January 2 - Why I Scrap

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by HeatherB, Jan 2, 2021.

1. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi everyone and welcome to the second day of MOC 9! Today's challenge is our first journaling challenge of MOC 9 and it is to create a page and journal about Why I Scrap. Well, you journal about why you scrap and I will journal about why I scrap. I think you get the idea!

There are so many different reasons why people participate in scrapbooking and I think it is so interesting to find out what those reasons are! For some, scrapbooking is a way to preserve memories to be able to relive moments. For others, it is a way to catalogue the everyday events. And for others, it is a form of artwork, a way to express themselves artistically or even therapeutically. In any case, scrapbooking is intensely personal - a way of expressing yourself in a way that makes you happy or fulfilled. It is a gift to yourself and can even be a gift to those around you.

The rules for today's challenge are simple:
    1. Journal about why you scrap
    2. Journaling must be a minimum of 250 words
    Please do provide a word count for your journaling in the credits so I can see that it qualifies! (There is an online word counter at https://wordcounter.net/ that may be helpful - just copy your journaling, paste it into the area on the website, and it will give you the count.)

Clarifications:
    • You can use photos, or this can be a photoless page
    Here is my page for a little inspiration (linked to gallery for full credits):
    [​IMG]
    (557 words)

And here is a page from Anne (@AnneofAlamo) for more inspiration (linked to gallery):
    [​IMG]
    (311 words)

And another page from Sheri (@SeattleSheri) for even more inspiration (linked to gallery)!
    [​IMG]
    (375 words)

Since this is a Journaling Challenge, the following additional rules apply:
    1. Your journaling should be in complete sentences to qualify as complete. Word art will not qualify toward your word count. You cannot use the same word over and over. You cannot use the same sentence over and over again. Journaling challenges are meant for telling stories; if your journaling is sensitive or personal, please message me or Julie (mrs2a50) directly to discuss.
    2. Your journaling should be legible and readable. If your page is not in English, we ask that you translate your journaling to English and post the translation in your gallery credits. If your journaling has been distressed or your font is too small to read, you should post your journaling in your gallery credits. Again, if your journaling is sensitive and/or personal, please message me or Julie directly to discuss.
    And of course our regular MOC rules apply:
    Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.
    Your page must contain Lilypad product (pages with photos and font only do not count). If you use product from other stores, your pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

I am looking forward to seeing your pages!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  2. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Holding this post for answers to questions and clarification of the guidelines!

You do not need the word "why" in your title.

crazsquaw likes this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Ohhh! Great challenge

[​IMG]

#484 words

LynnG, slfam, Smileark and 2 others like this.
  4. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

Word count - 436 | Thank you, thank you for the link to the counting site. Whew! or otherwise I would have been a lot less wordy!!

[​IMG]

LynnG, Smileark and HeatherB like this.
  5. dbregant

dbregant Well-Known Member

Word count: 255
    [​IMG]

LynnG and HeatherB like this.
  6. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Oh boy, this is a confrontational one as I’m trying to find back that scrapbooking spark. But I’ll try and see what comes out of my heart.:heartlub

bcnatty, LynnG, bestcee and 5 others like this.
  7. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

Love this. Do there need to be the word "why" in the title (since all 3 examples have it) or can we title our page the way we want?

HeatherB and MlleTerraMoka like this.
  8. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

My word count is.... 271

[​IMG]

LynnG, HeatherB and threadjungle like this.
  9. CarolynJoyce77

CarolynJoyce77 Snozberries? Who ever heard of a snozberry?!

My journaling:
    I scrap at every opportunity for so many reasons. Least of all I love to relive and capture all the wonderful moments of my life. I scrap to show my love for my family specially my grand children as through my pages and books I make for them I hope in the years to come they will be able to look at them and feel the love I have for them. Scrapping has given me the skills to make my own wedding invitations and birthday invitations, for special occasions, which everyone in the family loves. Scrapping allows me to combine my love of photography and the need to be creative. I also worry about the changing technology and the fact I currently have 46 000 photos save in the cloud and I wonder if 20 years from now will my children and grandchildren have access to their photos. By scrapping all my favourite photos and turning the pages into books, which I print each year, then I know that for all the years which follow my grandchildren will have all these great memories to look back on. I try to add some stories to the pages so that even the details of the memories are captured and recorded. Scrapping is also something I do for my self something that I can lose myself in for hours and something that always relaxs me. Through scrapping I have been able to make many friends, from all over the world.
    My layout:
    [​IMG]

10. extase

extase Well-Known Member

Have all a marvelous week-end :)
    [​IMG]

11. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

Here's mine
    Credits are in the forum

[​IMG]

329 words in Dutch
    323 words in English

Translation:
    Why I scrap? There are more answers to this question. There's not only one answers, there are more. I started digital scrapbooking on January 1st, 2010. I wanted a fun way to preserve my memories and photos. I didn't want them to be just digital or just in a plain photobook to never look at them again. I was a little bit familiar with paper scrapbooking, but in a simple way. I am not handy with glue and scissors and I wasn't really happy with the results I got. And it wasn't really paper scrapbooking either. So one day, I discovered digital scrapbooking. I was a member of a forum (not scrapbooking related) and there were some people posting their digital layouts. It immediately spoke to me. It got my attention. I was a little familiar with photoshop, downloaded some freebies and got started. I made my layouts without a template first, but I wasn't completely satisfied. Later, I discovered templates and learned how to you those. My love for digital scrapbooking started to grow and grow. So I started digital scrapbooking to make fun photobooks in the first place, but it became a hobby which I love very much. I like to be creative without using glue and scissors and making a mess. I love that I can use my supplies over and over again. When I finish a layout and I'm happy with it, it gives me so much satisfaction. I have this hobby for over 11 years at the moment and I can't imagine myself giving it up. Plus, I see myself evolving and evolving. I still learn about how to use shadows, writing stories, discovering and controling new techniques. I still learn about my program and how to use it. All of that is giving me also so much satisfaction. I don't see myself letting go of this hobby so easily. Digital scrapbooking is something close to my heart.

12. Bec

Bec Well-Known Member

Hopefully this is legible
    [​IMG]

13. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

#287 words ( without the title )

[​IMG]

LynnG, Smileark, HeatherB and 2 others like this.
  14. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

FR - 276 words
    UK - 270 words

[​IMG]

15. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Thanks for the wonderful challenge. I initially balked at the 250 word count but it was not anywhere near as difficult as I thought it would be.

[​IMG]

Lynne-Marie, LynnG, tlcd1961 and 4 others like this.
  16. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

What a fun topic to scrap!
    Word count = 280
    [​IMG]

17. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

18. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

It was a walk down memory lane, great challenge!

Journaling counts 260 words (word art not counted!)
    [​IMG]

19. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

962 words.. journaling reflected in credits
    [​IMG]

Ferdy, LynnG, slfam and 1 other person like this.
  20. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

Word Count 464 (give or take a few after minor editing)
    [​IMG]

angiekey, rrred68, Smileark and 4 others like this.