January 15: Paper Blending (Technique Challenge)

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by bcgal00, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

I started with a template that should have made this quick and easy, but ended up spending lots of time playing with masking and blending modes. Fun challenge - but beware, playing with blending can create a time warp!!
    [​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

this was so much fun - i used Color Burn on the banner paper by Forever Joy (and played with the 'blend if underlying is gray' sliders) and clipped it to a watercolour paper from Dawn Inskip (everything but In Quotes 2 template is from the Happy - Free With Purchase TLP collab kit)
    [​IMG]

LynnG and Joan K like this.
  3. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Fantastic challenge and yes it really was a challenge. Outside my comfort zone but a technique I don't use enough.

[​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  4. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

I blended two papers from the Studio Basic/ Little Butterfly Wings Bookaholic Collab. One paper was a print of books, looked like the inside cover of a book with paint splatters. I put the inside cover page on the bottom, and layered the books on top. I used a layer mask to keep the books on one side of the "spine" of the page. I then used the "hard light" blend setting.[​IMG]

5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Wow, ladies....you are blowing me away with your pages! 
    [​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  6. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

That video for PSE was awesome! I didn't even realize the modes were grouped together. I use blending modes a LOT, but i didn't know the groupings. Fun.
    Also - didn't think of using blending modes as a way to recolor. That seems like a no brainer after watching. LOL! thanks Rae!

I used "screen" on the white paper to fade the colors of the background paper I chose. I tend to do this when the colors are a tad too bold for the message I'm scrapping, or if I want to change the color of a certain part of the pattern in a paper.

7. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

My second paper layer is set to Hard Light with the opacity at 85%.

[​IMG]

8. Nightshadow

Nightshadow Pancakes are their own food group

Here is mine. I blended three different papers together and also did some duplicating and changing of blend modes. I really like the way the background paper turned out. (Now I need to go back and work on Challenge 14. I think I finally have an idea.)
    [​IMG]

9. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Nice Challenge...I Love Paper Blending...You Can Probably See Evidence Of That In My Gallery...It's Just Fun!...So I Blended 3 Papers & Added Various Effects To Each Of Them...

For My Breath Of Spring Layout...I Used:
    Winter Wonderland & Splash Pad By Kristin Aagard
    Hello Cutie By Amy Wolff

Breath Of Spring.png

10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I blended the wood grain and the pink cardstock together.
    [​IMG]

11. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

I've blended 2 background papers (duplicated the background paper and bleached it to make it lighter & changed the opacity of the other background paper on op of the other one), and I aso blended 2 pictures together: a recent picture of my son and a picture of his dad who passed away almost 4 years ago. My son told me so many times that he would love to have a picture of him, as he is now, with his dad. This challenge was just what I needed to blend these pictures together, thank you!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    bonnenuit likes this.
  12. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I started with a solid Blue paper and then blended a paper with banners on it to form my background paper

[​IMG]

13. pinkadoo

pinkadoo Well-Known Member

14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Here's mine! I blended a black and white doodled star paper with a green graph paper. Graph paper is 92% opacity on Lighten. Thanks for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

15. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

GAAH!!! I just did my page for this challenge, not realizing that one of the two TLP collabs I used for the page isn't in the store any longer!! I used Life is an Adventure parts One and Two, and it was One I used most. Sigh. Off to find things that i can substitute in it. Next time I'll check the store first!

16. lorieh

lorieh Well-Known Member

Thanks for finding videos to help us with this challenge! I had fun playing!
    [​IMG]
    My base paper is Dadoodly Love Solid normal
    Ooooh LaLa Paper 9 linear burn 100%
    Upside Down Arty Paper darken 100%

17. HeyJude

HeyJude Professor of Digital Wizardry

Love this Challenge! I set the black tile patterned paper to Darken and then brushed it onto the page.

[​IMG]

18. AlannaH

AlannaH Well-Known Member

Here's mine :) I used TLP Happy collab
    Blended sabrina_p5.jpg with bellagypsy_happycollab_pattern2.jpg and a bit of happy_FJ_PP_1.jpg

[​IMG]

19. Anny-Libelle

Anny-Libelle Show me the way to the Misty Mountains

Great challenge!
    I've blended 3 different papers and 1 photo
    [​IMG]

20. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub