Anny-Libelle

Moc11-10 Photos + Words

Moc11-10 Photos + Words
Anny-Libelle, Jan 12, 2023
Description:
I used:
Quiet life by Lynn Grieveson
Pencil (In review) by Micheline Lincoln Designs

Journaling (English isn't my native language, I used a translator additional, so please forgive the mistakes if you find any):

As I scrolled through my images, I lingered longer on these photos. They were created in June 2021. The lockdown in the second year of Corona had just ended, the hotels were allowed to offer their rooms again and we were able to travel again. After months of isolation, finally a bit of normality again. We had booked a holiday home on the Baltic Sea and the hosts were also happy that they were allowed to receive guests again.
We had our grandson with us for the first time and little Jamie was also separated from his parents for 10 days for the first time. We had no concerns that he would be homesick, as he had often spent the weekends alone with us.
Spending the holiday with a child again was a completely different holiday feeling, because it was many years ago when our children were so small and were on holiday with us. Small children perceive their surroundings in a completely different way. They see the most inconspicuous things, are interested in everything that has to do with them, ask questions and then scrutinize the answers given. Who doesn't know ... The question "why..." :)

Even the way to the beach was an adventure and it was our daily ritual to be the first to see the Baltic Sea behind the pine forests. This immediate and genuine joy, the ability to see the wonder in the little things, is something adults have sadly lacked to this extent.
So it's not just that we teach the kids something, it's just that WE can learn just as much from them. If we listen. If we look. When we engage with their view of the world.
What can I say, this holiday was just unique, amazing and beautiful for us. We incredibly enjoyed every second. We should look much more often through the eyes of a child, how much more of the world could we discover...
    • mocamom
      I agree wholeheartedly about learning to see things as children do. We would ALL be happier if we did! Love that you got to spend some time with your grandson and that you took time to record this memory and scrap this glorious page!
    • AnEnglishLady
      Beautiful shabby chic style page, brought to life by the personalised journaling. I especially love the addition of the pencil.
      #MOC11-10 #photos&words #journaling
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 11 - Coming Home
    Uploaded By:
    Anny-Libelle
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    199.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).