cinna

MOC-02 Why I Scrap

MOC-02 Why I Scrap
cinna, Jan 2, 2021
Description:
I did my journaling in Swedish and here's a Google translate of my journaling:

"The obvious reason for me is because it's so creative! Here I get outlets for so many different things such as color, shape, composition and design. Then add that it is a perfect way to use my photos which was actually the reason why I started with scrapbooking from the beginning. My scrapbooking journey may also seem a bit backwards for some. Most people I know who do digital scrapbooking started with paper and then switched to digital, but for me it has been just the opposite! Another important reason is that I want to REMEMBER what has happened in my life! Both the positive and the negative. It becomes like my personal picture diary and the nice thing is that some things are so obvious to me in my layouts but for others it is completely invisible. Not everything needs to be said in words. Nowadays I do both scrapbooking digitally and in paper form, but it really looks different. Most of my scrapbooking is digital and that's mainly because it's much smoother! It's also so much easier to test different things - change paper and details; if it should be a little splash of color or maybe a stamp in the background. If it goes wrong, just delete it! I also get outlets to use my photos in several different creative ways through masks and different filters. With that said, I still would not want to be without my paper scraping. It is a special feeling to work with your hands and feel structures, shapes and that it does not always turn out as you intended from the beginning! :) Right now I'm stuck to scrape in the Travelers Notebook format which really makes me feel more creative. It has also led to me becoming better at actually writing more and it becomes clear faster. I am constantly discovering new things in scrapbooking - both digitally and in paper. It can be new technical tricks or a new form of expression. That's probably why I never get tired!"

Thanks for looking!

Credits:
Listed | Papers
Listed | Elements
Listed | Alpha
ALL by Pink Reptile Designs, TLP
    • ArmyGrl
      Your layout is so cute! Lovin' the addition of the lady bug. And, I like how it looks like you wrote on a semi-transparent overlay. The elements you added, like the clock, go well with your journaling too. Well done!!!
      cinna likes this.
    • cinna
      @ArmyGrl Thanks! <3 I am trying out a new scrapbooking size for me - A4 - which makes me able to print my layouts at home. Still not sure how this will pan out...
    • HeatherB
      This is wonderful! I loved reading your journaling and I love the embellishments you chose, including the clock, lady bug, and smilie face! And love that you included a photo of you! Great page! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
      cinna likes this.
    • ArmyGrl
      @cinna Years ago I went 8.5x11 to print from home. Now I just don't print :giggle

It is truly convenient to print from home. And, A4 size makes pleasing layouts, in my opinion.
      cinna likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    cinna
    Date:
    Jan 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    216 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    495px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).