Remembering
carrie1977, Jul 18, 2018
Description:
Golden Elements and Papers by Amber LaBau
Heart Cut Outs by Scrapping with Liz

Journing:
This Conway Twitty song came on the radio this morning and I was instantly taken back to the days when Grandpa would drive us to and from school. He would listen to his old country cassette tapes. We would all grumble about the music. But, now I hear these older songs and I stop and listen. I miss him.
RJMJ, Scrapping with Liz and jesskab like this.
    • keepscrappin
      What a beautiful memory! Love how the hearts pop on the kraft and I can feel the love you've pour into this layout... melts my heart!
      carrie1977 likes this.
    • Tree City
      Aw, that's so sweet! What a fun way to use the heart cutouts and the string looped around the station is a fun touch.
      cfile and carrie1977 like this.
    • jazzmatazz
      Isn't amazing what things (sights, smells, and sounds) take us back in time? Love this capture of your memory of your grandfather? The design is fantastic, particularly the interlacing hearts and the line of flowers, banners and string. Beautifully done!
      carrie1977 likes this.
    • cfile
      Oh Carrie - how sweet and I love that you took a snap of the radio with the song and then framed it and surrounded it with hearts. I agree re sights and sounds how they transport us to that moment ... what a sweet memory you have of your grandfather. Always remember that. He is smiling as you remembered that special moment you had together :) I love the clean scrap here with your clustering of flowers to match the hearts and the bits of paint splatters on the kraft paper background..a perfect page! Thank you for sharing your special memory with us and joining in on the journaling challenge!
      carrie1977 likes this.
    • willimena
      I love how songs can take us right back to a moment in time! I like the way you've linked all the elements together and the meaningful journaling - precious memories.
      carrie1977 likes this.
    • carrie1977
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    carrie1977
    Date:
    Jul 18, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    243.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).