Rachel Jefferies Mixed Media Challenge - DEC 2020 + November Winners

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Rachel Jefferies, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Hi everyone,

Here we are, the last month of the year and I'm here to give you the info on the December 2020 challenge!

First, let's wrap up November. The winners for the pocket cards challenge hosted by Marilyn
    and drawn at random are:
    $10 coupon goes to ... @RJMJ
    $6 coupon goes to ... @Claire Grantham
    - Your coupons will be delivered to you via PM from me very soon, congrats and have fun shopping, ladies!

December 2020 Challenge

This month for our December challenge I was inspired by my new Build Your Own Collection. We are going to look deep into nature!

This is a new product line and series which explores what connects us all together and how different outdoor presences influence our lives and how they make us feel.

Your challenge is to create an Art Journal or Mixed Media Page which documents or visually represents how an aspect of nature influences your life or makes you feel.

You can choose a single aspect of nature, or you could combine several on your page. Some ideas to explore are:
    Water (rain, rivers, streams, lakes, ocean etc.)
    Sky (clouds, sunshine, rainbows, moon, stars, universe)
    Earth (soil, grass, sand, stones)
    Trees & Foliage (woodland, forests, leaves, flowers, branches)

Your page doesn't have to include a photo but you can use one if you want to. Your page doesn't have to include journaling, but if it doesn't I'd like your finished page to emote how the aspect/s of nature you chose to explore influences your life or makes you feel. If you include journaling and it's sensitive it's fine to obscure it somehow if you want to (make it partially hidden, notice how one of my rings of journaling goes off the page? .. paint over it, use a hard to read font, mask it or distress it etc.).

Here is my page for the challenge.

rjefferies-makesyouwonder.jpg

Stunning Inspiration from :

@alinalove
    50684277497_17dcf4a677_o.jpg

@Annsofie
    rj-decchallenge.jpg

@ArmyGrl

z_NatureHeals.jpg

@DivaMom96

RJ_December-Designer-Challenge.jpg

Here are some product suggestions that would work well for this challenge that can all be found in my shop.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Challenge Requirements:
    • Create an Art Journal or Mixed Media Page which documents or visually represents how an aspect/s of nature influences your life or makes you feel. Your page doesn't have to include a photo but you can use one if you want to. Your page doesn't have to include journaling, but if it doesn't I'd like your finished page to emote how the aspect of nature you chose to explore influences your life or makes you feel.
    • Your layout must be comprised of 100% Rachel Jefferies products; 90% must be currently available in her store. You may use up to 10% retired products.
    • Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at TLP and list the products used in your credits.
    • For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread. Please link your thread to your gallery image as it helps us leave love on your layout (and, validate your project).
    • No double dipping…your layout must be used for this challenge only, no others.
    • You must create a new layout for this challenge.
    • This challenge will remain open a little longer than normal as for some of us December is a busy month with Holidays. It will close at midnight 8th January 2021 according to the timestamp on your thread post.
    Prizes:
    • One lucky artist will be randomly drawn to win a $10 coupon to Rachel Jefferies store.
    • New Release Bonus Entry! If you use one of Rachel’s products released in December 2020 (a new release, M3, BYOC and even SOSN released in December 2020) you will get a bonus entry for a chance to win a $6 coupon (should you not be the $10 winner). Please let me know if you are eligible for the $6 entry by stating “New Release Bonus Entry” when you post in the forum.

If you have any questions just ask me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Enjoy the challenge!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Congrats to the winners.
    Excited to play along again this month.

Rachel Jefferies likes this.
  3. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

Congrats to the winners!

4. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Nature makes me feel reflective -- as though nature often mirrors life. My layout was designed to give that message.

[​IMG]

5. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Love the new release - I love looking up at clear skies (we had so many days of overcast/smoky skies that its a real treat to see blue)
    [​IMG]

6. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

Oh wow! Thanks and congrats to @RJMJ too xx

Rachel Jefferies, trekmom and RJMJ like this.
  7. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

OOH! How Exciting!!!!...:woot :woot WOOT! WOOT! :winner Right On! :righton ...Thanks So Much!!! & Congrats! Too! @Claire Grantham :woohoo ...

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

9. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Congrats to the winners!

10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Congrats to the lucky winners!!!!!

Here is one from me. I live in woods, but I love water, even if I can't swim.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the challenge and the inspiration. We recently moved to the country and live on 50 acres, which is a lifelong dream for me.

[​IMG]

12. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

I love Nature

[​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies, Anthea61 and mcurtt like this.
  13. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

Great challenge, Rachel! Here's one for me. No question but that the beach is my place in nature. I want to live on the beach one day, and as soon as I retire, I'm heading there.

[​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies and mcurtt like this.
  14. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

Thanks so much again for the win :) I loved this challenge, scrapping about where I live is always nice. I used a few kits including the current BYOC Dec kit

[​IMG]

15. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Am A True Nature Lover!...I Love All The Beauty! That Mother Nature Generously Provides Us!...It is No Secret That I Scrap About Nature Often!...Most Recently...My Love! Of Leaves!...But I Love! Trees Too!...O.K....I Could Go On & On!...But For Today's Layout...I'm Switching Gears A Little Bit!...I Created A Layout Most Recently About Being A "Moonchild"...So This Layout Is...In A Way...An Extension Of That Idea...This Layout Focuses More On The Stars In The Night Sky Aspect!...Closing Your Eyes!...Looking Up To The Stars! & Dreaming!...Making A Wish!...& Hoping With All Your Heart That It Comes True!...True Dreamers! Always Look Up To The Sky & Wish & Hope!...I Am A True Believer In Stars! Hopes! & Dreams!...

*For My She Looked To The Stars And Wished Layout-I Used:

*Look Deep Into Nature: [Vol 1]-Elements-Rachel Jefferies...[This Qualifies As A NEW!!!! Release BONUS! Entry For December...]
    *Trust The Journey:Stay Patient-Rachel Jefferies...[The Papers I Used For My BG Plus The Paper I Cut Up To Create Those Beige Colored Paper Bits You See Throughout My Layout...]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    Rachel Jefferies, Anthea61 and mcurtt like this.
  16. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Rachel Jefferies and RJMJ like this.
  17. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Outdoors is my happy place...even exploring my own yard. Nature heals me. It centers me. It fascinate me. There is so much to observe and explore. I love the patterns, textures and rhythms found in nature.

[​IMG]

18. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

19. katell

katell CT - Sara Gleason

thanks for this great challenge, this year, walk in nature every week saved my mental health

[​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies and Anthea61 like this.
  20. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere