four weeks vacation and 56 hours of PTO, plus all the bonus days off we were getting because of the chaos after the pandemic. But, ask anyone, I had never really been happy there. I hate talking on the phone. I hate systems that don’t work. I hate processes that aren’t well thought-out. And I was not really a fan of the company's product. I was really starting to hate working from home and being so isolated, something we had done since March 2020. So, I was always looking but never applying for the positions I would see listed on Indeed. Nothing seemed right. I didn't feel ready, too much self-doubt and what-ifs. Then one day, a woman in my Bible study asked if I had ever considered the company she works for. She told me she thought it would be a good fit, as she knew I was struggling where I was. So, when I saw a position come up for one of the offices just a mile or so up the road from my house, I applied. What did I have to lose? It was an arduous application process, one I hope I never have to go through again, because I got the job and hope to retire from this company. Is it perfect? No! I am still alone a lot as the one other person in the office isn't always there. I still have to talk on the phone, but it's not with angry customers or travel agents. I have struggled with figuring out how things are done in this highly-regulated industry, but I'm getting there. I can make it work for a few years. The hardest thing for me was realizing how amped up I was all the time from the stress I'd been under for 10 years. It took many months for me to be okay with not being 100% on all the time. But now that I'm getting used to a more relaxed pace, I feel like I have time to get back to being my creative self, back to my digital scrapbooking. Work is no longer all-consuming! And I'm going to keep it that way.
    • dawnmarch
      Love the b&W photos that really pop on that blue background. Such wonderful layering and use of eclectic elements; not to mention the gorgeous blue/orange color scheme! Such a wonderful page!
      scrapchyck likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 11 - Coming Home
    Uploaded By:
    scrapchyck
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    199.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).