Busy lives full of meetings, appointments, and deadlines has really brought emphasis to the planner craze recently. Many people even have more than one planner! I didn’t understand this trend at first, and continued to happily plan in my a5 Carpe Diem planner. A few months ago I found myself not wanting to lug my a5 around in my purse anymore. I decided to take the leap and buy a smaller planner to use in my purse and leave my a5 at home. I quickly learned the beauty of having two planner system and wanted to share 5 tips I learned along the way.
5 Tips for Using Two Planners
- Determine the use – What kind of things do you want in each planner? I knew my small planner needed to act as a wallet/calendar/note taking spot. My big a5 held EVERYTHING including my calendar. Yes, I have the same calendar in both planners!
- Choose a different size – You may just find that another size/style of planner fits your needs better for your second planner. I was really worried about downsizing! A smaller personal size worked beautifully in my purse, and the paper size was still big enough to take quick notes on.
- Sync only important info – Did I really need to have my Creative Team information with me while I was out shopping? Uh no! I’m a lover of a good list, but I reminded myself to only sync,or duplicate, my lists that I would need if I was away from home. Being brutal with this step helped immensely to downsize the bulk of my planner.
- Buy extra supplies – Do you have that favorite pen that you love to write in your planner with? Nobody has time or brain power to remember to grab your pen as you are running out the door in a hurry. Trust me, if you forget that pen you will be kicking yourself all day. Be sure to have an extra of that pen to have in both planners! That goes for favorite paper, clips, stickers, page flags too!
- Don’t over decorate – I wanted to spend just as much time decorating my personal as I did my a5. I quickly found I was doing more decorating than actual planning! That just wouldn’t do. I devised away to simplify my personals decorations but it still coordinated with my a5. Stay tuned for a blog post on how I do that!
I hope you found these tips useful and practical to help a two planner system work for you!