January 11: On This Day (Journaling Challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by HeatherB, Jan 11, 2018.

1. 3littleks

3littleks Pass the gold and the glitter, please!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

[​IMG]

*sniff sniff* Thanks for this challenge!

HeatherB likes this.
  3. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

Word Count: 172
    [​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.
  4. MsCarolina

MsCarolina Well-Known Member

Here is mine (346 words):

[​IMG]

Journaling:
    I went to sleep last night thinking that we would be having Thanksgiving dinner at Elisa's house tonight. However, this morning, i started to feel not so well...I went to the bathroom to pee at around 6:15am and when I went back to bed. Later, I had your daddy call the doctor to say that we were heading to the hospital. Fortunately. the hospital is just 8-10 min drive from home and even though I had pre-registered, I still had to fill out/sign paperwork. We waited like 20-30 min that seemed FOREVER. Daddy went like 3 times to ask when was the nurse coming. Finally, the nurse came to get us (we found out later that they were short staffed that day due to the fact that it was Thanksgiving). We went to the triage room, she told me to get in a robe and then they started to monitor the contractions/your heart rate...she asked me if I was planning to get an epidural...I said 'yes' and then she said that she would do a vaginal examination on me...shortly after that she said 'you're complete, the baby is coming, we may not have time to get you an epidural' and they rolled me to the delivery room across. The doctor was already there and she said that there were no anesthesiologists on site and you may come out before one could even get there., so she instructed me what I needed to do...I pushed for 30 min and then you came was out. There were less than 4.5 hours between when I started experiencing the pains and when we welcomed you to this world (vaginal delivery without epidural). It was such an amazing experience, i cried tears of joy when I saw you and carried you in my arms the first time...and I thought you were the cutest baby :) Your 1-min and 5-min Apgar scores were 8 and 9 respectively. I was told no one gets 10 as it requires pink toes and fingers (and there is usually not that much circulation in those areas).

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    LynnG, HeatherB and Mylinn like this.
  5. angiekey

angiekey Permanent residence in the gutter

I went with a 2-page spread for this challenge ... journaling is 206 words:

[​IMG]

Page 1:
    [​IMG]

Page 2:
    [​IMG]

LynnG, Mylinn and HeatherB like this.
  6. Megan H

Megan H Well-Known Member

Here's Mine... I chose Xmas Eve
    [​IMG]

LynnG, HeatherB and Mylinn like this.
  7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

8. JenniferJ

JenniferJ Ain't nothing that a Krispy Kreme can't fix

I did Christmas (Words - 160 )

[​IMG]

LynnG, sbee and HeatherB like this.
  9. Amy McScrappin

Amy McScrappin Member

10. cherpea

cherpea Well-Known Member

11. melscrap

melscrap CT - Lynne-Marie

[​IMG]
    Journaling:
    7 April 2013. The day that we landed in Sydney to start our new life. The yearning for this adventure started in February 2008 when Michael and I came over to Sydney for a Look See Discover trip and Michael had a job interview with an IT company in the city. We decided the opportunity wasn’t the right one, and put off the move. In July 2012 the visa requirements for Permanent Resident entry into Australia changed, and we managed to sneak in our visa application just before the deadline of 30 June 2012. This means our application would be processed under the old system. Jaco and Annine’s application took about 3 years to process, so I didn’t really think much about ours. However, things progressed almost at the speed of light. IELTS exam, medical exam, police clearance, and we received our visas on 25 January 2013. Jaco and Annine had organised a container to leave South Africa mid-February, and we figured we might as well share a container with them. So it was a mad rush to buy one-way tickets to Sydney, pack up our house and spend as much time as we could with the people we would be leaving behind. 5 years, 1 daughter and a 33 hour trip later, we arrived at our new adventure.

12. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Thanks for the challenge! I chose to scrap about the scary and ever-feared event, baby gets a bed and isn't a baby anymore! And, just so you don't have to count them, lol, I did 210 words!

[​IMG]

LynnG and HeatherB like this.
  13. nof007750

nof007750 Active Member

[​IMG]

Working at a STEM school, I knew we needed to make a big day out of the Great American Eclipse. Along with Erin and Jon, I planned a school wide event where our Middle School kids taught the Elementary kids the science of an eclipse and how to safely observe the eclipse. We ordered 500 pairs of the eclipse glasses which became a hot commodity when they sold out on Amazon and in most local stores. The eclipse began in Denver around 10:30 and ended around 1:#0. The largest coverage was about 93% at 11:47 am. The biggest shock to me during the eclipse was that there was a marked temperature change observable even though we were not in totatlity. This day reminded me of the importance of sharing our passions with others--my excitement spread to not just my own kids (pictured here) but to my students and through them to a whole school community. I cannot wait for 2045 when the next Great American eclipse will occur. Next time Denver will be in the path of totality and I can’t wait to see it for myself.
    (200 Words)

Mylinn and HeatherB like this.
  14. suetr

suetr Active Member

January 21, 2017

We marched on the Common on January 21, 2017. We marched to protest the election of a President who while winning the electoral vote, lost the popular vote. We marched for women rights, We marched for human rights because… as a wise wise woman once said… “Womens Rights are Human Rights”. We marched in solidarity with our sisters and brothers all over the globe, on every continent, yes even in Antarctica there was a (very small) march. We marched for Love in all it’s forms. We marched for Peace. We march to raise our voices against those in our Government and in our institutions who would seek to subvert our American values in the name of America herself while marginalizing everyone who is not. like. them. We marched because we believe in our country and in the power of our voices. We marched because in the face of an unthinkable outcome, we needed to DO SOMETHING and do something constructive, not destructive and divisive. We marched because we do not feel that in the 21st Century, women and minorities do not have an equal seat at the table, no matter how good our qualifications and how hard we work. We marched to show our daughters and sons that it is possible to protest peacefully and yes, joyfully. We marched to set an example to the world that America is not just who sits on his perceived throne in the White House. We marched 175,000 strong on Boston Common, the scene of protest and dissent against tyranny (and admittedly, sheep grazing) for over 380 years, where the and deeds of truth and freedom sparked a revolution heard around the world. We marched to honor our ancestors and everyone who has gone before us fighting for the cause of freedom and equality in the grandest and most modest ways possible. We marched to show our daughters hope.

sbee, Mylinn, bonnenuit and 1 other person like this.
  15. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

I hope this is what was required.

[​IMG]

LynnG and HeatherB like this.
  16. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

17. suetr

suetr Active Member

18. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

Took me forever to decide what to scrap...finally decided on my first NHL game!
    Journaling is in gallery if you can't see it here!
    [​IMG]

HeatherB and Mylinn like this.
  19. Teri

Teri You bought a used lion?

20. Bethie

Bethie Well-Known Member