January 2 - Why I Scrap

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by HeatherB, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

thank you for this challenge

[​IMG]

my journaling is translated in the gallery and has 277 words (english version)

LynnG, DraeScraps and HeatherB like this.
  2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

383 WORDS

[​IMG]

LynnG and HeatherB like this.
  3. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

481 words
    [​IMG]

4. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Believe it or not - but I am DONE!!! I dread journaling so this really was a challenge for me. My journaling is 344 words in Swedish and 337 in English. I've posted a translation (done via Google translate) in my gallery credits:
    [​IMG]

5. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

My wordcount is 308 not including the quote and can be read in the gallery. Thank you for the challenge!

[​IMG]

6. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

414 words
    [​IMG]

7. bumblebeee

bumblebeee Well-Known Member

289 words.
    [​IMG]

8. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

250 ON THE DOT! ;)
    [​IMG]

One of the reasons I scrapbook is to preserve our memories for the future. Recently I was given by my mom some genealogy documents that came from my great grandma. She also had started to write stories about her family just before she passed. Going through this old stuff is just SO cool! This is my history, my family. I think scrapbooking has been in my blood for many generations! My mom has kept scrapbook like photo albums! My baby album has all the cards & ephemera saved too! I believe that scrapbooking is a modern day genealogy hobby- as our layouts and albums will be passed on to our children and family! Also- I have a great memory- but often forget the simple, daily details that go along with having a busy family. Scrapbooking helps me capture some of those small, daily details like a snapshot in time. As the kids grow older, it’s harder and harder to remember the days of their infanthood, toddlerhood and now childhood/pre-teen days! The kids love looking through old albums and learning the stories of when they were younger- and I love retelling them! Lastly- I am a creative person. I have many crafty hobbies: paper/vinyl crafting, painting and reading- but digital scrapbooking is my utmost favorite. I love being able to express my feelings or escaping into photoshop! With working more, I seem to have less ‘me’ time, but I make time for my scrapbooking since it is a great creative outlet!

9. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

thank you for the challenge (401 words)

[​IMG]

10. Mama Shades

Mama Shades Well-Known Member

i'm not much of a journaler usually....but I eked out 262 words!
    [​IMG]

11. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

So sorry if my journaling came out too small--was not my intent to hide the words. *sigh*

[​IMG]

12. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

338 words
    [​IMG]

13. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

281 words
    [​IMG]

14. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

368 words - text in gallery
    [​IMG]

LoveItScrapIt, LynnG and HeatherB like this.
  15. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I love a good journaling challenge, I have no problem filling a page with words. But, I will say as I thought about this and my vision for the challenge -- it took me way too long to find all the word bits that I wanted to visualize my why . . . but it is part of the creative process that is a part of why -- So here is my page with my 363 words

[​IMG]

LynnG, HeatherB and Smileark like this.
  16. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

17. LynnG

LynnG Designer

why_MOC_day2.jpg View attachment 425276

I .. ah ... went with radical honesty, because that's how I/we live life, especially now.

Word count= 360

This is a really, really hard one.
    Why do I scrapbook when I can no longer look at my printed photobooks filled with scrapbook layouts from the past? They are stored away somewhere in the apartment but I have successfully blacked out where. Partly it’s easy - obviously I scrap so I can play with the product I have created. But if that were the only reason I could use stock photos or get someone to share their pics with me. Yet I keep returning to it, scrapping older photos as well as keeping a record for M of her teenage years. And that was why I started of course: faced with a supposedly life-limiting diagnosis I wanted to record her and E’s childhoods in case I wasn’t around to tell them their stories, and so they had tangible proof I was there and I loved them. But I defied that diagnosis and here I am, in pain quite often but as determined as ever to achieve as much as I am able and to live a life filled with adventure. And since 2019 I have been including myself more in my pages, and scrapping my own story from before the girls were born. I guess it’s a way of reclaiming myself, to say I was here and NOT just as your mother. In some ways it feels like a form of defiance in the face of what happened. So I scrap the adventures that B and I have together and I scrap the photos I love of him, and do I do so in the full knowledge that there are no guarantees in life, especially when you live with challenges as we do. Whatever happens I want a record of this life - which has turned into an even crazier one since 2019. I record my truth. (But, of course, that’s why I struggle with looking through those old books, because they represent a time I didn’t know the whole truth.) Why else do I do it? Because it’s fun and creative and a complete change from wrangling other people’s words or being shouted and spat at by protestors.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  18. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

444 words
    [​IMG]

20. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

[​IMG]

Journaling:
    I have been scrapbooking since the mid 80’s when Larry and I began our journey together. I kept track of our
    road trips for a while and when we started a family, I moved on to cross stitch. Obviously I don’t do that anymore because of the vision! I picked up scrapping in 2000 when we moved to New Orleans and got involved in Creative Memories and Stampin Up! I started with paper scrapbooking and did that until around 2010 when I became a blogger on a scrapbooking site, but didn’t know it was digital, so I was totally Lost. I became a hybrid scrapper! The designer (Kiki Halbert) was the most wonderful person I ever met and helped me so much. My digi journey began!!!I have met some of the most wonderful people in digi land. I feel close to all even though we never met.
    Digi scrappers have this bond. They are ready to help you, comfort you and prasie you. It is great!
    I scrap because I miss my brother so incredibly much and I have to express my feelings. I miss Jill from Created by Jill and they both died of a disease, that I now suffer from. The connection is unreal. but the pain and tears are real wet and sad. My brother ends up in so many of my layouts. He is always there.I like being alone with me and my thoughts, kits, layouts and creating the magic that makes me happy! I scrap because it 's just me. 256 words (just happened that way)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021