January 31: Then + Now (the last day!!)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by lmccandless, Jan 31, 2018.

1. sbee

sbee Active Member

This was a fun challenge.
    [​IMG]

2. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch Save the salmon, and the lemon butter!

3. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  4. elwaechter

elwaechter Dances with Fairies

There were soooo many ways I could do this challenge, but what it came down to was what I thought I could write 150 words on. LOL! I did a Then & Now page for my uncle, so this is one for my aunt.
    [​IMG]
    and DONE!

lmccandless and LynnG like this.
  5. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

Day 31: Then & Now
    [​IMG]
    Created for MOC 2018 Day 31: Then and Now
    Products used:
    Summer Garden Freebie Template by Sara Gleason
    Of Wishes Hopes & Dreams blog-hop - stitches by Alison Pennington
    We Have Chemistry Bundle by Bella Gypsy
    Count All Your Blessings : Collection by Dawn Inskip
    Bah Humbug by Dawn Inskip
    Blue Skies Ahead Collection by Lynn Grieveson
    Firm Foundations #5 *M3 by Lynne-Marie
    Painted Papers *M3 by Lynne-Marie
    CCM November 2017 | Layer Styles by Mommyish
    CU - Stylin' #48 - Gel by Mommyish

6. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

Yay! I did it!

[​IMG]

7. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

8. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

Journaling is 169 words.

[​IMG]

bonnenuit, lmccandless and LynnG like this.
  9. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I love then & now layouts! Thanks for a great challenge Laura. I was actually stumped on what to do at first but looking through this thread was so inspiring!

[​IMG]

10. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I made it through here!!!! Thank you Laura for this last challenge! please let me know if the journaling is OK, I used google to translate it and I hope the words then and now are correctly on my text!
    my page:
    [​IMG]

11. scraptraci

scraptraci June Cleaver

this was a fun challenge. it was hard to pick the then photos i wanted to focus on but decided the story i wanted to tell was about my son and his friend and their childhood friendship that has lasted for 8 years (since kindergarten)

[​IMG]

journaling is

The more things change the more they stay the same, or so they say. I cannot believe you are now about to enter High School in the fall. It seems like just yesterday that you and Finn were in Kindergarten at Wheatland Salem. Funny how you 2 met back then on the meet the teacher day and became friends I love that you guys have remained friends since then. And you have so many things in common- chess, golf, video games. We often describe you as 2 peas in a pod and now adding Jack in you are like the 3 musketeers. I am glad that you both get along so well with Jack so that you have an even bigger group. Maybe Finn will follow you and Jack to Benet next year and you can finish High School together just like you started Kindergarten back then. I didn’t have those lifelong friendships growing up because we moved so often. I think it is awesome that you have been friends for so long and are even better friends now that you are older. I hope you continue to be friends long into the future.

12. Nightshadow

Nightshadow Pancakes are their own food group

Excellent suggesions. I like the one about the car, although the only photo I have of my old car is one I got off the internet. For some strange reason I never took a photo of my first car (my hands down favorite of all time), it was a 1969 VW Kharman Ghia convertible (bought used).

LynnG and Jems like this.
  13. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Absolutely, yes, layouts would count as photos. Sorry I missed this earlier today. I’m buried in alerts!

scrumptious likes this.
  14. Coady

Coady Well-Known Member

MOC Day 31 Then And Now

[​IMG]

15. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

List form is just fine :)

16. zippyoh

zippyoh Well-Known Member

What a great challenge to end MOC with! Thank you!
    Journaling is in gallery, 153 words.

[​IMG]

17. Mama Shades

Mama Shades Well-Known Member

Not my best work...rushing to get done before the deadline BUT I AM DONE!
    Thank you so much to everyone involved in MOC - you rock!!!
    [​IMG]

18. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

173 words! = Miss Lucy Lou became a part of our family on February 28th 2014. Then she was the cutest little 10 pound bag of skin! She quickly found her place in our hearts and I cannot imagine our lives without her. People say she is ‘just a dog’ but everyone says she’s the coolest dog they have ever met. She is FULL of personality! She loves attention and will not leave you alone until you have snuggled her. She thinks she is a lap dog and at around 70 pounds, a heavy one! She will 'oosh' onto your lap & nudge you until you submit to paying attention only to her! She is one of the kids- whether we are out at the lake or going for a walk. She loves her human siblings and sits at the table watching for their bus everyday around 3pm! She thinks she is our human baby and I guess we treat her like one! Our family
    became complete and will now never be the same without her!!!

[​IMG]

19. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

And with this - I'm done! Thanks for the best MOC ever!

203 words:
    THEN, I was about to turn 7 and my family was vacationing in Florida. All I wanted for my birthday was to visit the new Disney World Magic Kingdom Park. Mom and Dad said that was impossible – it was just too expensive. On my birthday, Dad said we were going somewhere as a surprise. He made my sister and I get down in the floor of the car in the backseat (before seatbelt laws!) and not to get up until we were there. It was very exciting. I never dreamed when I popped my head up to see where we were that it would be Disney! My Mom and Dad made their little girl’s dream come true. That was just the beginning. Kirk and I visited in 1989 and started taking Matthew every year in 1998. In 2005, Kirk and I were able to take Mom and Dad with us for a wonderful family trip. Many trips under my belt NOW, including some visits to the West Coast parks, and I still enjoy every moment. Matthew is an adult now and engaged (at the park) and I look forward to many years of more magic visiting our happy place!

[​IMG]

lmccandless likes this.
  20. suetr

suetr Active Member

Word Count 390...got a little choked up on this one!
    The Story:
    Wow…first days of school seven years apart…THEN we were living in Melrose and I drove you to school everyday in the trusty Pathfinder, you were at the lower school campus less than two miles from the house and I used to drop you off every morning and pick you up every afternoon. Drop off would usually be just driving up and you’d hop out but on the first day of school, you had so much stuff, I’d park and walk over with you and find your classrooms and say hi to all the moms and dads I hadn’t seen all summer, the teachers would have big signs describing their classrooms and it was such fun and a nice celebration of back to school! For several years after school, a huge bunch of us would descend on the ice cream store in Melrose, Heavenly Licks for ice cream and then a play at the park down the street.

NOW we’re living in Wakefield, 4 miles from our old house. You girls take the bus most days unless there is a club meeting before school. First day of school is the traditional photo and then off you go down the street to the bus. No fuss, no muss. Backpacks still full of fresh school supplies although now you mostly get to pick your own and you bring them in over the course of a week, not all at once. Now, I still pick you up occasionally but most days there is a sports practice at the facility after school so you take the sports bus and I pick you up after practice. It’s hard to believe that soon, you’ll be driving yourselves!!! I will miss our conversations in the car because I get to see you less and less as the years go on, but I won’t miss slogging to Malden several times a day.

ONE thing that is the same NOW as THEN.. The celebratory First Day of School dinner at the Border Cafe. We have been going there every year since Kindergarten so we are not stopping now! Most years, Aunty Moe comes along to join in the fun, which makes it extra special because we don’t see her as much as we’d like.

Hard to believe there is only one more back to school left!

xo

mom