Some of us are holding on strong to this last month of summer (raises hand!) If you are holding on to these warm sunny days like myself, here is a yummy summer slurp from our own Cheryl – aka: gonewiththewind
- 8 large fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- Juice from 1/2 of a fresh lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup club soda
- Pineapple wedges, lime wheels and/or fresh mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Muddle the mint leaves with simple syrup and lime juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Add rum and pineapple juice. Cover and shake vigorously. Strain into 2 glasses filled with ice and top each glass with 1/4 cup club soda.