January 26: Remembrance or Tribute Layout

Discussion in 'MOC 10 Challenges' started by bcgal00, Jan 21, 2022.

1. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

cfile likes this.
  2. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

I put the wording in my gallery description. 313 words.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  3. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

[​IMG]

612 words (as counted by Google Docs)

Bagheertje and cfile like this.
  4. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

I had to think about this a lot, but I love that I got to make a page about Professor Rymer, she is the BOMB. 383 words and my journaling is on my page (with the credits), so it can be read.

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

302 Words!
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  6. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

322 words

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  7. Marif

Marif Well-Known Member

Tough challenge. I always find it hard to write long text and especially to format it around the layout. But thanks for the inspiration to do so, I'm glad I journaled all of this!
    I chose to write about my trip to Moose Jaw. The journaling explains why (in 330 words):
    "The trip of a lifetime: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan!
    It sounds funny to most people, so much so that it took me over 40 years between the moment that caused the dream and the time I finally made it there.
    I am from France, my whole family lives there and that’s where I spent all the childhood I remember and all my formative years. But because I am a military brat, and because my Dad accepted a NATO exchange position between the French and Canadian Air Forces, I was born in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. I spent the first 2 and a half years of my life there and remember nothing. My whole family visited us while we lived there and have some memories and souvenirs, as does my sister who, being much older, remembers her 4 years there.
    So growing up, it was a strange identity defining dichotomy for me to have been born in Canada and have dual citizenship, and yet having no memory of it and no sense of the landscapes, the culture, the cuisine, the people.
    When I moved back to Canada at 20 years old, the plan was always to go visit Moose Jaw. But Canada is big, and plane tickets are expensive, and it’s hard to convince your friends and even your husband that we should take a trip to a small town in Saskatchewan. For many years, we chose Disney World, all inclusive resorts on the beach or European cities. But as part of my 40th birthday we finally made good use of some of our Aeroplan points to take a 4 day escapade to Moose Jaw, the friendly city!
    So this moment of arriving from Regina is momentous for me. This is one of the happiest moments of my life. Of course, I had to stop along the highway to take photos with the welcome sign, and one of arriving in town and seeing Main Street, which my parents had talked about so often."

[​IMG]

Done with Magic Moments: Exploring Canada Whatnots, Magic Moments: Exploring Canada Whimsies, Magic Moments: Exploring Canada Itty Bits, Magic Moments: Exploring Canada Papers, Take A Hike CollectionFlannel Season Bundle and Magic Moments: Frontier Tales Double Take Papers by Bella Gypsy Designs and the O Canada templates by Scrapping With Liz.

cfile likes this.
  8. DopeyGal

DopeyGal I don't like deserted islands!

9. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

Here is mine - 670 words

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  10. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

728 words - once I get started I can journal forever! I chose to do a remembrance of a trip. I dragged out the journal I had kept during this trip and had such a lovely trip down memory lane.
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  11. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Here is mine. 305 words and I could have kept right on going about these special ladies in my life!

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  12. jnac916

jnac916 Active Member

[​IMG]
    364 words

cfile likes this.
  13. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

This was supposed to be an easy peasy page remembering our wonderful dog. I have 12 years of happy memories of her. And I even have the notes taken back in 2017 to halp me. All I had to do was turn my bullet points into text... and this is what happened... I didn't know I still had all this grief in me... Its been three years and we have a new dog we love to pieces... but... I guess I needed this bout of tears... so, thank you for the challenge from the bottom of my heart.

581 words, full text in the gallery.

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the challenge. 331 words.

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  15. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

16. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

319 words

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  17. Jess Claire Creates

Jess Claire Creates Well-Known Member

383 words, with permission to keep them private. I would normally choose a story I could tell without censoring but I needed to get this story down and it was helpful to write down some of the many thoughts in my head right now.

[​IMG]

kimingvtx and cfile like this.
  18. Tamsin McAtee

Tamsin McAtee Member

19. turtlebug

turtlebug Well-Known Member

This challenge might be the death of my MOC10 challenge. I just don't journal. I am a teacher and all I do all day is write feedback and answer emails. Forming a sentence is the last thing I want in my art.

easyeyes4you and cfile like this.
  20. Sharon-Dewi

Sharon-Dewi Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for this lovely challenge! Once I started typing, the words kept coming.
    In Dutch I've written down 1024 words and the English translation consists out of 973 words.

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.