January 17 - Hindsight is 20/20 Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by EHStudios, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

206 words

[​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  2. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

This is something I've always wanted to get down, so thanks for the prompt, Elisa! My journaling is 302 words (it's typed out in the credits).

[​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  3. ElizabethW

ElizabethW Pledging to lambda lambda polly

4. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

5. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I still need to comment on the most recent pages, but wanted to let everyone up to this point know their pages are compliant!

6. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Thank you for hosting this challenge, Elisa. I got a little wordy with it! Word count is 467 and journaling is with my credits in the gallery. Mine :)

[​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  7. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

I went through so many thoughts for this one.. Thanks for challenging me.. ;) :heartlub

[​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  8. zippyoh

zippyoh Well-Known Member

387 words. Journaling is in gallery.
    [​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  9. got2digiscrap

got2digiscrap Well-Known Member

Great challenge thank you for hosting.

[​IMG]

kit: Happy Birthday by Kristin Aagard
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Digital-Scrapbook-Happy-Birthday.html

Happy 40+ Birthday by Kristin Aagard
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Digital-Scrapbook-Happy-40-Birthday.html

In With the New by Kristin Aagard (flower)
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/digital-scrapbooking-kit-iwtn-birthday.html

template: Artsy Journal Template 23 by Scrapping with Liz
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Artsy-Journal-Digital-Scrapbook-Templates-23.html

journaling: (word count 362 words)
    I made a new year resolution to get in shape and so I started dressing up more. No more sandals and tennis shoes to work. As my fellow employee tells me that way I could tone up and look better. On this one day, I was running late to work and did not want to be tardy so I looked for a pair of boots I wanted to wear but could not find the pair I wanted to wear so I grabbed a pair of dress boots. I had started walking around the building with a friend on our breaks. Every break that matches up we go walking and when she can’t go walking I still go walking because this is my resolution. I walked down from the car to the building and decided I am not going to go walking on my breaks because it had started raining. When all of a sudden when I reached the end of the sidewalk. I have to step off onto the ash fault to get to the other sidewalk., The drain gushed water out and next thing I know I am down on the street with my knee bent backward and I get up and brush my handoff and go into work. As the day progressed my hand was hurting a little and my leg was killing me. I texted my kids' dad that I had fallen and my leg hurts. He tells me I should go get it checked and I told him I am fine. As the day progressed my leg continued to hurt so when I got home I changed into sweatpants and tennis shoes. I went to the ER and they x-rayed my knee. No break just a contusion. As I am leaving they tell me that it could take up to three months to have my knee feel better.
    In Hindsight is 20/20, my new resolution of not wearing tennis shoes is only on sunny days. When it rains or is going to start to rain, I will only wear my tennis shoes. Resolutions are goals and can be edited. Still keeping my resolution just tweaking it. No more falls.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    EHStudios likes this.
  10. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

[​IMG]

438 words
    I started working in the pharmacy by accident. Someone called in sick and they needed a cashier. Eventually the person that called off kept calling off and lost their job. I was asked if I would prefer to switch to the pharmacy or stay up front in the photo department. That’s how it all began. I kind of feel that my fate was sealed that day. Little did I know how that decision would impact the rest of my life. I guess it’s true, hindsight is twenty twenty.

Around this time I left home. Things were miserable for me and I had had enough. Because of my position at the store I was able to find a job when I finally made it Texas. I had a nice little support network at Walgreens. Many wonderful people that helped out during tough times.

Fast forward a few years and I decide to go back to school to become a pharmacist. I was one of the older ones in my classes. I had to work full time because I didn’t live with my parents like my classmates. I also was in class full time. I still don’t know how I made it through doing both. About two years into my studies, Butler added a physician assistant program. Not once did I ever even consider changing my major. I only had a few more years to go and was guaranteed a great paying job upon graduation.

Graduation came and I was very happy to not have to go to school anymore. It wasn’t very long until I became a manager. More hours more responsibility. Really only a little bit more money if you think about it. I was salaried so it didn’t matter how long I stayed at work I got paid the same thing.

This went on for years and years. Fast forward, now I am thirty years with the same company. I thought things would change for the better but they have not. I am so stressed all the time. My hours were cut about a year ago. The pharmacy I am at now is not the greatest and is very busy. That just increases my stress level. I can’t sleep at night. I am always so tired.

I am at the point in my life where I am thinking I should have changed my major. I feel very under appreciated and just frustrated with my current situation at work. I am tired and stressed and I actually dread going in to work. Hindsight is twenty twenty but sometimes the results are not what you want them to be.

EHStudios likes this.
  11. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

This was fun! I altered the phrase a bit in the titling but I do have the exact phrase "hindsight is 20/20" in my journalling. My word count is 756. Thanks for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  12. ziesenil

ziesenil Well-Known Member

That was difficult to start, but when I had finished I thought of a few more things I could have written about.
    [​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  13. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

This was hard! But, glad I did it. Journaling is in the credits, and I had 354 words. Thanks for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  14. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I've checked all to here & everyone is great & good to go!

If you are posting anytime in the next 3 hours, please please please make sure you have the phrase "Hindsight is 20/20", have 200 words at least, and are using current Lilypad product, as I can't verify for you beforehand.

I'm off to bed! This was a great great challenge!

15. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

16. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

@EHStudios sorry this took me til the last minute here is mine.
    [​IMG]

17. Happy Mama

Happy Mama Well-Known Member

Hindsight tells me I should not have left this one for the last! ha! But I did it!!

[​IMG]