January 31: Then + Now (the last day!!)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by lmccandless, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

[​IMG]

thanks for a great month laura! :)

lmccandless, rlucasmn and bbachand like this.
  2. jcb5600

jcb5600 Well-Known Member

Today is my parent's anniversary, so this challenge seemed like the perfect one for today! I'll update with a more current photo of them before printing, but that is what I had handy. Journaling in the gallery.

[​IMG]

lmccandless and Tedasgram (Ruth) like this.
  3. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

[​IMG]

I've had a wonderful month and I'm so sad it is over. :'(

lmccandless and Neverland Scraps like this.
  4. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

What a great challenge! I can't believe it's the final one. I'm going to miss having to do a layout each day! This has been so much fun!!! I spent too much in the store on the 50% off sale today . . . LOL! I have 171 words in my journaling and the words "now" and "then" are included.

[​IMG]

lmccandless and Mylinn like this.
  5. Tedasgram (Ruth)

Tedasgram (Ruth) Active Member

I DID IT!!! OH WOW! I can't believe it. To all the wonderful team that worked together to bring such an awesome month of challenges:
    A couple were tough and though I wasn't a fan, I pushed through and learned a lot of new things. I explored scraping styles I NEVER could have imagined trying and I loved it! Thank you so very much for all your hard work. Believe me it was worth it to me. Group hug!!

[​IMG]

lmccandless and rlucasmn like this.
  6. Sani_digiscrap

Sani_digiscrap Well-Known Member

My Last Challenge for my MOC thanks for a easy one!
    At first i didnt thing i was going to be able to finish but i did it.

The Journaling has the then and now in spanish the translate is in the gallery ;)

[​IMG]

lmccandless likes this.
  7. MsCarolina

MsCarolina Well-Known Member

Here's my layout (word count = 161):

[​IMG]

The journaling reads:
    Back in October 2014, I asked you “would you like to learn Chinese?” and without hesitation you said “YES!”. I asked you “why?” and your response was “because China is the biggest country with the most people in the world and if I learn to speak China, I will be able to speak to a lot of people!”. You were just 4-1/2 years old back then and I thought “what a smart kid!” and so I went ahead and enrolled you in Chinese School on Saturdays. Now in May 2017, you just completed your third year in Chinese School and I find it AMAZING how much you have learned, you can now speak, read, and write in Chinese and every school year you make it to the list of the top 3 students in your class even though you’re the youngest in your class and one in the minority without a Chinese speaking parent. I couldn’t be more proud of you!

lmccandless likes this.
  8. bbachand

bbachand Well-Known Member

Thanks for a great last challenge! I have a high school senior this year and I can think of many variations on this theme to scrap. That circle photo is actually a pin that I've carried around in my purse since 2005. The pin is pretty beaten up, as you can imagine after all these years sitting at the bottom of my purse, but I'm thankful for your challenge to get it scanned and scrapped.
    [​IMG]
    word count: 182

lmccandless and jjpederson125 like this.
  9. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

[​IMG]

I had to get my font small to get all my journaling in. Here is the journaling:
    A lot has happened in 17+ years of marriage. Back then, we were living
    in North Carolina. I started working at Duke and Chris was working on his degree. I was teaching at North Carolina State University when we had Ty. It was a bit tiring, but we made it work so Chris and I would split the day taking care of Ty. About 3.5 years later, Kylan joined our family. Ty was not sure if he liked that at first and in fact asked if the doctor could put him back in my belly after a few days. It was not until we moved to Rock Springs North Carolina that Wesley was born. Kylan loved Wesley and enjoyed spending time with him. We did not wait too long to add our last son, Gabryel. Gabe came quickly and has brought a light to our family. We love each of our boys. While they all have their unique personalities, they enjoy playing together and are best friends. Now we enjoy having each of them in school, with Ty in Junior High School and Gabe in Pre-school for one more year.

10. girlonmac(Lisa)

girlonmac(Lisa) Active Member

11. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

Love this challenge. Journaling in gallery too

[​IMG]

12. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Thanks for another great challenge! Here's mine with 182 words:
    [​IMG]

lmccandless likes this.
  13. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

seriously loved this. ("then to now" are my last three words)

[​IMG]

lmccandless, bbachand and Mylinn like this.
  14. Miss Becki...

Miss Becki... Active Member

I love how this last page turned out... I didn't know where it was going until I wrote the final sentence of the journalling. (sorry- I had to include the labels to get to 150 words!) Thank you so much for a wonderful first MOC- I had a great time and learned SO MUCH. <3

[​IMG]
    Text: "I once heard a pastor say that it's a good thing you don't know what you're getting into before you enter the ministry, and I think marriage may be the same way. When my parents married on June 19, 1971, I'm sure they had no idea the ups and downs, struggles and triumphs that would lie before them. The three children they would raise, the church they would pastor, the jobs, the homes, the adventures... the richer and poorer, sickness and health. In 2010 my mom had a significant stroke and since then has been confined to a wheelchair, unable to walk, communicate clearly and care for herself. My dad cares for her so lovingly and patiently. There are so many photos of the two of them through the years, but I think my favorite is the one on the right... that's the true love story."

lmccandless and bbachand like this.
  15. Tiff

Tiff I don't need no stinking playlists!

16. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I loved this challenge ... spanned a few generations here (my son never met his Great Grandpa - pictured up top but he got to ride his restored tractor a 1/2 decade or so later - tractor restored by my Dad -bottom photo!) :beat TY Laura - great ending challenge for MOC!

[​IMG]

lmccandless and rlucasmn like this.
  17. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

the month has gone by so fast. I've enjoyed all of it and am amazed that I've been able to keep up pretty well with "life". Here's #31

[​IMG]

lmccandless likes this.
  18. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

19. jjpederson125

jjpederson125 Well-Known Member

20. kraezd70

kraezd70 Can you take pictures of snow in Hawaii?

[​IMG]

journaling in gallery - image linked

And I finished MOC for the first time! Yay me!

lmccandless likes this.