It’s Here! It’s finally Here! The Lilypad has gone MOBILE! And it is so stinkin’ fun!
Today is the debut of a brand new line of mobile ready fonts.
Well, technically, they are dingbats or doodles but no matter what you call them, you will have to check them out!
Just look at these super cool products from our creative designers. They are versatile and easy to use.
If you remember, we talked a little about Phonto in an earlier blog post. I personally think it’s the easiest of the apps to use, but I know some folks swear by the others.
If you chose Phonto (which is for iPhone or Android) or Over, you can import your font/dingbat directly into the program using the Dropbox app. Let me show you…
1. Choose which product you just cannot live without (I know, this is the hardest part)
2. Download it to your computer.
3. Move the .ttf file to your Dropbox account. I have a cleverly named folder for these called “Fonts”.
4. Grab the Free Dropbox app for your smartphone (you should really do this anyway, because it’s a great way to keep all kinds of things at your fingertips)
5. Navigate to the font/dingbat on your Dropbox app and hit the little “download” icon at the bottom.
6. Choose the app to import your font into (Phonto or Over).
7. Open your Phonto or Over app and Voila… it is there as a choice for you! WOOT!
Please note that these apps also allow you to import fonts directly from the app itself, but it requires plugging your phone in and importing via iTunes. The Dropbox way is much cleaner.
In the LetterGlow app (which I really like, too), you still import from Dropbox, you just start within the app itself…
And for those of you who are still unsure how to do all of this, Heather made this awesome video for us! Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.
OK, so now you can get started!
Let me show you a few examples from the Pollys. You can see how much fun this was for everyone.
Now, what do you do with these photos, you may ask? Well, share them, print them, scrap them! So many options. It takes Phoneography to a whole new level.
Oh, and speaking of sharing, hehe… once you take that awesome phone pic, and dress it up with a coolio dingbat, we would LOVE to see it! You can post it to TLP gallery, of course, but we would also love to see it on Facebook and Instagram.
Tag @The Lilypad on FB and #thelilypad, #the_lilypad, #TLPtogo or #TLPmobile on IG.
But wait… there’s more! EEK! Do you see this kit? Do you love this kit? Do you want this kit?
This kit is YOURS FOR FREE with any $10 purchase at TLP this weekend! Oh yeah. That’s what I’m talking about. A kit designed with our mobile pics in mind, in particular those selfies that we (or our kids) love to take.
Here’s a little of what the CT did with this super bright and cheery kit.