Hello everyone! It’s Polly Karen here and I’m back to show off a new batch of awesome challenges for the month of May. Each month we have 8 brand new challenges that are posted in the forum Challenge Pad on the 1st (the BYOC Challenge is posted on the 1st Friday of the month.) You can use the challenges simply to inspire you to keep creating new layouts OR you can also earn yourself a fabulous coupon for your next shopping trip in the Lilypad Store. (2 challenges = 10%, 4 challenges = 20% and 6 challenges = 30%). Those who complete at least 7 challenges will be entered in a drawing for a $50 gift certificate! Isn’t that an awesome prize?!?! You’ll get lots of great memories captured in your scrapbooks AND you could win a fat gift certificate prize!!! Pretty great, right?! So let’s take a look at this month’s new batch of challenges!
1. Style Challenge – The first challenge for May is the Style Challenge hosted by Farrah (FarrahJobling) and she wants you to create a layout that prominently features a pocket. Allison Pennington has even generous supplied a freebie pocket that you can use if you wish. Here’s a look at the freebie followed by Farrah’s layout using them:
2. Scraplift Challenge – Next we have the Scraplift Challenge which is hosted by Justine (bellbird). Justine came up with a cool scraplift mash-up for this month. She wants you to go to the first page of the gallery and pick 2 pages you like and then pick parts of both pages that you like and combine them on your one layout. How fun right? Here’s a look at the two pages Justine picked, followed by her mash-up scraplifted version:
3. Template Challenge – Christa (cfile) is hosting the Template Challenge for May. The challenge is to use the free template supplied by Lynn Grieveson Designs and create a layout using it. Here’s a look at the free template followed by a sample that Christa created:
4. Random Challenge – The Random Challenge for May is hosted by Ashley (ashleywb) and she is challenging you to create a layout that has at least 2 photos with journaling explaining the comparison between those photos. Here’s a layout that Ashley created comparing her daughter’s two different edible science projects (how cool!!!):
5. Photography Challenge – Lori (lcpereyra) is hosting this month’s Photography challenge. Lori wants you to pull out your camera and practice your macro or close-up photography skills and then scrap one of your new photos. Here’s a layout Lori created featuring one of my all time favorite spring plants:
6. Inspiration Challenge – This month we have our own inspiring Em (Justagirl) back to host the Inspiration Challenge. The birthstone for May is Emerald which reminded Em of her Mum and being a Mum, so she is challenging you to create a page dedicated to Mothers Day and make green the main color on your layout. Here’s a gorgeous tribute layout to Em’s Mum:
7. Journaling Challenge – The Journaling Challenge for May is hosted by Heather (HeatherB) and she is challenging you to create a layout with journaling that focuses on an important number. Heather focused on the number 73, which is the number of days her son had to spend in the hospital after he was both (Oh my!). Here’s her great journaling page:
8. BYOC Challenge – Finally we have the BYOC Challenge. This challenge will be hosted and posted by Natasha (bcnatty) on Friday May 3rd when May’s BYOC Collection will be released in the store. The challenge will be to use 90% of the products on your page from May’s BYOC collection and from at least 3 designers.
Challenge Galleries: (post your pages to these galleries)
There is your at-a-glance overview of this month’s brand new batch of challenges. Once you create your own layouts inspired by these challenges, be sure to post them to the appropriate galleries as listed above. Then be sure to also post them to the appropriate thread in the challenge forum. See the thread HERE for further challenge guidelines and see the May Challenge Pad HERE to get started! Don’t forget to post all of your completed layouts in the Challenge Layouts thread so we can be sure to get you the proper coupon at the end of the month. I’ll be back near the end of the month to shine my spotlight on some of the pages created for these challenges! I can’t wait to see what you come up with! Happy scrapping!