Hello and happy July everyone! It’s Polly Karen here and I’m back to show off a new batch of awesome challenges for the month of July. Each month we have 8 brand new challenges that are posted in the forum Challenge Pad on the 1st day of the month. (the BYOC Challenge is posted on the 1st Friday of the month.) You can use the challenges simply to inspire you to keep creating new layouts OR you can also earn yourself a fabulous coupon for your next shopping trip in the Lilypad Store. (2 challenges = 10%, 4 challenges = 20% and 6 challenges = 30%). Those who complete at least 7 challenges will be entered in a drawing for a $50 gift certificate! Isn’t that an awesome prize?!?! You’ll get lots of great memories captured in your scrapbooks AND you could win a fat gift certificate prize!!! Pretty great, right?! So let’s take a look at this month’s new batch of challenges!
1. Scraplift Challenge – The Scraplift Challenge for July is hosted by Jenn (jk703). Jenn is challenging you to head to the BYOC Challenge Gallery and select a page that you love and then create your own layout inspired by it. Jenn chose a layout made by KarenB and then made her own scraplifted version:
2. Random Challenge – I am pleased to be back again this month to host another challenge. For this month’s Random Challenge I want you to create a layout with a “filled title” Use a bold blocky font and cut out the centers and then fill them with at least 1 paper, 1 photo and one filled with little elements. I also showed some products ideas available in the store if you’re rather start with a template. Here is my sample layout showing my filled title:
3. Style Challenge – The Style Challenge for July is hosted by the fabulous Em (Justagirl) and she is called her challenge “On the Edge”. Em would like you to create a layout with all the elements, photos and text aligned to the edge of your page. Here is Em’s gorgeous sample layout:
4. Template Challenge – Heather (HeatherB) is hosting the Template Challenge for July. The challenge is to use the free template supplied by Cheryl of Fiddle Dee Dee Designs and create a layout using it. Here’s a look at the free template followed by a sample that Heather created:
5. Inspiration Challenge – Rae (bcgal00) is hosting this month’s Inspiration Challenge and she is challenging you to create a layout inspired by at least one color and one shape from the following photo collage:
and here is Rae’s great sample layout:
She was inspired by the circles and scallops, the orange, green white and black colors:
6. Photography Challenge – Jenn (jenn mccabe) is hosting July’s Photography Challenge. Jenn would like you to take a photo that depicts your season right now and then scrap a layout with that photo and describe how you feel about your current season. Jenn’s layout is about her enjoying a warm Friday evening and a beautiful sunset after being stuck in the office all week:
7. Journaling Challenge – This month’s Journaling Challenge is hosted by Christa (cfile) and she would like you to create a layout about a Celebration. You should have 5 lines of journaling, a title and a date and include at least one photo. Here’s Christa’s page about celebrating her 25th wedding anniversary:
8. BYOC Challenge – Finally we have the BYOC Challenge. This challenge will be hosted and posted by Ashley (ashleywb) on Friday July 5th when July’s BYOC Collection will be released in the store. The challenge will be to use 90% of the products on your page from July’s BYOC collection and from at least 3 designers.
Challenge Galleries: (post your pages to these galleries)
There is your at-a-glance overview of this month’s brand new batch of challenges. Once you create your own layouts inspired by these challenges, be sure to post them to the appropriate galleries as listed above. Then be sure to also post them to the appropriate thread in the challenge forum. See the thread HERE for further challenge guidelines and see the July Challenge Pad HERE to get started! Don’t forget to post all of your completed layouts in the Challenge Layouts thread so we can be sure to get you the proper coupon at the end of the month. I’ll be back near the end of the month to shine my spotlight on some of the pages created for these challenges! I can’t wait to see what you come up with! Happy scrapping!