Hello everyone! Polly Karen here! It’s March and we are getting back into the swing of our regular monthly challenges, so I’m here to show off the 8 monthly challenges that the Challenge Polly’s have created for March. Each month we have 8 brand new challenges that are posted in the forum Challenge Pad on the 1st (the BYOC Challenge is posted on the 1st Friday of the month.) You can use the challenges simply to inspire you to keep creating new layouts OR you can also earn yourself a fabulous coupon for your next shopping trip in the Lilypad Store. (2 challenges = 10%, 4 challenges = 20% and 6 challenges = 30%) AND everyone who completes at least 7 challenges will be considered for a one month guest spot on the creative team (The Pollys). So let’s take a look at this month’s new batch of challenges!
1. Style Challenge – The Style Challenge this month, is hosted by Julie (mrs2a50) and she is challenging you to create a layout with a BIG photo (must take up at least half your page). Here is a gorgeous example created by Julie:
2. Photography Challenge – Lori (lcpereyra) is hosting the Photography Challenge for this month. Lori wants you to photograph something that starts with the letter “D”. She photographed “determination” and then created this fabulous layout with that photo:
3. Journaling Challenge – The Journaling Challenge for March is being hosted by Ashley (ashleywb). Ashley is challenging you to create a layout including journaling about your guilty pleasure. She created a layout about a guilty pleasure I share with her, Twilight:
4. Template Challenge – Amanda (MandaKay) is hosting the Template Challenge for March. The challenge is to use the free template supplied by Mirjam of Pink Reptile Designs and create a layout using it. Here’s a look at the free template followed by a sample created by Amanda:
5. Random Challenge – March’s Random Challenge is hosted by Heather (HeatherB) who wants you to create a layout using a quote on your page. Here is a great layout Heather created with a quote about reading:
6. Inspiration Challenge – Farrah (FarrahJobling) is hosting this month’s Inspiration Challenge and she is channeling the “luck of the Irish” and four leaf clovers for her inspiration. You must create a layout using FOUR of something. Farrah used FOUR photos and FOUR flower elements in her sample layout below:
7. Scraplift Challenge – March’s scraplift challenge, hosted by Heather (talktoheather) is to find a layout in aballen’s gallery that you love and then create a layout inspired by her page. Heather picked this page from Abish’s (aballen’s) gallery and then created the following scraplifted layout:
8. BYOC Challenge – Last but not least we have the BYOC Challenge. This challenge will be hosted and posted by Renee (renee82) tomorrow, Friday March 3rd, when the new BYOC collection for March will be released in the store. This challenge is to use 90% of the products on your page from the current BYOC collection and from at least 3 designers.
Challenge Galleries: (post your pages to these galleries)
Wow! Another month and the Challenge Pollys have once again created 8 great new challenges to keep you busy scrapping. Once you create your own layouts inspired by these challenges, be sure to post them to the appropriate galleries as listed above. Then be sure to also post them to the appropriate thread in the challenge forum. See the thread HERE for further challenge guidelines and see the March Challenge Pad HERE to get started! Don’t forget to post all of your completed layouts in the Challenge Layouts thread so we can be sure to get you the proper coupon at the end of the month. I’ll be back near the end of the month to shine my spotlight on some of the pages created for these challenges! I can’t wait to see what you come up with! Happy scrapping!