We have so many different ways to express our feelings. When we use expressions like ‘from the heart’ or ‘have a heart!’ we automatically know what the emphasis is on. Our ‘heart’, after all, is the central core to our well being.
I love these idioms and cliches to live by for a healthy heart:
1. after someone’s heart – pleases someone perfectly
2. from the heart – a gift given with a sincere deeper meaning
3. heart to heart – a talk that took things deeper and to another level
4. heart of gold – someone who is a true giver
5. change of heart – wants to take another path
6. follow your heart – do what your heart tells you :)
7. wear your heart on your sleeve – a person takes things with more emotion than clear thought
8. take heart – cheer up dear one
9. with all your heart – you gave your all!
10. by heart – to memorize perfectly
11. do a heart good – when something reaches lifts your spirits
12. to your heart’s content – live it up! Do this until you wish to stop
13. find it in your heart – please consider this with compassion
14. home is where the heart is – no matter where you go, this is where your thoughts are
Some of these are just sayings – but many ring with truth that can keep your heart healthy and happy for a long good life!
But on a scrapbooking note – I love using hearts in my layouts to continue the theme! I spotted a few in the gallery that caught my eye (& heart!)
So happy heart day to you! Hope you create something with a loving theme!