hclappy

2016-12-06Friendsweb

2016-12-06Friendsweb
hclappy, Dec 31, 2016
Description:
Possibly the most embarassing LO I've ever made...

December 2016 Storyteller by Just Jaimee

Template #20 by Simple Scrapper

Inspired by a Simple Scrapper prompt (Friends Forever, January 2017 #1

Journaling reads-

Making friends as an adult is weird. I saw a meme once that said something like “When you’re in your 20’s, you’re making new friends all the time, but when you’re in your 30’s, you assume everyone already has all the friends they need, so you don’t make the effort”.

I’ve kind of found this to be true. All of my friends are “old friends”, friends I’ve had most of my life, or friends I made at work years ago. We moved to a new town almost three years ago and I haven’t made any friends here. The only time we make new friends is when one of our old friends gets married. I have made lots of internet friends, but we haven’t taken the next step to IRL.

Jason and I watch those House Crashers shows on HGTV, and when they tell the couple “Tell all your friends to meet us here tomorrow morning and we’ll get to work!”, we always laugh because “all our friends” in town would be a very small demolition crew of two people.

I’m not sad about it though. I’m very good at keeping myself occupied, and I actually think our marriage is stronger because we’re somewhat isolated and we’ve had to work out our issues without any outside input. Though I’m sure Jason would like to have some guys to play video games with. And it might be nice to go bra shopping with someone who actually has boobs, instead of poor Jason standing around awkwardly looking at his phone. But you can’t really put it out there that you’re looking for a new friend to go bra shopping with, can you? Because that would be weird.
destiney1 and Tree City like this.
    • StefanieS
      I agree that making friends now is much much harder. Love the sentiments you expressed in this fabulous photoless layout.
    • berniek
      Oh boy I so relate!! I've never been good at making friends (or keeping up with the friendships for that matter) but it has become harder the older I get.
      My parents on the other hand moved a year ago and now have more friends than they ever had!
    • scrappyjedi
      This sounds so much like my husband and I! He has more friends than I do (I am such an introvert), but mostly we just hang out together (and I've learned to just order my bras online- ha! :) ).

Love how you broke up the journaling in several blocks down the page. It makes for a great design element!
    • rchansen
      Love this layout!! The friends I have made as an adult are usually parents of my daughters' friends and teammates. I thought they were strong friendships but as the girls graduated we see less and less of each other. Kinda sad. I may want to do a page like this...I really like it.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    hclappy
    Date:
    Dec 31, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    202.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).