January 25th : Art Doll (Style Challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Jan 25, 2018.

1. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Welp ... I sat down at my computer 2+ hours ago ... completely lost track of time ... (and forgot laundry was in the washer!) ... what a wonderful challenge @MrsPeel!! Now to get the laundry done and get ready for bed!! Can't wait to see more layouts tomorrow - this thread is amazing!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    MrsPeel, weaselwatchr, Thuria and 3 others like this.
  2. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

Summer was my inspiration. This is so far outside of what I would normally scrap! Kinda fun though :)
    [​IMG]

3. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

I was inspired by the colors of autumn, and thoughts of heading back to school (since I just started a new substitute teaching job). I really enjoyed all of the music as a background to creating my art doll teacher!
    [​IMG]

4. kraezd70

kraezd70 Can you take pictures of snow in Hawaii?

5. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

I have never done this before. It turned out to be more fun than I expected. I was inspired by winter. Thanks for the challenge!

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, weaselwatchr and A-M like this.
  6. jcb5600

jcb5600 Well-Known Member

Whew! I have never done anything like this before and had no clue where it was going until it was done. But I like it! I was inspired by Summer colors and the later third of the Summer music.

[​IMG]

mcurtt, MrsPeel, weaselwatchr and 2 others like this.
  7. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

So I was inspired by the music and pictures overall. They made me think of traveling around the world checking off my bucket list. Turned out a little busy, but it was fun! Thanks for the WAY out of the box challenge for me!

[​IMG]

mcurtt, MrsPeel, weaselwatchr and 2 others like this.
  8. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

9. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Amazing challenge!!! So much fun! (Summer was my inspiration)

[​IMG]

10. lou

lou Well-Known Member

Wow! I think this is the only challenge i scrolled through the entire thread to see each and every page! So much creativity and inspiration!
    I did see a few different templates being used (oops!), i hope you don't make them redo their pages, all of these dolls are just so gorgeous!

11. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Inspired by the spring photo
    Art Doll Template - Tangie Baxter
    Head - Blue Skies (Pink Reptile Designs)
    Elements and Papers - Blue Skies (Pink Reptile Designs), Shine Bright (Sahlin Studio), Yesterdays (Etc by Danyale)
    Blended into pants Mega Solids (Amy Wolff), Gratitude (Lynn Marie)
    Style - One Little Bird

MrsPeel, weaselwatchr and A-M like this.
  12. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

Inspired by winter, although admittedly less inspired by the song than by me having to go outside tonight. Ugh. is it over?
    [​IMG]

13. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Thanks @MrsPeel , this was my fav challenge so far! I chose winter, but may have to do the other 3 as well, just some personal fun later...
    [​IMG]

14. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

[​IMG]
    C
    learly a Spring layout.

MrsPeel and weaselwatchr like this.
  15. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

I really wasn't inspired by any particular season, but it has ended up looking like Spring. Definitely not my comfort zone ... have spent most of the day playing... first I chose body parts and positioned them, then went looking for fabrics and faces... only had the Aspen one... didn't really want to use something already done, but started with it, placing it over the round head template... I played around with a lot of variations of it, then went looking for some very old flairs with faces... chose one of them and spent hours trying to be happy with it... then I went back to the original Aspen one, or parts of it... blanked out the face, put some blush on cheeks, wanted more ...so went and got some face parts I knew I had and put them in place... other than all of that, I spent most of the day distorting just about everything from the arms to the clothes to the face with the transform tool.... She is not as funky as most... but I really don't think I can even do that... I wanted fun, so chose fun words even though in the end they had nothing to do with my youngish looking doll... anyway... I hope they give some of you a laugh....

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, weaselwatchr, merank and 4 others like this.
  16. vanessasmed

vanessasmed Well-Known Member

Scrapped how I've been feeling, off and on, during this MOC 6, as at the end of MOC 5 last year, I had my most recent miscarriage.

Iwas inspired by Vivaldi's winter sad parts of the music, and the colour scheme (blue and lavender) of photo that went along with it.
    [​IMG]

17. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

My inspiration was actually Spring's colors and music. Once I was done, I think it was closer to Winter's end. Not sure where I lost most of my color palatte, lol.

[​IMG]

BevG, MrsPeel, Electra and 4 others like this.
  18. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

19. cestrada123

cestrada123 Well-Known Member

20. triplejdesigns

triplejdesigns Well-Known Member