Annsofie

Moc 8 day 17 Hindsight is 20/20

Moc 8 day 17 Hindsight is 20/20
Annsofie, Feb 1, 2020
Description:
Happy at home collection (papers and elements) from Sahin Designs

The journaling is in Swedish and this is the translation (530 words):

In January 2007, I started as store manager for Clas Ohlson in Kristianstad. A brand new store with a wonderful bunch of employees. I came from a position as Deputy Store Manager at Nordstan and was well versed in scheduling and in-store work, especially product knowledge. What I was not so familiar with was the economic and logistical part. A few years later, I lost the spark, it was no fun to go to work anymore and I felt tired and more and more depressed. It was then decided that I would change shop and took over the Burlövs store. Here, too, there was a wonderful group working, but I felt more and more that I was in the wrong place. After 10 months I felt completely exhausted. The early mornings and late evenings where I had to commute a total of two hours a day had taken its toll while I was being investigated for a lump growing on my throat. I applied and got into an education, but as I was almost certain that I would not get leave on such short notice, I declined the place. In August I made the decision that would change my life; after 16 years at Clas Ohlson I resigned and in September I quit without thinking about what was to come next. About the same time I found out that the lump could be cancerous and that they wanted to remove it. I had time for surgery on November 10, and after one night in the hospital, I was allowed to come home with my Frankenstein neck. Luckily enough it turned out that there were no cancer cells in the lump but it was just an enlarged thyroid, which they removed half of. For two weeks after the operation, I felt tired and completely powerless, but then almost exactly after two weeks, everything turned just over one night and I woke up alert and rested. Since I resigned myself, I got a long waiting for money from the unemployment insurance fund, but luckily I got a good final salary so that I managed financially. I decided to start studying and found an education for Landscape Scientist at the University of Kristianstad which I thought sounded fun, so I applied and entered. On January 15, 2016 I presented my thesis and was able to name myself Landscape Scientist. So satisfied with my efforts, all exams and assignments got A!

I have never regretted a single second since I resigned from Clas. It's really the best thing I've done in my life and I really loved to study. Imagine getting, or rather taking, the opportunity to do it when you are almost 40 years of age. Many would probably say it was a 40-year crisis, but I know it was a way for me to save myself from total burnout and depression. Today I have a job I like a lot, lovely co-workers and quite a lot of opportunity to manage my time. The only thing that is negative is the long commute time to and from work, but if that is the only thing I am dissatisfied with, I can stand it.
    • EHStudios
      I'm glad you listened to your body & resigned! Not crazy to study later!! Great page for the challenge!
      Annsofie likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    Annsofie
    Date:
    Feb 1, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    245.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).