Hello everyone! It’s Polly Karen here and I’m here to show off a brand new batch of monthly challenges. Each month we have 8 brand new challenges that are posted in the forum Challenge Pad on the 1st (the BYOC Challenge is posted on the 1st Friday of the month.) You can use the challenges simply to inspire you to keep creating new layouts OR you can also earn yourself a fabulous coupon for your next shopping trip in the Lilypad Store. (2 challenges = 10%, 4 challenges = 20% and 6 challenges = 30%). Those who complete at least 7 challenges will be entered in a drawing for a $50 gift certificate! Isn’t that an awesome prize?!?! You’ll get lots of great memories captured in your scrapbooks AND you could win a fat gift certificate prize!!! Pretty great, right?! So let’s take a look at this month’s new batch of challenges!
1. Template Challenge – First up we have Courtney (bestcee) hosting the Template Challenge for March. The challenge is to use the free template supplied by Rachel Jefferies and create a layout using it. Here’s a look at the free template followed by a sample that Courtney created:
2. Style Challenge – The Style Challenge for March is being hosted by Ashley (ashleywb) and she is challenging you to create a mixed media type of page. Ashley would like to see you incorporate 4 materials of your page; gesso, ink, paper and one of the following: plastic, wood and/or metal. Here is a great sample layout that Ashley created to get you started:
3. Inspiration Challenge – This month’s Inspiration Challenge is in honor of the season of Spring that those of us in the Northern Hemisphere are eagerly awaiting. This challenge is hosted by Em who wants you to create a layout with at least 3 different types of flowers. Here’s a great spring flowery page she created:
4. BYOC Challenge – Next up is the BYOC Challenge. This challenge is hosted and posted by Heather (HeatherB) and the challenge is to use 90% of the products on your page from the current BYOC collection and from at least 3 designers. Here is a sample layout created by Heather to get you started:
5. Photography Challenge – The Photography Challenge for March is hosted by Lori (lcpereyra) and she wants you to create a layout that features photos of a thing or object (not a person or animal). Here is a peek at Lori’s layout featuring photos of some gorgeous flower bouquets:
6. Journaling Challenge – Cynthia (MrsPeel) is hosting this month’s Journaling Challenge and she wants you to create a layout with a list of what you’re doing “Currently”. Your list needs to include what you’re watching recently, what you’ve been listening too, what you’re eating AND drinking lately and what you’re loving right now. Here’s a great layout by Cynthia that gives us a look at what she’s up to lately:
7. Random Challenge – We have Anne (AnneofAlamo) hosting this month’s Random Challenge and she is challenging you to create a layout that features a series of at least 3 photos. These photos should show something that happened quickly over the course of a few seconds or minutes, not over the course of a few hours, days or years. Here is an example that Anne created:
8. Scraplift Challenge – Finally we have the Scraplift Challenge for March which is hosted by Christa (cfile). Christa wants to celebrate one of our dear members, MrsPeel and her amazing milestone of being the first person in Lilypad history to post 3,000 layouts in her gallery. So, Christa has selected the amazing Cynthia’s (MrsPeel)’s Gallery to scraplift from this month. Simply go to Cynthia’s Gallery and select a page that you love and then create your own layout inspired by it. Christa chose this great page by Cynthia and then made a scraplifted version which is even about meeting Cynthia in real life:
Challenge Galleries: (post your pages to these galleries)
There you have an at-a-glance overview of this month’s brand new batch of challenges. Once you create your own layouts inspired by these challenges, be sure to post them to the appropriate galleries as listed above. Then be sure to also post them to the appropriate thread in the challenge forum. See the thread HERE for further challenge guidelines and see the March Challenge Pad HERE to get started! Don’t forget to post all of your completed layouts in the Challenge Layouts thread so we can be sure to get you the proper coupon at the end of the month. I’ll be back near the end of the month to shine my spotlight on some of the pages created for these challenges! I can’t wait to see what you come up with! Happy scrapping!