Speed Scrap | December 12

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Karen, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We are just getting started with a speed scrap in the chat room! I will post all the steps here too! Hope you can play along!

ONE. I’m going to start with a loose page design that looks like an open book. Imagine two rectangular pages open next to each other. On one side I want you to place a rectangular piece of paper. On the other side I want you to block off space for your journaling. The journaling can have it’s own piece of paper underneath it or it can be directly on the background. The area for the journaling should be about the same size of your 1st piece of paper. You don’t have to fill that area with journaling, but it shouldn’t have anything else in that space, so if your journaling is small, leave the remaining area blank.

TWO. Select a background paper. If you put your journaling on the background, make sure it’s not too busy. If you want a busy background, go back and add a piece of paper under your journaling area roughly the same size as your 1st piece of paper.

THREE. Add your picture(s) on top of the 1st piece of paper. You may use as many photos as you want. I used (6) small squares arranged wonky on top of the 1st piece of paper. You can use only 1 if you’d like.

FOUR. Add one (or more) strips of paper peeking out from under the 1st piece of paper (on the photo side). Add one piece of ribbon, ric rac or another paper strip on top of your photos.

FIVE. Create a cluster of at least 3 elements in the lower corner of your photo/paper area (towards the outside edge of the page). Add at least 1 element between the photo/paper side and your journaling. Add at least 1 element near the top of your layout. Try to create a visual triangle with the last element. Additional elements are fine.

SIX. Add a title above (on top of) your element cluster. If you don’t want a title, a piece of word art is fine.

SEVEN (final). Add a date and complete your journaling.

Be sure to post your pages in the SPEED SCRAP gallery. And come back here and post it here too. Will post my layout in the morning.

Pages will be due by 11:00 pm ET tonight. :agree

ETA: Here's my layout:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    bonnenuit likes this.
  2. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Mine! Thanks, Karen.

[​IMG]

wvsandy and Karen like this.
  4. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

5. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Thanks for the scrap and chat.
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  6. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

That was a fun distraction. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

7. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

8. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

That was fun.
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  9. Sharon-Dewi

Sharon-Dewi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the chat and challenge!

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  10. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I was out all evening watching the show my page is about. I arrived at TLP with 20 minutes left before the deadline and thought, I can do that! I was wrong. It took 30 minutes to do this. Oh well, I tried, and now I have scrapped for the first time in weeks. :)
    [​IMG]

Karen and kimingvtx like this.
  12. Farwen

Farwen Well-Known Member

I don't think you can understand: it's almost 20 minuts I'm trying to post my page (I mean: leave ps open while trying to open firefox, not working so trying to close ps, but pc almost frooooze, everything soooooooo slow), I'm writing this from my phone while the universe decides it's ok to let me do it this simple thing..... please bear with me....

Edit:
    this was a challenge for different reasons (I was lost til the end, lol), thank you Karen
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  13. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Here's mine ! Thanks for this challenge!

[​IMG]

14. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Wow wow WOW! I am absolutely thrilled with each and every page that you guys created. This was SO much fun to see how you interpreted my very WORDY instructions! lol! I love them all so much and am in awe that you guys created these for a speed scrap!!

And side note, I think it's SO cool that every single one of you put your photo(s) on the left side and the journaling on the right. What are the odds? And of course that's where mine are too. :giggle I'm heading to upload my page right now and will add it to the original post. :agree

mcurtt likes this.